Devs, a lil help or input plz *Rangers*

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Avory, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Avory Augur

lol, oh gawd, another one of "you people."

As it sits, you're a nobody who thinks you can stroke your ego with a clueless post as you just did. This whole, "you could be better" act is predictable and old... It suggests you're great, yet no one has any reason to think you have any clue what your talking about. It's amazing that what you gotr out of the thread is not what the focus was on outside of the trolls.
  2. Avory Augur

I do everything you said even third spire. So, whats the magic that makes you 47x the DPS as the rest of us? Thanks for posting but like in beta, yeah, you're not really telling me or much of anyone else stuff theyd on't know... also the areas that people might not follow what you do are minimal DPS upgrades, I doubt you see 50-70k DPS increase on a sustained burn from the very very little stuff.

Id like to see a raid parse you have with you on Rangers. I find myself wondering if you're really that great of DPS or if they rest of the players are just way under where they should be. We have people in the 300-400k dps, and again this is not self parses as that is naturally higher. Are you pushing 400k deepz on your ranger on 20 min fights?
  3. Avory Augur

Because he came in, cried and added nothing while acting like he has all the answers. He has mana issues too??? We don't even know what class he plays as he's anon to us... he don't sound like a Ranger, if he's not only 1 other class has "mana issues" that I know of and it's not even that bad, BL. Is he a BL??? we dono lol because he said nothing.
  4. Avory Augur

I tested EB with IF many times and on raids I lose DPS UNLESS it's very situational. Boss of EoK, I could burn EB and IF at the start, it works because there is downtime right after the first wave... On a normal raid with a Burn you lose a lot of DPS from not doing Archery disc while the whole rid is pushing all the ADPS. In the end it was so close to the same that even if it was more than a Archery burn it ends up a wash with extra work. Now after Archery disc is down I burn EB + IF... That being said I burn IF with Archery at the start.

Again I'm just not seeing where I'd go up a solid 60k to be kinda decent dps again. We're still talking about a few K dps added at best, at worst a possible loss of DPS.

The biggest things that create our DPS are being done, everything else adds very very minimal amounts. We're doing them, or most of them... but none of them, even if all were added together make up the huge loss Ranger took from nerfs. My DPS was cut around 40% after the nerf and nothing in your posts will even get 5% of that back.

Do you raid you r Ranger, are you still pushing 350k dps and beating your whole guild Fin?
  5. Avory Augur

Fintank,

I currently have not had the opportunity to raid my ranger in EOK yet. However does that really matter? I've been sustaining 200k+ since the latter half of TBM, so any parse under 200k to me without severe event penalties or adps inadequacies requires some tweaks. I'm also not saying Rangers are the best of the best right now, I know they are not at this point. Rangers however were top tier in the past 2 expansions.

I'm really lost here...

You have not Raided your Ranger in EoK or RoS?

If you have not raided in RoS (I assume you meant that) then how would you know anything about the nerfs? In Beta you posted old parses that again were not even relevant to beta. You know your stuff and I say that because you pretty much copy my burns, but you are clearly out of your depth here... You don't raid current content with your Ranger, nor did you run a single test on your Ranger in RoS beta... How are you taking yourself seriously in threads like this?

Get your out there, do some raids and see if you're still pushing 300k deepz... Yeah, I personally owned Queen too, back before 2 nerfs and a whole expansion was released... You need to hear that, 2 nerfs and a entire expansion were done, while you from my understanding main changed, never even experiencing these changes. It's just like in beta where you post an old burn setup and parse that's dated.

I'm not telling you off, I'm simply pointing out that you actually appear to have no idea what you're talking about. You keep using old irrelevant information.
  6. Derka Power Ranger

I've often wondered how much DPS is lost because of people blocking Bloodlust Aura to use third spire just for it's duration. Fiddling around I just made a macro real quick to temporarily block/unblock it so you get the best of both worlds. Any input or improvement would be appreciated.

/pause 3, /blockspell add me 8478
    /pause 3, /alt act 1462
    /pause 3, /g Third Spire ON!!
    /blockspell remove me 8478

Just tested it in guild hall with a zerker, it fully works and the bloodlust aura wont overwrite your third spire after unblocking. It seemed i had to run in and out of range to get his bloodlust aura back on after i clicked off third spire however.
  7. Maedhros High King

You really are struggling bud. This thread is sad.
    You cry that rangers are terrible, "worse than bards" you said and yet we still see rangers doing fantastic numbers.
    Rangers are one of those classes that anyone can play well, but are much harder to master.
    There is no doubt that ranger numbers are down from what they were pre-SCRM nerf but the sky did not fall. The sun still shines on rangers far more than you would have people believe.

We haven't gone back to hit EOK very much since ROS came out, other than to throw some rotting loot at apps and alts. I assume most guilds are in that same boat.
    Fintank offered to main his warrior for us at a time when we were hurting for tanks and as such has been playing the warrior in ROS.
    He is a truly fantastic warrior, but he is hands down the best ranger I know of and its absurd the numbers he puts up but it is what it is.
    If it was only Fintank on his ranger "alt" putting up these numbers I would write it off to savant status and less indicative of the class in general, but it is not just him.

Combined: A Di`Zok warcaster on 1/2/2018 in 266sec
    Total
    --- DMG: 2292717157 @ 8619237 sdps (8619237 dps in 266s) [100%]
    --- DMG to PC: 100138746 @376461dps
    Findictive - Fintanks ranger
    --- DMG: 137394919 @ 516522 sdps (524408 dps in 262s) [5.99%]
    ------ Findictive:
    --------- Total: 137325324 -- Hit: 102120183 -- DirDmg: 24811241 -- DoT: 5903650 -- Slash: 3833898 -- Kick: 656352
    --------- Normal rate: 22.8% (25.3% of DMG) -- Critical rate: 74.8% (71.6% of DMG) -- Crippling rate: 2.4% (3.1% of DMG)
    --------- Attempts: 1525 -- Hits: 1346 -- Misses: 25 -- Defended: 154 -- Accuracy: 98.2%
    ------ Findictive`s pet:
    --------- Total: 69595 -- Bite: 63580 -- DirDmg: 4000 -- Kick: 2015
    --------- Normal rate: 100% (100% of DMG)
    --------- Attempts: 123 -- Hits: 75 -- Misses: 27 -- Defended: 21 -- Accuracy: 73.5%
    --- DMG to PC: 1340039 @5630dps
    --- Special: G
    Moneyy - also ranger
    --- DMG: 128848182 @ 484392 sdps (486220 dps in 265s) [5.62%]
    ------ Moneyy:
    --------- Total: 128760030 -- Hit: 95818720 -- DirDmg: 21582412 -- DoT: 6118117 -- Pierce: 3797820 -- Slash: 1268317 -- Kick: 174644
    --------- Normal rate: 32.5% (23.5% of DMG) -- Critical rate: 65.4% (70.1% of DMG) -- Crippling rate: 2.1% (6.4% of DMG)
    --------- Attempts: 2032 -- Hits: 1877 -- Misses: 50 -- Defended: 105 -- Accuracy: 97.4%
    ------ Moneyy`s pet:
    --------- Total: 88152 -- Bite: 84281 -- Kick: 2871 -- DirDmg: 1000
    --------- Normal rate: 100% (100% of DMG)
    --------- Attempts: 220 -- Hits: 91 -- Misses: 20 -- Defended: 109 -- Accuracy: 82%
    --- DMG to PC: 1461853 @5688dps

/GU Combined: A Di`Zok warcaster in 266s, 2292717k @8619237sdps --- Findictive(ranger) + pets 137395k@516522sdps (524408dps in 262s) [5.99%] --- Moneyy(ranger) + pets 128848k@484392sdps (486220dps in 265s) [5.62%] --- Ibadan(mage) + pets 117954k@443434sdps (451929dps in 261s) [5.14%] --- Markis(enchanter) 101254k@380653sdps (393983dps in 257s) [4.42%] --- Kilean(wizard) 101042k@379857sdps (382735dps in 264s) [4.41%] --- Plainswalker(ranger) 100609k@378230sdps (384005dps in 262s) [4.39%] --- Sanolan(bard wtf) + pets 98375k@369832sdps (382783dps in 257s) [4.29%

I assume you're going to try to punch holes in the parse and try to cry that our other classes suck blah blah bs. The rangers are just that good and their numbers compared to the other classes is not the point.
    On this particular Queen run the lag was horrendous. We haven't had lag in ROS at all, but when we have done EOK since ROS opened, its been terrible. We didnt get the 80% respawns until 65% and then obviously got double spawns at 60%. I wonder if other guilds have had similar issues with EOK since ROS opened? We had a quicker queen run at 105 with no lag, on the previous parse that you refused to accept when Findictive was flirting with 600k dps.

The reality is that you raid with some of the very best dps players in EQ and now with the nerfs you cant compete. I assume that means that you are not getting stacked dps groups any longer; but its not the class, its your position among exceptional peers of other classes that is putting your perspective into this absurd place.
    If you left Triton and dropped down to any of the 6 - 10 guilds, I think you would see yourself hitting top 5s more often.

You are trying to compare rangers from when they were probably the 2nd most overpowered dps class behind only pre-disconcerting nerf berserkers to what they are now which is a far more balanced position considering all the abundant utility that rangers have that you scoff at in your attempt to continue your agenda that ranger dps is bad.

The other predictable response about "other raiding raiders agree".. where is the pool?
    Did you hand out secret ballots and rangers had to say "rangers are nerfed" or "rangers are fine" and then put the ballot into a magic hat?
    Well yea, of course rangers are nerfed, that should not be the question in the first place.
    The better question is were rangers incredibly overpowered for years, and are they not now in a much more balanced spot?
    The answer of course is yes, to anyone that can take a subjective unbiased view of the class.

Scarlet Cheetah needs fixed.
    Rangers need a mana return ability.
    That is all, end of story.

I am sure we will have 14 more pages of your attempts to persuade everyone that rangers are bad though based on nothing more than your personal dps compared against some hyper elite non-ranger dps players in Triton.
    Belexes and Sancus like this.
  8. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

A new member posting absolutely nothing useful is how with no sig at the very least. I agree, kid, you should either go back to a "tiddlywinks" thread, be useful, or prove yourself a troll. Posters choice.
  9. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Any chance you give up the casting parse for rangers?

I would add some defensive disc stuff to that list as well as making our arrow spells use endurance. That would pretty much sum up everything.
  10. Avory Augur

Why are you still filling threads with stuff you know nothing about. I don't care for 1 second the outdated BS parses you guys post on QUEEN EVENT over and over and over. You don't play a Rangers, you know almost nothing about the class, you simply know your buddy is making a fool of himself and you run in and fall into the giant hole he dug himself into.

How about I go find some light blue mobs and HS them for a accurate parse for you. We don't Raid EoK anymore, I might get 4 million DPS on queen with Headshots as of today but I'll prolly never know because we don't raid EoK at all... Shortly we'll be doing pick-up raids there maybe, but all our alts are fully raid looted from EoK so I don't know why we would.

You do realize that the reasons Rangers parsed so well on the same event you noobz keep posting is because headshot, right? You have a super short event where disc stays up the whole time and you get to HS through the whole thing.

Calling me names then making a ridiculous of yourself is so silly it can hardly be quantified. Your parse is irrelevant, Fintanks outdated parses are irrelevant. Parsing 1 singular event that Rangers happen to do amazing on for no other reason than headshot makes you irrelevant to the discussion.

You brag about Fins DPS like it means something when it's on an event that I have parsed #1 in the past... An event that has a massive, huge un-gawdly advantage to Rangers when it comes to DPS output, thats why you noobs keep posting it... Its not that Fin is one of the great Rangers, he does all the same stuff I do, he simply is in a very weak DPS guild and posts ego parses on an event that the rest of us understand as the way way waaaaay outlier event to parse.

At this point your trolling, and Fin who does not even play a Ranger anymore at this point is Trolling. Fin sounds like a very knowledgeable Ranger from yester-expansion, but he's clearly out of the loop in RoS expansion and post Nerfs. We post parses and people like you and Fin have the ego to act like you know where Rangers should be on parse with a class neither of you play on events neither of you even do. Keep raiding EoK and destroying it lol... Hey soon Rangers will be able to HS bosses there, omg Rangers are so OP!!!!
  11. smash Augur

If i here should say who i believe more it would be Maedhros. Got same sort of numbers on parsings. End of story.
  12. Sancus Augur

This is where you lose all credibility to me. Every experience that doesn't correlate with yours can be explained away. Rangers doing significantly more than you? Top 1%. Rangers doing well in their guilds? That guild (which is #7 serverwide) is simply a very weak DPS guild.

With that in mind, I think there are two issues in this thread. The first is that Rangers do need help, especially with mana regen. The second seems to be something related to the players behind the keyboard, and the Triton ranger circle jerk doesn't help get this point across.

I'll probably get for posting this, but here's our parse for event 3 (posted by a monk):

Combined: A hexbone protector in 706s, 5753212k @8149025 --- #1 + pets 336080k@(485665 in 692s) --- #2 + pets 319575k@(459160 in 696s) --- #3 + pets 291330k@(414410 in 703s) --- #4 + pets 231171k@(334062 in 692s) --- #5 229765k@(338887 in 678s) --- #6 + pets 226308k@(322836 in 701s) --- #7 + pets 224987k@(320952 in 701s) --- #8 204181k@(294633 in 693s) --- #9 202516k@(290137 in 698s) --- #10 Ranger 189939k@(270954 in 701s)

A few notes:

1. Yes, our event 3 is significantly faster, about 315 seconds. That will inflate DPS, but he did more damage in those 701s than your ranger did in 1017. He also had 561 casts in that time frame, vs your ranger's reported 303
    2. We only have two rangers in our flagging raid for tier 3 (not by choice), and as such I see fewer Alliance uses than I presume there would be with more. Part of that might also be that we have melee on the adds, which die relatively quickly, vs casters on the boss (where Alliance can fulminate).
    3. In general our raid compostion is far from ideal, so I'd expect parses across the board to go up once we're no longer so dependent on maintaining the same exact roster
    4. Yes, I'm sure the ranger was, in actuality, significantly higher on his self parse.

It's worth pointing out that the Ranger only did about 57% of the damage of our #1. That's probably a legitimate issue, and I think there's a fair amount of retuning to be done to help certain classes (including Rangers). That said, if you're doing 180k or 140k sustained, there seems like you have a huge amount of room left to grow. I'd be asking for suggestions in a legitimate and productive way instead of acting with animosity towards everyone else. I'm not surprised people don't want to post to help you out.

Also, do you have a beastlord? Your ranger was competing against classes that I presume have full ADPS, not having a beastlord (or a beastlord + bard) is going to skew the numbers a lot...
    Tucoh, Brohg, Belexes and 2 others like this.
  13. Avory Augur

Oreo's parse = 1022 seconds = 17/18 min
    Your parse = 262 seconds 4 min

Oreo's parse = No Headshots
    Your parse = Full of Headshots

Oreo's parse = Current expansion
    You parse = Old expansion

Oreo's parse = 1/5 of time on disc
    Your parse = Whole event on Disc

Oreo's parse = Current with levels, AA's and spells
    Your parse = dated content being murdered to death with the next expansions levels, AA's and spells

How you are able to with a straight face, post your parse and talk down to others no joke made me laff out loud. I don't need to poke holes in you parse, your parse is a black hole of "out of context." Then you try and act smart by claiming "Rangers have a mana issue." Clearly Rangers have a mana issue if you think after just a whole 4 min burn to be near or OOM is bad when current "competitive" content is 15-25 min long events... You must be a joke even inside your own guild dude.
  14. kizant Augur

I thought that post was pretty clear. Lots of classes have mana issues, it's not a ranger specific problem. You need proper ADPS to DPS well and there's really no point in posting parses without it. Although, it is kinda telling that something is missing when you lose to a bard by that much.

That said, I think your main problem may be out of your control. All those numbers seem kinda low so you're probably missing classes or aren't coordinating well enough or waiting too long to click things, etc.
    Belexes and Sancus like this.
  15. Avory Augur

Soooo.. I'm sorry, you say that I lost all credibility, then you agree with me 100%... Super interesting story there brah.

You even pick your own parse apart by at least seeing what I have said, that the ranger is almost half the DPS of your TOP DPS classes, and even as it goes down it's not that much better. Your numbers being higher again mean nothing, a parse will only matter in context to the same person taking that parse. You could pull 4 parse from that same event from different people and some people that were in the top 5 don't even make the top 10 on another.

Anyways, once again, thx for 100% agreeing with me. Rangers DPS is about half of top tier DPS classes, that's BS.

When I started the thread the Trolls claimed Rangers had no issues and were still on the verge of OP. Now we have a "sure, DPS is low" and "mana issue really needs to be looked at." Soooo, pretty much what my whole OP was about, lolz.
  16. Avory Augur

Lots of classes have mana issue, like Rangers????

You know what, don't bother =) rangers are in fact OP, devs don't worry I made a mistake lol. I'm done here, I'll let all the non rangers fix our class for us =)
  17. Sancus Augur

Just because you reached a conclusion that's correct doesn't mean that, as a poster, you have any credibility. Like I said in my first post, if you're going to reach a conclusion, do it with accurate data. You've done nothing but post anecdotal BB-style walls of text for this whole thread.

As far as parses being different, what? Orienn's self parse had him at 180488k damage. This parse from another person had that ranger at 189939k damage in 316 fewer seconds. Do you understand what that means? He out damaged your ranger in less time, and his self parse would assuredly be higher. That means something is missing, and your 120-190k range is wrong.

I expect another dozen walls of text after this post...
    Sheex and gotwar like this.
  18. Piemastaj Augur

You are missing the intent. It took you 335 seconds longer and you did less overall Damage. To put that into more perspective your top DMG dealer on your parse lost out to our top 6 on that parse, while again having a 335 second lead in DMG up time.

The DPS will obviously be different based on the time, the overall DMG should be heavily in your favor seeing as you have a solid 335 second buffer to play with. Your Caster DPS had legit time to do a second burn and have 2 minutes in that second burn.

There will always be variance, but the top 5 will fluctuate very little and it shoudl almost never remove them from a top 10 unless DoT classes get added in manually.
    Belexes likes this.
  19. ShadowMan Augur

Ive got an idea!!! I play in a good guild but dont understand things. I should start 50 threads complaining about ranger dps and mana in the hopes I can get my dps boosted drastically by showing bane damage or raids which have dotters on multiple targets for long duration essentially AE'ing. I should be dpsing right with them because thats what I want as a ranger.

Anyone who doesnt agree I can deflect with newb.
    Belexes likes this.
  20. Avory Augur

I died on that parse, you know the event... I just fell over dead.

You are correct, if someone gets something right, they have no credibility... no no no credibility! In fact all the people who slowly came around to understanding incredibly simple information after it's posted over and over are credible posters. YES! Those that get it wrong are credible and those that had to show them the light are now un-credible!!!! That will make you feel like the genius's you all really are! Lolz.

So again, thx for 100% agreeing with me, glad you could come around. You claimed you had people die on your parse and that it could have artificially pushed you rangers parse (low numbers btw compared to others on parse) up... well I died and that pushed me down, Oreo does not have the bets DPS group and lacked a Bard.

Thx for the parse, it shows pretty much what we have been saying all along, Rangers DPS is very low compared to top end DPS... Hell your Ranger could have been lower on parse if others didn't die like you said.