Live Update Bugs 12/19/17

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Laurana Augur

So this is happening for The Buried Sea tasks too. Just completed Partisan of Tempest Temple, and getting blank reward windows. Looks like the bug is not just for RoF expansion...
  2. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Thanks! That helps.
  3. DCPD158 Elder

Anyone going to comment on this. It has been mentioned a number of times and there are a number of us with the same problem. Did the final hail for the Chapterhouse mercenary quests and now have the same screen. I have a number of other RoF quests to finish, but the last one I did, I got another "tab" added.

Can we get this addressed please?
  4. Kyzvs Augur

Dunno if it's a problem that scales, but my baby SK is 1 point off on the crit message vs the damage message.

Seems to happen reliably as 1pt on every crit - I saw it on crits in the 60's up to 1100. He was 2HS at the time. Obviously negligible to me, but has the potential to be a pita later on?

[IMG]
  5. Qbert Gallifreyan

You likely have between 10 and 19 heroic strength. For every +10 points, your damage goes up +1 and gets displayed the way you have indicated.
    Tucoh and Koryu like this.
  6. Wulfhere Augur

Still broken
  7. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Die in Sathir's Tomb. Get res'd and you will quite often appear in the centre room with the 5 skeletons. Instantly dying of course. VERY annoying.
    Tucoh likes this.
  8. Buzz New Member

This makes no sense. Draught of the Craftsman in the description in the marketplace is " This draught will give a 100% chance to salvage components from failed tradeskill attempts for two hours" . I interpret that as if i fail the combine, i DO NOT lose components. As long as the draught has been available its always done that. If you guys want to change it, fine, I can tell you i will NEVER buy another draught, as there is no point now. So in short... its not working as described, and should be removed from marketplace.
  9. Sindaiann Augur

Yup I read that as a BS response as well, however I've had many people tell me the Draught is working fine for every tradeskills component EXCEPT conflagrant diamonds.

I'd bet it's something that IDs the item as TS items that is messed up and causes conflagrant diamonds (and possibly other TS items assuming others info is wrong) to not be recovered by the Potion.

But hey they up'd the price on the Potion too, because GREED.
  10. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Have the XTar slots been removed from ALT+O => Keys by chance?
    i am sure i was able to set
    KEYMAPPING_TARGET_XTARGET_1_2=1073741906
    and the others through the UI; now i am no longer able to!?
  11. Nekk Augur

{removing false data to stop rumors}
  12. Madame New Member

I would disagree that "it's working as designed, not as interpreted. "
    The Marketplace description says, "This drought will give a 100% chance to salvage components from failed tradeskill attempts for two hours."

The spell description says, "Spell Effect: Increases your chance to salvage tradeskill components by 100%. "

As the description implies, I should salvage everything that is failed. Not 2 out of 3 things, which is only 66.67%. In fact, I noticed that when I failed with 3 conflagrant items, only 2 would be returned. If I failed with 2 items, only 1 would be returned. That is not 100% nor is it even the math that you're suggesting in your post I've quoted above... It sounds like you're saying, "This drought works 100% of the time on items that do not have the same name." That is not what the players are expecting based on your advertisement. This looks like a bug, not "It's working..." and I find your answer to be a little bit of a cop out.

In addition to this, my character has 6/6 Salvage AA, which should have increased my salvage of items above and beyond 100%. Then, let me tack on that my character has 13/13 on all Tradeskill Mastery AA (Smithing Mastery, Pottery Mastery, etc) which reduces my chance to fail by 50%.

There is no possible explanation for why I lost millions of plat and hours and hours of real life time spent farming tradeskill items knowing that I would buy a potion that would 100% guarantee that all items would be returned to me on failure, only to see that this potion did not work as intended, expected, or as advertised. Merely saying that "it's working as designed" is not a proper answer. If it's advertised to salvage 100% of the time, then it should be designed to do that as well.

I'm especially frustrated by this because I had purchased a ton of items from other players - the exact amount that I needed to make each set of gear. And now that money is lost, and I have to either purchase items, or go farm the items over again.
    I've opened a ticket, and said basically the same thing I'm saying here, but I don't think the community should accept your answer for this.
    Vexana_Lanys likes this.
  13. Gendor Journeyman

We need to know if the Salvage fix in this patch is going to address loosing items when using Drought of the Craftsman. there is no answer yet if this has been fixed.

I understand it's working as "intended" but when spending 18 dollars on a potion that is supposed to return ALL materials on failure. I don't care about "intended" I care about getting all my materials back so I can try the combine again.

If this is NOT YET ADDRESSED, please respond so we can plan accordingly.

Thank you
    Gendor
  14. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

I don't interpret Ngreth's response as saying "this is how Draught works, not changing it, move along." I think he was just explaining the mechanics of why he thinks the item is currently functioning as it is.