Can not log into char screen

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Saleenia, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Saleenia Roderick(Slayher)-Dark Aegis .

Keeps saying you have been disconnected. all my accounts say same thing. happened after the servers went down today. any help would be appreciated.
  2. toodlem Elder

I'm getting the same on one machine.. go figure
  3. toodlem Elder

I sent you a private message / coversation. Looks like an xp thing at this point.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Maybe need to redo your permissions in your firewall software?
  5. fatu New Member

Anyone able to share a solution to this? I was trying to create another account, and I would keep getting the disconnected sign after selecting a server. My current account was working fine, up until today. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
  6. Yruc Augur

Have you tried to bypass the launch pad? Have you tried logging in your account from a different computer? Have you tried selecting a different server?
  7. xxGriff Augur

have you tried logging into another server? are you running any 3rd party software for boxing?
  8. spanky003 New Member

can not log win xp machines on to agnarr or phinny servers - they log into live servers fine. was no patch, no patch files in the patch folder on my win 10 machine. win 10 machine logs into agnarr fine. cant just load the win xp machine in alone to agnarr or phinn wiht no other accts running on the other computers either. These people at DBG couldnt program their way out of a wet old paper bag with holes in it.
  9. Xiss Journeyman

Whatever they've done has also stopped me being able to log in to agnarr using my wine installation. Has worked for ages. Can log into live, just not now agnarr where my chars are.
  10. Saleenia Roderick(Slayher)-Dark Aegis .

was lookin at some logs says i failed to open 3 fgr_chr.s3d , fro_chr.s3d and aam_chr.s3d not sure if that reason do know none of those files in my eq folder.
  11. Xiss Journeyman

Ok. Patched on a win 10 box and all working. A couple files updated it seems.
  12. Evantil Drop Bear Spite Golem

Windows XP is not supported anymore by Daybreak.
  13. Xiss Journeyman

Easy to say yet many people play on it still. It may not be supported but we can try to help each other to continue to play on older machines if we can.
  14. Yruc Augur

15. Saleenia Roderick(Slayher)-Dark Aegis .

he has downloads back from nov 17th. 2017 . just trying to figure out what happened the last reset is howit seems. i have a comp with win 7 but i fried prosser my others all win xp pro only because i prefered it. i know i have to change but can not till i buy a new prosser and that isnt easy now. im hoping can figure out if i can i will link what has to be done, not gonna be like some that keep telling you you have to update yer OS i understand alot cant . not everyone can afford .
  16. toodlem Elder

xiss.. i have a 10 machine... what did you do exactly to get the xp machine to work?
  17. xxGriff Augur

my guess would be copy the files listed in the log as updated/replaced to usb and then copy to an XP machine. this just seems like a pita everytime there is a patch, I am interested in how this affected Wine users, and the distro's they use to play, as I was thinking about setting up a test system to try various linux flavors with wine.
  18. Saleenia Roderick(Slayher)-Dark Aegis .

just downloaded the files that people transfered for us win xp users needed oh bypass the actuall patcher .im not good at explaining. im trying to figure out how to get xp to work now not sure if it is possible . trying to build on old school comp and switch hard drives so i can get the win 7 HD to work. just dont have a few the parts im trying then lokin into gettin the xp to work , there asking for files that arnt in my everquest directory so im gonna look on another xp comp to see when i get it fixed seems they may have been earased somehow
  19. xxGriff Augur

windows 7 32/64 bit (8/8.1 and even 10 although 10 can be obtain free still) can be purchased online pretty cheap. legal/valid keys close to 20 bux. not warez or pirated. There are even more options if you are a student and have a valid EDU email. I am not listing or promoting any, I just know they exist.
  20. toodlem Elder

Everything was working on xp with the files I and others uploaded until about Friday after they "Fixed' the server problem. Since then xp users can't get past the char select screen. Awaiting to see if Xiss posts his workaround. I have checked on my win 10machine and found no updated files... we may have to wait on DB next patch...