[Phinigel] -- Warning, DoDH Vule Progression Broken

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Warrior007, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

Master Vule's corpse immediately poofs when you kill him, which does not allow his eyes (crucial progression piece) to be looted. Even though the items appear on the advanced loot, they are not lootable.

In search of a "hidden flag", I tried to zone in and out, and unfortunately, there was nothing lootable. Nothing seems altered in the Misty quest either.

I'd assume this is easily hotfixable, as it's an instance.
  2. Aegir Augur

I looted an eye with my 105 monk a week ago on test. My lockout should be out soon. Can test it again tonight.
  3. Aegir Augur

Just killed him a few minutes ago on test:

[IMG]
  4. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

We did not have this issue in our Vule splits either. Good to know it can happen though.
  5. Moncleared Lorekeeper

Thanks for the report Aegir! It sounds like maybe there is some variation to when/when this does not happen. I spoke with Aegir in game and it doesn't sound like he did anything different than the few teams we tried with.

My expectation is whatever script is cleaning up the gargs after the event picks up Vule's corpse sometimes as well (maybe a race condition).

I'll kill Vule a couple more times between now and Wednesday and keep the results posted here. If anyone else gets a chance take a couple 105s over and kill Vule and see if you can replicate it.

Edit:
    Someone posted a bug report regarding this awhile back
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...2018-new-bugs-only.246391/page-2#post-3620267
  6. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

If this gets hotfixed can we make it so you can zone into Demiplane from pickzones of Dreadspire Keep as well?
    Guzzle likes this.
  7. taliefer Augur

i think they tested this on fippy and got the bug loot there. thats whats really disconcerting as in theory vule should work on Fippy exactly how its going to work on Phinny
  8. Moncleared Lorekeeper

We've tested multiple times on Fippy and Test and have seen the corpse stay (lootable) and corpse poof (non-lootable). I believe our success rate was something like 16% chance we can loot only. I'm leaning more and more towards a race condition with cleaning up gargs in the event and somehow the corpse is caught up in it.
  9. Astral64 Augur

Can confirm.

We just had this happen to us on the test server.

Corpse vanished. Couldn't loot the eyes.
    Moncleared likes this.
  10. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Those will bugged loot... did you kill him super fast with lvl 100+ characters? Or kill him at a more natural rate?
  11. malaki Augur

We were doing it with our regular level 70 characters.
  12. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Kills that theory then. Hotfix please!
  13. Simollardes New Member

we've noticed this too, we tried a bunch of different ideas to try and figure out what caused it and it has bugged out on us if we did it with 70s, 105s, or anything.
  14. Prathun Developer

We believe this is fixed internally. Thanks for letting us know!

I have no additional info about whether or when this change will go Live.
  15. Guzzle Augur

Expansion goes live in 2 days, I would hope some sense of urgency is felt.
  16. Punchis-themonk Elder

@Prathun can you give us some insight on what is causing the issue? If its possible to avoid the bug as the player by some means or another. Thank you.
  17. -wycca Augur

Can pretty much guarantee that 1) Prathun is aware of DoDH launching in 2 days, 2) he's done everything on his end possible to get it live asap (it's probably in the hands of the server/patch guys atm), and 3) he'll post with an update as soon as he finds out himself.
  18. Moncleared Lorekeeper

Prathun - At a minimum I would expect communication to go out prior to Wednesday's launch announcing whether or not the Vule fix is live. A simple post will suffice and will save folks 7 day lockouts. Whether it is you or another representative this should be a bare minimum expectation.

Thanks
  19. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

I'm pretty sure that was communicated. Let me check.

Yep there it is. Glad we could clear that up.
    Frogmancer likes this.
  20. tuttles Augur

understand if the fix it doesnt make it live in time...

but any light you could shed on the mechanic causing the issue, so players could take some preventative actions to avoid its occurrence?
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.