Nec/Sk Dot Revamps

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Nekk, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Nekk Augur

Is this ever going to happen? Devs have had at least two years to do this, yet they never reply to any post about nec dot revamps. Can we at least have some kind of confirmation of a yes or no on this from a dev's standpoint please?
  2. Juzam Djinn Elder

sadly the necro population has become so low that the priority to get this done is way on the back burner and has been. Maybe someday who knows /shrug. ( when I say the population I am referring to people that main a Necro not a box
  3. Jaylin Augur

Well eok beta they said after launch they would start working on it again. So most likely in 2019 to never. I'll be surprised if they do it. I look at patch every month and am never surprised it isn't done yet
    Vexana_Lanys likes this.
  4. ---Xislaben--- Augur

It's still on the board of things to do.
  5. Spellfire Augur

When?
  6. Slippry Augur

Can't revamp necro spells right now, have to think of spell names for the next expansion.
  7. Brohg Augur

Was this in personal communication with you? No message like that ever appeared on the forums
  8. Zalamyr Augur

I feel like they really needed to do more of a spell revamp during RoS beta. Consolidation doesn't fix all that much. Necros will still have like 15 modern DoT lines, not counting swifts.
  9. ~Mills~ Augur

Yes Aristo posted in October 2016 in the EoK beta forums that as soon as he finished up EoK spells he was going to then finish up the dot revamps. Its been over a year since that and almost a full two years since the "this will occur over the next few months" original comment.
  10. Frogmancer Augur

11. Brohg Augur

Ah yes, I misread as well. In EoK beta that was said not RoS. Carry on!
    Jaylin likes this.
  12. Jaylin Augur

I'm not totally crazy! Lol
  13. ---Xislaben--- Augur

I can predict everything except the future ;)
    fransisco likes this.
  14. Spellfire Augur

And here I was hoping you can predict the future of priest dots!
  15. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

Together with this revamp (if they ever do it), they should double the amount of debug slots on all mobs. (If thats even enough, as now several revamp classes dot due to the revamps where they didn’t bother before.)

Here is to hoping!
  16. Fohpo Augur

Looking forward to changes and would love to have an idea of when they are expected, but given all the bugs and other problems being brought to their attention - I have little hope of seeing this anytime soon.
  17. Ibudin Augur

You know I was looking forward to some change to our dots, but something tells me they would screw it all up. At least now, I know what I can do with my current spell line up. Playing a necro since 2000, and raiding just about every expansion that hascome out since POP, there isn't anything wrong with the necro class. Playing the class to the point of beating almost all if not all other raiders on a given night, takes some skill. If they give us a few powerful dots to cast, and anyone stepping into the game can play a necro, then I'd probably find something else to do.
    Juzam Djinn likes this.
  18. Juzam Djinn Elder

/Agree 1000% but would like a few QOL changes that may trickle down to necros on tlp's
  19. Moege Augur

One more patch cycle before I begin collecting on bets that Necro's will not see a dot revamp. Going to be amusing when I start collecting.
  20. fransisco Augur

Thats gotta be the worst bet to win :(