2018 anniversary and HH

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bobsmith, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Bobsmith Augur

Are there going to be new events for this year's anniversary time? A new raid maybe? I think revamped seb was great. Any hints? Maybe a new raid by Absor to enrage the masses. :-0
    Metanis likes this.
  2. Mazame Augur

For the 2018 anniversary we will be revamping the old anniversary so that they will now scale with your level. Rewards will be left un-changed. This will give Higher level player better XP for going back and trying to complete them. With the added level the NPC will get new skills so make sure you have a fully ROS raid geared with Max aa's group before attempting them.
    Karthanon, Mordeen, Slippry and 5 others like this.
  3. gotwar Gotcharms

A new raid would be great! But while I'm here... please, no arbitrary health-locking mechanics.

I'm all for difficulty and stuffs, but those time-based health locks are just the definition of un-fun for me and most of the raiders I know. Sitting around waiting for things to happen is the worst.

Give the NPC billions of hitpoints, throw waves of adds at us, make the healers explode when they look in the wrong direction, but please, ditch the time-based HP locks!

And also give us items that will be relevant for more than one expansion :D

The 17th Anniversary Priest/Caster Shield of the Dark Scholar is a great example of an item I'll be using until the end of time.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Critts Augur

Give us what everyone secretly wants a tank and spank that drops a few good augments.
    Slippry, Maedhros, Yinla and 2 others like this.
  5. Tucoh Augur

My anniversary event wishlist:
    1. HH Karnor's castle + HH City of Mist.
    2. Content is one tier harder than T2 RoS
    3. Loot tables are same as T2 RoS with some utility / flavor items like HH Seb had.
    4. Completing Hunter in both zones gives a type 3 aug with respectable stats.

From a player's perspective it sounds easy to make, would be fun to do and would be worth doing to groupers/raiders.
  6. Aurastrider Augur

I would be happy with something that an average group can do that is worth repeating in terms of both rewards and game play. I don't know that going the raiding direction again really is for the masses but more for the raiders. When they did this a couple years ago it was the most disappointing anniversary year I can recall. Well there was a drunk race you could do with a new level 1 toon. Not objecting to a new raid but there should also be something for standard groupers I hope.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Yinla and Tatanka like this.
  7. Cleaver Augur

I'm not a fan of them spending resources on content that is only available for a few months a year.
  8. Bobsmith Augur

Maybe they could make the dulak pirates raid permanent, like pow. Give people a chance to get the augs from there while they are still viable.
  9. Febb Augur

From the last producer letter, they are working on content for the anniversary.
  10. ~Mills~ Augur

I would love for dot revamps for all the finally be finished before this all happens, since its been 2 years now.
  11. Tiggold Augur

I would give it all up for Berserker Track!
    eepok likes this.
  12. Tucoh Augur

New Berserker AA: Blood Scent: Allows tracking of all creatures and players in zone that are at sub 100% health.
    Tiggold likes this.
  13. Tiggold Augur

As long as everything walks around at 99% health that would kick-butt! Very neat idea btw.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Gnome Mountain!
    Heard a lot about this zone back in CotF, would be nice to finally go there, or the final portal in Shards landing actually going somewhere or other zones that were dropped before release of an expansion.

It would be nice if it was a zone that stuck around after the anniversary like Plane of War, with both group and raid content.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Sancus like this.
  15. IblisTheMage Augur

Sort of agree. I don’t believe in unavailing content, that is so 2010 and unNetflixy. Any piece of good content is an opportunity to get a customer (returner). Making classic content with recognition factor level relevant seems like a no brainer and a low hanging fruit.
  16. Syylke_EMarr Augur

I really want HH Karnor's
  17. segap Augur

Yuck. Horrible, boring zone. It's where the people that couldn't handle Seb or HS went to slum it. The main reason for all the famous trains is that it was the zone where all the people that sucked were, and hence the problem with trains.
  18. Act of Valor The Newest Member

In my opinion, the problem with trains is what made Karnor's not a boring zone.
    Tatanka likes this.
  19. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I do wish they'd go ahead and leave all HH stuff up year round as instances so the original zones are still available for those that want and need access to them and the HH zones are available for those that want and need access to them.

At this point in EQ's life cycle I think it's best to have more content available all the time instead of some temporary stuff that we have to wait for and that only lasts 2 weeks or so. Most of your player base is not 20 years old with no obligations and a metric ton of free time, stamina and patience anymore.

Couple that with all the other options available either cheap or free and that can be done in a short time whether that's another MMO, another PC game, a mobile game, a console game, or just streaming media and you can see there are so many other things to take our time and money away from EQ in this modern day and age of instant gratification.

Just my two cents....
    Syylke_EMarr, fransisco and Ruven_BB like this.
  20. Bobsmith Augur

This would be nice as well.