Live Update Bugs 01/17/18

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jan 17, 2018.

1. fransisco Augur

In howling stones at least (not sure about other zones), the golems are not flagged as summoned/constuct - the mage turn summoned AA doesn't work on them
  2. Vexana_Lanys Lorekeeper

They are absolutely working as they should be.

Using your own source (eqresource)
    It's never going to cast the highest rank of a spell you don't even have yet due to levels. Base spells learned first, then you level and get the nifty combo one. You're wanting your level 103 and 104 combo spells to cast level 106, 108, 109, and 110 spells. That's just silly. That's like npcs casting spells beyond their levels and expansio.. wait. Yea let's give the shammy what the npcs have.

Please pardon my snark. No offense is ever intended
  3. niente Developer

Thanks for the report. This is fixed internally.
    This string was very handy to designers, as it was just two empty variables next to each other. It got used for a lot of non-bard things, then I changed it to bard things. Then bard words happened on the not-bard things (like chocolate), and it made me sad.
    Tucoh, Sheex, Prathun and 2 others like this.
  4. niente Developer

This is fixed internally, thanks for the report.

If you can't wait, and want to fix this yourself, edit the following in EQUI_FindItemWnd.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="us-ascii"?>
    <XML ID="EQInterfaceDefinitionLanguage">
    <Schema xmlns="EverQuestData" xmlns:dt="EverQuestDataTypes" />
    <Label item="FIW_ItemNameLabel">
    <ScreenID>FIW_ItemNameLabel</ScreenID>
    <AutoStretch>true</AutoStretch>
    <TopAnchorOffset>5</TopAnchorOffset>
    <BottomAnchorOffset>20</BottomAnchorOffset>
    <LeftAnchorOffset>5</LeftAnchorOffset>
    <RightAnchorOffset>135</RightAnchorOffset>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="us-ascii"?>
    <XML ID="EQInterfaceDefinitionLanguage">
    <Schema xmlns="EverQuestData" xmlns:dt="EverQuestDataTypes" />
    <Label item="FIW_ItemNameLabel">
    <ScreenID>FIW_ItemNameLabel</ScreenID>
    <AutoStretch>true</AutoStretch>
    <TopAnchorOffset>5</TopAnchorOffset>
    <BottomAnchorOffset>20</BottomAnchorOffset>
    <LeftAnchorOffset>5</LeftAnchorOffset>
    <RightAnchorOffset>85</RightAnchorOffset>
    klanderso likes this.
  5. Stephsanity Augur

Cleric BP click and 3rd spire of Divinity is overwriting each other is this intended or can you fix thx
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

or for those of us who are not savvy enough to go messing around in files :D you can backspace the name out then hit find items again and it lists all of them and you can then do a search again. I had thought this was normal:eek:
  7. SirLord Journeyman

/target distance seems to be affected since the last patch. I can't /target people on the other side of a raid to cast buffs on them. Can this be looked at?
  8. Darchon_Xegony Augur

So about these Overthere trash abilities:

Cactus:

[45476] Irritating Spines
    Target: Single
    Range: 1200'
    Resist: Unresistable
    Reflectable: No
    Focusable: No
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 36s (6 ticks), Dispelable: No
    1: Decrease Current HP by 57777 per tick
    2: Decrease Current Mana v2 by 2000 per tick
    3: Cap HP at 90%
    4: Cap Mana at 90%
    Text: Irritating Spines

Cockatrice:

[49912] Cockatrice Skin
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Duration: 6h+ (3600 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Absorb Damage: 100%, Total: 250000
    2: Increase Damage Shield by 1750
    This stony skin is sharp!

[49967] Cockatrice Stare
    Range: 600'
    Resist: Lowest -1000
    1: Stun for 2s
    Text: You are frozen in stone.

Cliff Golem:

[45505] Deafening Slap
    Target: Directional AE (270 to 90 Degrees)
    Range: 1000', AE Range: 125'
    Resist: Average -875, Min Resist Chance: 5%, Max Resist Chance: 15%
    Duration: 18s (3 ticks), Dispelable: No
    1: Decrease Current HP by 130130
    2: Inhibit Spell Casting
    Text: A shockwave deafens you.

Sabertooth:

[45478] Rake
    Resist: Unresistable
    Duration: 30s (5 ticks), Dispelable: No
    1: Decrease Current HP by 99999
    2: Decrease Movement Speed by 35%
    Text: The cat rakes you across the legs.

Rhino:

[49983] Ten Ten
    Range: 120'
    Resist: Lowest -1000
    Push: 7' Up: 2'
    1: Decrease Current HP by 76923
    Text: You are trampled.

Scorpikis:

[45475] Deadly Sting
    Resist: Poison -850, Min Resist Chance: 10%, Max Resist Chance: 20%
    Duration: 24s (4 ticks), Dispelable: No
    1: Decrease Current HP by 78788 per tick
    2: Decrease Movement Speed by 30%

Sarnak Traps:

[45360] Clenched Jaws
    Resist: Physical -900, Min Resist Chance: 2.5%, Max Resist Chance: 10%
    Duration: 24s (4 ticks), Dispelable: No
    1: Decrease Current HP by 60000
    2: Root
    Text: Magic reflects from the plaguebone onto you.

----------

So firstly, it's surprising how many of these are unresistable (Cactus and Saberooth), which apparently go through Invulernability abilities. Beyond that how many are -1000 checks in an entry level zone. They should all be -850 maximum checks so that players in appropriate levels and AAs have some chance to Resist.

Beyond this, none of them seem to be curable through standard means. Radiant Cure and Purified Spirits have failed to cure the Cactus DoT, Sabertooth Snare and Sarnak Trap Root. These AA abilities with "Remove Detrimental" typically remove all standard debuffs with high success rate. In fact they're another factor that should set PC Priests apart from Mercenaries who lack such abilities. But so far in RoS I've not been able to remove a single detrimental with these AAs (granted I've only been to the two T1 zones so far).

I'd ask the developers to review flagging these abilities all -850 Resist checks, removing unresistable flag from them. Also look into letting these abilities be removed from Radiant Cure and other "Remove Detrimental" AAs.
  9. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Some adjustments are being made to these, not necessarily all of the changes you desire. The main change is that many will be altered so they do not ignore immunities. I have no comment about the other mentioned changes.
    Fanra likes this.
  10. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Sounds good. I do hope they will be curable with remove detrimental abilities at least though.

Having to sit and eat a 40k/tick DoT or a snare when your class has 2 different Cure abilities is unfortunate. That's sort of the purpose of those abilities, to remove detrimentals quickly and mitigate their impact. Especially since this is one slight benefit in grouping with a human Priest over a merc.

I understand certain debuffs not being curable with Remove Detrimental AAs like raid event DT triggers for a mob like Vishimtar where you must complete some other mechanic to cure it. But regular trash mob debuffs shouldn't fall into this category.
    elumxe and Spellfire like this.
  11. Ngreth Thergn Developer

The best I can say on that is that it is something under consideration, but not something where a decision has been made. There is a circular argument happening. Why would an NPC bother to cast a spell if they knew that player would just get rid of it immediately with the counter, why give an ability to players to not be used, with a counter that those abilities are way too available now in items and such, with the argument that we should make things that use those abilities... But why would an NPC bother casting it then!... etc...
    In short. It is something under consideration. We *DO* understand the arguments from both sides. You don't have to repeat them here. A decision is not yet made either way. Research is being done into what players have, what responsiveness level is there to those abilities, what items are readily available, recasts, consumability, etc. Then decisions will be made. I have no ETA.
  12. Metanis Bad Company

Raid mobs in Sathir's Tomb also hit right through cleric DA. Going to have to change all those spell descriptions to remove the word "invulnerability" since the definition is no longer valid. Or we can debate what the meaning of the word "is" is...
    Yinla likes this.
  13. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Well, we have this new AA that increases corruption resist as well as gear with a bit of corruption resist. It is currently the only resist that isn't overly inflated(nor capped). Why not let corruption resist matter for RoS-encounters? :)
  14. niente Developer

This is fixed internally
    Fanra likes this.
  15. Wulfhere Augur

Let me add more good for thought. It's about fun game design Ngreth.

It's fun to have a variety of gameplay, of having multiple different ways to beat an NPC or encounter. Curing is one of those ways. Remove that and you remove fun from the game. You remove the challenge of being able to cure dots and debuffs. The corollary is that you are teaching your players to "just power through" with healing and DPS. Keep dumbing down the game and player strategies will narrow down to match. It will also become more simple and boring. Boring is not good for business.

This trend of removing abilities from gameplay is not restricted to cures either. Look at what you have done with tanking. NPC strikethu parry, dodge, riposte, and block. They hardly even miss. All these character skills have been neutered to the point of uselessness on raids (and Named and certain zones). We still beat those raids with healing and activated abilities and sheer DPS. So what?

It is NOT fun to build a character whose's abilities and gear end up being useless and pointless. It's not fun to be restricted in how we can play and beat an event or NPC, relative the to abilities we can bring to the fight. Remove the fun factor and it's not a game worth playing anymore. Making fights faster and twitchier isn't fun (for me) either. I don't want to spam heals while not blinking at someone's hitpoint bar lest they die. I want to watch the battle and see it unfold and have time to make decisions on what to do next for the fun of it.

Please find the time, the creativity, the motivation to make the game fun again.
    Slippry likes this.
  16. Zhaunil_AB Augur

There's a rather quick way to break this "argument cycle":
    Most of these are animals (or animated things like golems), not even thinking beings. They use what they have because it's their nature to. Same with elementals - they use what they have even though their DS will be reversed at first chance too. Dwarves have overcome nature through magic and can counter stupid animal abilities...
    Why give out a HoT with a cure component if it cures.. nothing?
    And why bother with greater words? just to bother us on raids with situations where the cures are actually detrimental and we have to go back to the non-curing word?

And:
    I've done a lot of killing in the original Kunark.
    Where did these creatures learn these abilities in the first place? a gene-lab?
  17. Spellfire Augur

I don't have a problem with some harsh abilities being used in raid events, but for trash mobs it's overkill.
  18. Khat_Nip Meow

The Tribute Master offers 16410 tribute for the Transiting Worker Sledgemallet that is summoned by clicking Hoarded Worker Sledgemallet.
    This doesn't seem intended for a temporary item that can be summoned every 6 minutes.
    Zhaunil_AB, svann and Metanis like this.
  19. Paladin Augur

This is good to hear. My thoughts on the seeming new trend of unresistable and uncureable DoT's were that it was a very bad thing and suspected it was primarily an easy button option for Devs.

I saw visions of player resists and cures becoming obsolete and a 100% overall negative and detrimental thing for Everquest, game play and the players.
  20. Paladin Augur

Cytoxic Wounds (Necro spell) reads:
    Inflicts necrotizing wounds on your target, adding 20 curse counters and causing up to 2387 damage every six seconds for 0:01:36. If the wounds are not cured, they will multiply and deal 0 damage every six seconds for 0:00:00.
    Zero damage for 0 seconds?