Are ALL Heroic Adventures Affected by the Recent Change?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by minimind, Jan 21, 2018.

1. minimind The Village Idiot

First, thank you massively for the video. Second, the wife's zerk hit 102 tonight. We're on our way!
  2. Scorrpio Augur

No, they were not. Unless of course you tuned them down at that time. I can tell you from first-hand experience that as my 2-box team levelled thtough 101-104, CotF HAs became progressively easier. That is for someone back from long hiatus: autogrant AA, a hodge-podge of T1 RoF, Latent Etheric and Castaway.

Sure, those HA mobs gained some extra levels, but their power curve was definitely behind players'. That is, lvl 104s had it easier than lvl 100s. At least that is what I observed going through those levels.
  3. Millianna Augur

There was an actual buff in HPs around TDS and average hit also goes up. However, the current buff is ridiculous - 5 year old content shouldn’t require max AA t2 group gear to complete in an acceptable time frame.
    Gyurika Godofwar, xeveq and Wizlard like this.
  4. Bigstomp Augur

Agreed. But it should also give 5 year old xp.
    UncleUms likes this.
  5. Wizlard Augur

It scales.
  6. Millianna Augur

My rogue was getting 1.5% per Gribbles HA without using a lesson at 110. If you consider the lock out, the exp is horrible compared to RoS. How much lower can it go? Nerfing the exp isn’t going to fix anything.
    Gyurika Godofwar, UncleUms and xeveq like this.
  7. Bigstomp Augur

I haven't done them. I don't do gribbles. it was a generic comment.
  8. Vallistar New Member

I am genuinely curious Prathun. What was the thinking behind increasing HA difficulty? Seeing the recent aftermath of the changes do you feel the team communicated the changes properly?
    Last question are there any plans to make it easier for characters to backflag old expansions or to change it so people can get the achievement AAs in an easier fashion?
  9. Millianna Augur

The exp curve is broken 106+. The majority of required exp is at 109 through 110. Gribbles provides a decent amount of exp below 109, but anyone saying that can’t do better in RoS with halfway capable group isn’t being honest. The only real benefits from Gribbles is that it’s molo friendly and you actually get enough cash loot to pay for mercs and pocket some as well. RoS throttles cash loots worse than TBM.
    Gyurika Godofwar and xeveq like this.
  10. Horyuken Augur

I have a question for everyone upset with the change, if they changed things back to how they where or close to it, but a gimbles only gave 5 aa per run or 1% exp would you all be fine with it? I feel like the only complaint here is that people can't romp stomp old content.

Would a compromise be to make the EXP so bad only people would do them for old achievements?
    Yinla likes this.
  11. oldandnasty Augur

I, for one, would be fine with reduced XP, I think your example of 1% is a little low but at least the content would be doable for my situation. I would be fine if they beefed Mercenaries to be able to handle the content as is. I don't really mind stuff being difficult but a J5 Tank/Healer should be able to handle a couple white/yellow con mobs without exploding.
    Fanra likes this.
  12. smash Augur

For some this would be ok, as they wanna go back and do old acievement.

For many it would not do because they not able to handle new expansions but they still have to gain xp so this would ruin their game and at same time why should the ha not give same xp for a mob which they would get in same expansion outside ha.
    Gyurika Godofwar and oldandnasty like this.
  13. BlackVZ Lorekeeper

I dont see what the big deal is about aa, I am sure there are characters who did not take advantage of things like gribbles, ranger headshot, shadowknights swarming (pre nerfs), but alot did. This game is old and so what if you get 100 aa a day doing gribbles. Is it going to make or break things, most people who do them do them for alts anyways and its a way to try to catch up. I 3 box and dont have time to commit to groups about 99 percent of the time. So a few times a week it was nice to log in and just do progression and a 45 minute DH HA run. I could get a couple hundred aa's a week and pick up some old hero's resolution/fortitude. I dont see how it ruins anyones game play how it was.
  14. Slippry Augur

They severely dislike players using older content after level cap increases. When the last level cap expansion came out, they added an exp penalty to older expansions, on top of the normal exp decay. The forum outcry on that was even worse than this, and we were told to go self fornicate for months.

The tiny new expansions don't have replacements for the content being forced into obsolescence, because someone loves making zones hateful and obnoxious towards low end groups/soloers.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  15. Jetslam Augur

Because the difficulty of the mobs isn't the same in the old scaled HA versus the non-HA version. If the base HP of COTF mobs was 2m hp(just using example numbers) and they scaled them to increase 10% per level, that's only a 100% increase at 110 to 3m HP. Similar thing would apply for mob damage.

The thing is that ROS mobs aren't 100% harder than COTF mobs, so the scaling wasn't in line with what the devs thought it should be and thus this change. RoS mobs have in some cases upwards of 15m+ hp. That's a 700% increase in mob HP and of course damage is greatly increased too. So in their attempt at fixing things, they made "old" 110 mobs be identical to "new" 110 mobs and overshot what people were used to.

Someone logging in just doing gribbles every night didn't really deal with some of the more advanced mechanics that have been introduced by later expansions.

My hunch is that the goal here was to decrease the XP rate for the HA by making them harder and slowing the rate they could be done. The side effect of course is that people going back doing older missions/HAs are also encountering these mobs in situations where the power they are now wasn't really intended when the event mechanics were set up and it's causing problems.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I think you hit the nail on the head with this. HAs were designed for 2/3 players and mercs, during TBM and EOK the HAs got easier and could be done with less, as with no level increase the HAs got easier and easier every expansion.

It seems in the retune that the devs forgot that HAs were aimed at 2/3 players and mercs and the difficulty is now aimed at a full group of level 110 players.
  17. CrazyLarth Augur

maybe add some type of zone wide Debuff on all mobs in these HA's
    or zone wide Buff the toons and mercs as a short term fix.
  18. Espiritun Augur

Does the loot scale as well?
  19. Tanols Augur

/wave Lilbraen long time no see bud :) pop into serverwide zerker channel and say hello sometime would ya !! lol
    eepok likes this.
  20. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Except this didn't happen at launch this time.