Re-tuned HAs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Galien, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tornicade_IV Augur

outlier? We have 2 out of 5 expansion s centered around HA's
    TDS only had 6 HA's and relies on group missions that can be outleveled..Cotf scaled to 105 making it viable HA content to work while progressing through TDS
    TBM static content was specifically for 105. Ha's allowed content for everyone and was basically was progression from the has in COTF.
    EOK was intended specifically for level 105 coming off the heels of TBM the HA's were familiar allowing lower level players to get familiar with zone.

There seems to be a definite pattern.
    Level increase Expansion- Rain of Fear
    HA reliant expansion -COTF
    Level Increase Expansion - TDS
    Ha reliant Expansion- TBM
    Max Level Expansion(New Wrinkle) -EOK
    now the Devs had to decide between another HA expansion or a level increase expansion
    Level Increase Expansion -ROS

So the next expansion should be another HA Style expansion or a level increasing expansion.

They tried this before with OOW then DON

so I wouldn't consider TBM as an outlier.

COTF ha's are required to get that Zones Hero AA's AA's are always a part of progression.
  2. Millianna Augur

This highlights that there’s something fundamentally wrong with RoS. There have been some bad expansion, but this is the first time in years that I see people do whatever ot takes to avoid RoS for as long as they can.
  3. Themisto New Member

If its scaled to be that difficult at 106+ it should reward for that (more Exp and eok/ros group currency)
  4. Tornicade_IV Augur

I came back in October so I just got the EOK expansion. I wanted to hold off initially on ROS because I just purchased an expansion.

ROs sounds like a challenge when I get to 110 with 25-30k AA. right now I only have 15k AA so I have a long ways to go

The only tier 1 COTF ha I hadn't done was Descending Tower. and it has been very vexing since the patch.

I also only need one mission Defending the Faith in TBM( couple missions I had to get a ringer for like The Handmaiden) to get access to the Crypt HA's which I knew I would need to prep up for. I am halfway through TDS as far as unlocking the zones. so I had plenty to do before moving into EOK.

Now it seems unless get a full group within 5 level below me I am stuck to static content progression.. Not even sure I ll be able to tank TBM static content at 105 with all the mobs casting ROS spells.

Ive had a lot of fun since I returned to the game in October. That will quickly go away if I have to grind XP and AA on the the same five mobs over and over( I prefer to do that when I am camping something specific like the war machine hammer)
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Strumph like this.
  5. 22wplkj Lorekeeper

Can anyone think of something good and positive about this change? Something that you like about it? What was the point?
    cowboy5 likes this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If the devs are not going to correct their overtuning, can they please move all the collectables (ground spawns & drops), names and progression to open zones so they can be completed at the difficulty they were introduced to the game.
    Caell and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

They need to make HA's like ldon's were u can do a normal or hard mode then everything should be ok.

Andarriel
    Strumph likes this.
  8. Qazwsx New Member

Respectfully, they need to back the patch all the way out and leave the HA and old content alone. Dev's you do not like people using the older HAs for the measly exp, fine. Have the stuff stop scaling at 105, then the mobs should be what blue/lt blue to 110. Who gives a FF about old content?

It the real reason that the RoS expansion is not as wonderful as you thought the players would think it was and you felt you had to "encourage" people to go there? the only place you are encouraging people to go is away from this game.
    Caell, cowboy5, Strumph and 4 others like this.
  9. High Voltage Augur

Scaling by level makes no sense. So much power comes from AA nowadays.
    Caell, DruidCT and xeveq like this.
  10. High Voltage Augur

It was reported several times that named mobs in HAs did not scale down properly/not at all. You absolutely had to know the "scaling system" is somehow broken. Oc you coose to /ignore the issue.
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Toomba Elder

22wplkj you handle is easily pronounced, i accept the challenge of positivity on this issue.

Im max aa, all raid gear, augs etc n stuff. I think for players in the same boat all this is very positive, we get to laugh a lot as we see casuals log off when normally they would play all day.

We giggle and lol so hard that some raider convinced absor to do this garbage.

Yea its true that my toon could plow all content before, and as a raider maybe i should be able to anyway.

I loved it, i would make friends with people who needed help with stuff and be able to help them, Absor free’d up my schedule and playtime significantly.
  12. HeatherPurrs Augur

The devs might want to act soon, very soon, my guild which usually has 25-50 110's on at night have frigging twelve people playing last night. What a disaster. Someone better get fired over this.

Do you devs not realize that these people are gone if not for months maybe forever?
  13. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Even before they retuned the HA's, I found them pretty hard, some of the pulls requires you to handle 3 unrootable yellows at the same time(Neriak and Cooper DH comes to mind), this isn't just about Gribbles and easy XP.

The ability to realistically molo old expansions should be a right you earn be out-leveling them imho. :)
    Caell, Strumph, Yinla and 2 others like this.
  14. Vdidar Augur

I’m not sure why the elitists get so mad at people and berate them for being upset that the way those people play gets taken away. The player base is very diverse so let them play. It’s not hurting you.
  15. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Yes there is. Not just one thing though.
    And the changes we see are, from where i stand, intended to make these shortcomings less.. visible by not changing them, but every else around.

Perhaps you haven't been around long enough then.
    While overall TSS was NOT a "bad expansion", people at lower levels avoided it at all costs too.
    Simply because - for level 40 or so - the new snakes in Mesa were far too deadly with their poison (and kick ;) ).
    Or look back to OoW - we were wiped so badly initially (as group-geared players or with some raidgear from 3-5years past from open raids), that we stayed out of there too for a long time. (No need to mention GoD in this context, or SoF)

It's "natural" for at least ALL those expansions that give new levels.
    Mobs hit harder, and max-geared groupers (wearing all slots in max tier of the previous expansion) and even raiders (all slots in previous expansion's gear) have issues initially here and there.
    Heck, even at the start of EoK i saw my guildmates wipe initially at the ambush steps until they found out that it's perhaps not the best judgement call to trigger all 6people's ambushes at the same time, even though that didn't give new levels just more "power".
    In the case of expansions that give new levels, the root of the issue is that basically EVERYONE in beta (at least when i still did betas) was in a full suit of the NEW raidgear for the "tuning".
    Especially in SoD, the last beta i did, i saw hardly anyone beta in "normal" group gear the characters actually had. It was therefore no surprise to me that encounters that today look trivial, like some beetle in Dragonscale (or DSH), was chain-wiping people and that people - after an initial peek - decided to go back to whatever expansion they felt comfortable with (usually LP in SoF or lower zones for group-geared ppl then).

It's like electricity: The current looks for the way with the least resistance.
    Eventually though, we were all "comfortable" in the new levels and zones, but never initially.
    The difference to today is that back then we didn't have HA's back then people could fall back to; they all went to some static zone instead.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  16. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Honestly, i agree.
    Not just coin, but first and foremost the loot.

But the experience... you see.. that is - as i see it - the root of all this.
    Because Experience in RoS is BAD, based on the difficulty and what we had in EoK at 105.
    To "make up for that", they reduced XP in EoK too.
    And now they're "putting a plug" into other sources of viable or even quick XP.
    All by "intent" and only to make a expansion longer then it should (since it cannot have originally been more than a half-year's add-on to EoK).
    Curing of a symptom...
    Caell and oldandnasty like this.
  17. oldandnasty Augur

As is, its saving me money. 35 bucks for the for the 3rd expansion I budgeted for. A third all-access (3 month) account at $40. Not to mention the $15 cost of rotating monthly through several silver accounts to update AAs.

Sorry, but that is the positive for me so far. Would I love to spend the money and stick around, yes. Will I? Not as the product currently stands. If I can't box and progress, its not worth it. Will I come back should things change, of course, unless I find something better to do in the meantime. I may just take the money and buy the MLB package when the season starts.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Strumph like this.
  18. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I'm confused? RoS EXP is bad? I get around 2-3 AAs per kill or 4-5 AAs with Lessons on and about 1-2% EXP in 106 with lesson on. It's about 30-40% or 100 AA lessons. Were HAs before this change much better EXP? I thought the RoS EXP was pretty good. But I really hadn't played much beyond RoF so I have no idea.
    dedab3 likes this.
  19. Sissruukk Rogue One

Perhaps it will get people out to explore the game more instead of sitting around for half an hour doing "LFG DHHA!", running it for 10 minutes, then sitting around for a couple of hours in guild hall waiting for timer to reset, then spamming "LFG DHHA!" again, with that being the extent of their EQ experience.
  20. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I really don't run many HA's, because I'm a Monk and I just can't tank anything where there are multi-pulls or difficult named mobs. Before the patch I could at least join a friend and run an HA here and there. Mostly it was running the daily bonus HA, popping lesson, and then finishing it out in EoK. I only upgraded this toon to Heroic last April, and spent the time since then getting 105 and any AAs and gear I could. Much of my time at 105 when solo has been in TDS, because Katta Castrum Deluge and Tempest Temple were the hardest content I could take with a merc.

Now I'm 108, and can molo the goblins in FM, so that is where I spend my solo time. I have all T1 EoK group gear, with a T2 helm. I've only been to RoS to buy discs. My usual group-mates and I have been working EoK progression since before RoS came out and we're nearly done. Once we all have T2 armor we'll move to RoS. That is why we aren't there now, it has nothing to do with HAs.

On the HA side of things, one of my group-mates is already talking unsubbing because he can't box old progression when the rest of us aren't around. If something isn't done about this change I think I will end up in the same place eventually. I can only solo for AAs for so long before burning out. Working on progression is a nice change of pace, but I'm essentially stuck at this point. Can't progress in CotF, TDS, or TBM at this point without a solid group. Could go back to do older progression, but I don't really need to be subbed for that, might not even need a merc at all.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.