RoS DPS Rankings

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Trotts, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

And here the come. Right on time.

[IMG]
    Wizlard and Seldom like this.
  2. Lisard Silly

im not hating, just saying =P....i play a monk so im use to being the red headed child step child of EQ...
  3. Derka Power Ranger

Rangers still have decent burst for the group game. Probaby looking at 30 mil in 75 seconds without support and self only burns. Our sustained definitely took a hit though.
  4. Slippry Augur

I'm surprised this thread managed to make it more than one post before getting crapped up. It's all downhill from here.
  5. kizant Augur

To be honest, a lot of you all need some nerfs. It's sad that we live in a world where getting hit with an Ice Comet is not the pinnacle of dps.
  6. Cleaver Augur

totally agree. Every class has that argument. Dots on some of the revamped dot classes are extremely over powered atm though.
    mmats likes this.
  7. menown Augur

Lol, Necros being called kings in group content. The difference between necros and any other DoT DPS class is the amount of DoTs it takes to ramp up damage. It takes like 15+ necro DoTs to equal the 2 best druid DoTs atm. I run a 20 DoT lineup. This spellweave limits what I can do to actually help raids win.
  8. Zalamyr Augur

I feel like they screwed up their math somewhere on the RoS versions of the consolidated DoTs. It's like they re-consolidated the already consolidated DoTs. Basically every dps spell was upgraded like 21%, but for some reason the consolidated DoTs (which were already good) got 65% upgrades.
    Sancus likes this.
  9. Millianna Augur

They don’t play their own game, so they typically don’t know until someone post a video of it.
    Slippry likes this.
  10. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

11. mmats Augur

YFW you return to EQ to find that priests and crowd control are topping the dps charts...

[IMG]
  12. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

I believe the technical term is Nature Wizard
  13. ClassBalance New Member

Allow me to break the ice a smidgen.

There are two classes in particular that are incredibly overpowered for their intended functions versus what they actually are doing DPS wise. Those two classes in order are: Druids, Enchanters.

Yes yes, shamans pump out crazy numbers too but I'm specifically looking at these two and I'll explain why even though I don't need to.

Druids are sustaining on raids 400k dps pretty much as long as they have mana or want to which is forever. And this is coming from watching druids that aren't even top tier just brainless players spamming a few dots.

In my guild like most I'm sure we full burn the incarnate of Droga. 3 druids were over 800k dps in 90 seconds. Most wizards and melee dps are not capable of these numbers. Why should priests be? That's probably the most out of whack balancing ive ever seen in my 15 years of playing EQ.

Druids get heals, ports and can solo nearly any content. I'm fine with that but being top dps ontop of it is unacceptable.

Now onto Enchanters.

Seen Enchanters doing similar numbers. Sustaining 300k+ forever on raids, bursting for 700k on short duration burns.

Enchanters can also solo anything in the game while being top tier dps as well.

Both of these classes at minimum need a 50% decrease in dps from current state. Possibly more. To leave it as is is insane.

Both classes have a 50k+ base Dot 18 second recast on druid, 1.5seconds on enchanter. If devs need help nerfing start out with that and work your way down.

Classes take zero skill at this point. I don't even want go know what top tier druids are doing in comparison or Enchanters. Shout outs to Triton, shoutouts to Roi.
  14. tnot Elder

Disagree, everyone deserves their time to shine. Enchanters and Druids were utterly undervalued for nearly 7 years. Next expansion will likely be different.

I played an enchanter for 7 years and gave it up to play a Mage because the class was utterly worthless and under appreciated for so long. I still play a Mage and though this isn't a great year for us, I'm not such a -heel to ask for a nerf to make myself look better. My own effort, knowledge, and commitment to my class and guild in years passed speak for my abilities, not everyone can be #1 all the time. I've seen just about every other class on top of parses and frankly seeing these 2 classes there now is a little amusing and refreshing. Like anything in this game, It won't last long and isn't worth about.
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  15. mmats Augur

Ok lets not ask for nerfs and approach this a different way...

When can wizards expect to add group heals to their spellbar? ;)
    IblisTheMage and Drogba like this.
  16. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Swing and a miss
  17. Spellfire Augur

Yes, 53k dots are commonplace these days, nothing to nerf here ....
    Sancus likes this.
  18. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Guess its time to roll a druid. take it some dev plays a druid as a main.

Andarriel
  19. mmats Augur

Dont get me wrong, I like watching a druid burst for over 1 million dps as much as anyone.:)
  20. Fyuri Journeyman

When I raided, in a #1 on-server guild in RoF, mages were sort of laughed at as redundantly overplayed so-so DPS. I was barely let into the guild on references/reputation, Necros were King and zerkers were reputed kings of DPS. I consistently kicked the out of both of them by being pioneering, prepared, and working hard.

I don't subscribe to this whiny 'make me good by making others suck' whine fest.

DoTs also suck at killing adds/ smaller mobs in raids, they are utterly worthless, whereas burst classes can unleash millions of damage in a split second that lands instantly, this is an under appreciated advantage.

If you don't like your parse on a boss fight, consider parsing your entire damage over the entire raid event. Shards landing, Grelleth 2, I remember seeing these parses as disappointing, yet in a consolidated parse of the entire event I had done 8-9% of all raid damage on these events sometimes.

Also, no one can effectively or accurately parse you, except you. Learn how parsing works and parse yourself, if you're looking at someone else's parses of you, they're probably inaccurate and may be skewing your perception.
    Zhaunil_AB, Kuvani and Oakenblade like this.