RoS DPS Rankings

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Trotts, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Trotts Journeyman

I've done a good bit of searching but I can't find any public DPS parses since mid EoK. I currently have a rogue and play mostly group content but I keep hearing how far behind rogues are in relation to other classes so I've been considering rerolling. I know my wizard typically doubles my rogues damage already, and with rogues utility being pretty minimal these days I feel like he is a bit of dead weight.

So with that being said, can anyone provide any insight into which classes are ranging near the top of the dps charts right now in RoS?

Thanks!
  2. Derka Power Ranger

Coming from the group game and limitations of my server I would say(in no ranking order) Wizards, zerkers, rangers, monks, beastlords. A well played enchanter can also post some numbers.
  3. ShadowMan Augur

Its the same as its been for awhile.

Raids zerkers, wizards, rogues, necros and toss in mages and enchanters.
    Group zerkers, wizards, rogues, mages and enchanters.
  4. Trotts Journeyman

So rogues are #3 still? Maybe it's not worth rerolling then.
  5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

The fact none of you mentioned druids makes all your lists invalid =P
  6. Derka Power Ranger

Haha yes Druids and Shamans if allowed can do well, they just usually have another job to do
  7. ShadowMan Augur

Yes druids or shaman played as an actual dps class with support are right up there or in druids case the best at times. But I think we all realize this will eventually be nerfed or stagnated so I wouldn't suggest someone reroll and invest in a druid as a pure dps class going forward. Its enjoy it and utilize them as best you can while its here.
  8. Axxius Augur

Where it matters in this expansion, Druids are the #1 DPS class. Of course, it requires playing the class really well. And no, I'm not joking.
  9. ShadowMan Augur

Even on mobs that don't take increased damage from specific resists they can be top dog for periods of time if played well and supported. I explained as much to quite a few people on beta and was laughed at by lots of clueless dps classes saying play better.
  10. Funk Augur

Ax speaks the truth, we have a druid who easily makes top 10 parse while healing as well. If he 100% focused on dps I'm pretty sure he'd be up there.
    Allayna likes this.
  11. Tappin Augur

Depends on what you mean by DPS. My rogue paraes in the top 10 on almost every raid with only 3 pieces of raid gear. In group content, you should be able to hit 150k sustained if you know how to play.
  12. Maedhros High King

In an expansion with a level increase, you expect caster classes to dominate and that is definitely what I am seeing.
    Next expansion we will see a decent balance, and then 2 expansions from now the melee will be head and shoulders above.
    Outside of a few isolated examples with hyper elite meleers, typically you aren't going to see an equally well played melee beat a caster right now.

[IMG]
    Wizlard and gnomeboss like this.
  13. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

I really wish people would stop talking about Druid DPS so much in public forums and chats
    Barton and Brutalis-trak like this.
  14. Maedhros High King

Enjoy it while it lasts!
  15. Seldom Augur

Might as well name threads like this NERF What Class Rankings. Only thing that ever comes from it. DPS wise, things are fairly well in EQ. The average wizard, berserker or rogue puts out a good amount of damage with decent effort. Exceptional non DPS classes such Enchanter, Shaman and Druid can even do very well also. "Nearly" every single class in game can pour on some heavy DPS under the correct circumstances, if "exceptionally" skilled. Play whoever you'll have the most fun with
    Wizlard likes this.
  16. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

This exactly. To any dev that is strolling through this thread with nerf bat at the ready, just be advised that high Druid DPS requires a lot of effort and attention. It doesn't just fall into a druid's lap. Aside from support via ADPS classes in group, and an amount of negligence toward healing duties, it requires certain spell sets tied to socials, lots of correct button clicking, and key bindings.

It's not OP by any means, it's simply a result of a very deliberate avenue for a well-rounded class to take.
  17. Maedhros High King

Didnt stop them from gutting paladin dps because a handful of players could produce massive numbers under very limited, ideal situations.
    I do not hope for druids to get nerfed anytime soon, they have spent years in relative obscurity, and were overdue for their time in the limelight.
  18. Sancus Augur

If you remove the Druid-specific words, this is true of every class in the game. The other DPS classes, who only have the option to do DPS, aren't exactly AFK face rolling their keyboards.

I think Druids have been unfairly singled out thus-far, in general there's a balance issue with the DoTs non-DPS classes were given. That said, the fact that it takes a lot of effort is a piss-poor argument.
  19. ShadowMan Augur

people are funny with what they can honestly try to justify. you're a priest class who had some dps not a dps class who can play a healer instead if they want.
    Sancus likes this.
  20. Lisard Silly

Enchanter, Necro, Druid, Shaman, Zerker in various orders depending on event are your top 5 DPSers atm. top 10 throw in Mages, wizards, rangers, rogues, monks. ShadowKnights are even Doing well, may not make top 10 but they sustain decent dps as well as some of the best survivability.

the one that surprised me this expansion is enchanters. they are doing insane dps right now in both group and raid scenario's. its really disgusting.

one of the main reasons for this is dots. now coupled with the fact you can dot every mob in the vacinity....and never skip a beat because of Damage shields, Stupid -Hp debuffs that drain your HP for Meleeing, AE ramp, and Run in and Run out emotes and in some cases HP locks. Dunno why melee are always punished at every turn, but a caster can stay back out of harms way and ignore 99% of everything as long as your mana is not running out dominate everything in sight.

Necromancers are still King if played right, the problem is nobody can truly parse them except the necro itself. and thats a hush hush community. once you see necro dot revamp GG.

IMO Shadowknight, Enchanter, Druid, Necro are the only classes you should play. because you will be king in both group and raid content. just delete everything else.