Good job (if you wanted to lose money)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ternarissa, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Ternarissa Journeyman

Cancelling 3 auto-renew accounts and not purchasing RoF expansion for them due to decisions you, DBG, have made to:

1) Nerf my favorite toons including SCR no longer affecting combat abilities on my Beastlords when it has been like that for what, a decade or more? I don't even want to think about how much damage you've done to other hybrid classes with your decision.

2) TGB not working for Paragon outside of groups (Again, been like that how long?). And once again, I don't even want to think about the other classes.

3) Making my main 110 Beastlords' pet dark blue even with raid-quality enhanced minion 23 then "fixing" it, but still not really fixing it.

4) Making HA's unworthy of the time and effort I'd have put in them and making it pointless to try and go back and complete missions for heroic stats that I hadn't yet completed when the loot and gear in those missions don't scale with the difficulty.

5) Not knowing when enough is enough and go from making things that arguably weren't hard enough to damn near impossible, even for raid geared players or outside "The perfect setup" you build events and missions around.

And finally

6) Forcing people to return to a previous expansion to do progression that was a PITA to begin with for those without access to bots, alts, and reliable groups.

You lost 3 recurring subscriptions (and probably my main one if you don't change your ways before his sub runs out) because you don't want to listen to the majority of your player base and are killing all the fun of EQ.
    Buktum, cowboy5 and oldandnasty like this.
  2. oldandnasty Augur

Three accounts gone here also. One expires in 4 days the other two in 44. Glad I only re-subbed 2 for three months but sad I paid for 2 expansions. This time I don't think I'll be back unless they fix this mess and/or upgrade the mercs.
    Buktum likes this.
  3. Ratbo Peep Augur

The very smartest way to "stop the bleeding" from yesterdays patch, is to have an "emergency patch" to "undo it" ASAP.
    The Dev's get a free "do-over" this way. Win-Win.
    -R
    SevrinSevendust and UncleUms like this.
  4. Xnao Augur

Bleeding isn't real until it actually happens.

Terrorist.
    Belexes likes this.
  5. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Just remember, this is a gaming forum and not an airport. There's no requirement to announce your departure.
    Daedly, Belexes, IblisTheMage and 4 others like this.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Unless you're Elvis, and talk about yourself in the 3rd person, of course!!

[IMG]
  7. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

[IMG]
  8. Lily Augur

And there's no requirement for you to read it.
    SevrinSevendust and oldandnasty like this.
  9. Sagarmatha Augur

Bye, Felecia.

What's the point of making an, "Earth-shattering," statement that you're leaving the game on the forums? Do you think Daybreak is going to read it and and exclaim, "oh my gosh goodness, uber player L337 Roxx0orzs_15 is leaving! We better smarten up, man!"?

Or, do you feel your fellow players will cry in the night out of sheer devistation and start a gofundme to bring you back?

If you're going to quit, just QUIT. Whining about it here literally does not change a thing other than giving me something to do while on the toilet. Time to flush, Felecia.
    Cyri, feeltheburn and Belexes like this.
  10. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Just be careful not to spend too much time on your phone on the can at work. You'll lose circulation and develop a chronic case of Pooper's Polio.
  11. Horyuken Augur

Clearly Everquest offers a challenge that the OP choses not to attempt. That's fine. This world would be a vastly different place if people embraced a difficult challenge and didn't want things given to them. These boards are no different them the several media outlets across the country where people constantly complain things are to hard and if they don't get their way they are going to move to (insert country here) unless things are changed.

I hope the author finds a place where he can enjoy his time and receives enough utility in exchange for his hard earned money. Good Luck on your journeys !
  12. BlackVZ Lorekeeper

I don't see this as the case at all. In everquest as new expansions have come out the older content has always got easier. There is no reason for it to scale at all, doing progression from 4 or 5 expansions back should not require being geared in the newest expansions gear. This is not as you say "everyone wants the easy way", they are not asking for RoS content to be easy for them. But at level 110 content that at the time was level 100 for progression should not be difficult.
  13. Horyuken Augur

BlackVZ the level 100 Content is still easy. At 110 the content offers a challenge.

When they sold the HA type adventures they where billed as "Evolving to offer a challenge for any level". These missions where a total change in that they will keep the mission challenging for even the most seasoned adventurers'. If you want content that is "easy" to plow at level 110 in past expansions static zones should absolutely fit that bill for you. These missions have just been fixed to provide appropriate challenge for a similar EXP reward available elsewhere in the game.
  14. cowboy5 New Member

gee maybe db would like to know why there paying customers are leaving? but of course this is all about you really
    Lily and oldandnasty like this.
  15. AnzoRagespirit Augur

While I agree with 99% of your post, the part and the end about the XP ( for now) is incorrect. The XP isn't similar really higher risk for the same reward as before the change, the XP rate really hasn't changed in this aspect. Don't get me wrong I love a challenge and I'd rather grind away in static zones, I personally hate HAs (except the TBM ones for spells) but to say the XP is similar is just not true. In the time it takes people to bust out say, all 3 Gribble's ( which are just awful anyway ) I can bust out more AA just sand blasting static zone mobs then people get for doing all 3 missions.

Just stop doing HAs people unless you NEED them for progression, then just deal with the challenge.
  16. Monkinaround New Member

Its natural to vocalize frustration when a relationship ends because of reasons not understood. EQ is a commitment.

If you came home to find your wife running trains with the trolls next door, do you just turn around, get in the car and disappear forever? Or do you /y /y /y, chug a bottle of haven ale and ask the troll to /d and hope he isn't raid geared.

I've come to understand the underlying message of this patch. The game is almost 19 years old, if you aren't raid geared by now you wont ever be. If you have a job or any type of other commitment this game isn't for you. This game is for hardcore players, please move on.
    Lily likes this.
  17. Belexes ForumQuester

18. Feznik Elder

Ah another threat "I'm going to cancel all my accounts and quit" thread. See you back in a few weeks or few months!:D

If you haven't quit after 19 years, you'll be back and you know it stop fooling yourself!

I do like the initiative that you did decide to speak with your dollars but lets not fool ourselves!
    Cyri likes this.
  19. Belexes ForumQuester

I can't freaking like this enough!
  20. cowboy5 New Member

i can't believe your not playing wow ,you are perfect for that game with your screw everyone else, im the only one that matters. you could be a guild leader there
    SevrinSevendust likes this.