Claimer or Gamer???

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Belexes, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Belexes ForumQuester

The amount of nerd anguish on the forums is highly entertaining. When their cheese is moved, they start complaining.

What ever happened to nerd resourcefulness and can do attitude? Did you get spoiled by living on easy street?

I have never seen so many so-called gamer types wail and gnash their teeth about something even before they tried doing it.

That isn't the gamer type I used to know.

So can you adapt, overcome and plan a new strategy or are you so set in your ways you can't handle paradigm shifts?

Are you a claimer or gamer?
  2. Act of Valor The Newest Member

3. Frogmancer Augur

0/10 “Get Off My Lawn” rant, Gamer Edition. Go back to your snow hill, granddad.
    Belexes and Tatanka like this.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

It's the exact same group of people you remember from before.... but now they're on social security, arthritis meds, and their grandkid just broke their Star Wars original collectible from 1977!
    Belexes and oldandnasty like this.
  5. oldandnasty Augur

You left retired, disabled Vets who just don't want to take crap.
    Belexes likes this.
  6. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Ahh yes. The "I'm entitled because I served" generation. Love this one. Especially because these are the same people that you can predict will turn around and berate others for entitlement syndrome. I personally avoid bringing up my service (yes downrange too) because it feels greasy and self-serving. But not everybody has a sense of shame or humility I guess.
  7. oldandnasty Augur

I feel pride that I served my country. Sorry if it makes you feel ashamed.
  8. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Nice grandstanding, but that's not what I said. It's one thing to be proud. It's another thing to go around bragging like a dee-bag, then act like anyone who hasn't served lacks the validity that you've bestowed upon yourself.

We signed the dotted line. We did our duty. We got our benefits. Anyone of moral substance should feel an internal sense of pride with an honorable discharge, without the need to go around with some misguided sense of a special higher tier social status. That's snowflakeism at its purest.

I thank you for your service, but regret to inform you that it doesn't make you or your opinions superior to anyone.
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  9. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Thank you for your service Oakenblade, oldandnasty and any other vet here. /salute!
    Belexes likes this.
  10. oldandnasty Augur

Never claimed superiority or tried to. My opinions are the same as everyone else's here. I don't claim any special tier or social status. The only thing I do get for my service is a small retirement check and reasonably priced healthcare.
  11. Tinyfeet Elder

yet you felt obliged to bring it up in the same breath, and elaborate on it too... holy **** the salt is flowing with this one
    oldandnasty likes this.
  12. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

I've had this same dumb argument multiple times before on the interwebz. And every time it happens if I don't bring it up the assumption is "oh figures because you've probably never served" (because...you know...the opinions of civilians aren't valid). Then if I do bring it up, the next assumption is (oh well you've probably never been downrange). Everybody's gotta find a way to feel superior.
  13. Frogmancer Augur

Dang kids and their rock music!!
  14. Belexes ForumQuester

When we wanted to bang our heads, we put on our Buddy Holly 45s and we liked it that way!