Cactus rethread

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jadenpain, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Millianna Augur

Who came up with the idea that a mission would essentially contain 2 mobs? More punishment for lack of design or any thought process put into this mission. DBG, how about you delete this mission and add something that is actually fun?
  2. Tucoh Augur

Behind the scenes at the DBG encounter tuning team
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Pistols4Pandas Elder

Fell Foliage Tuning discussion:

Business manager: "The harder we make it for them to get T1 gear, the more likely they'll give up, & buy Kronos to purchase player-made".. " You guys want your bonuses, right?"

Developer: "Hold my Mountain Dew"...
    <Insert raid-version cactiikii into group mission>
    Ratbo Peep likes this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'd agree with more HP, locking with adds up, but his DPS and the adds DPS will make this impossible for group geared players.

Group of raiders got him to 17% before we ran out of mana and hit points, But then we weren't really buffed up as much as we could have been. #

SKyfire the hardest mission is a walk in the park, compared to this now.
  5. Millianna Augur

:)
  6. Fyuri Journeyman

Raid-geared full player groups are failing to beat this on my server. 1 such group said they got him to 25% before healer went Oom.

Everyone's cussing & cursing in general and saying the Dev's were either drunk when they did this or enlisted the Janitor to redesign the encounter.
    Rickoshay likes this.
  7. fransisco Augur

seems pretty obvious from EVERYONE in the thread that unless you have raid gear (read not in EoK t2 group gear) this mission is crazy difficult
  8. Nightops Augur

Grats daybreak on going 0 for 3 in actually testing this mission.

Boss hit for 55k, the damage shield thing practically negates good melee dps, and locking the boss hps if any cactus is up is just lame.

I'm glad they have great customer server when their quests fail to update correctly and eat crestra's earring when you turn it in for the HS task update. Oh, and their dev tag augs incorrectly on release and people lose tons of made augments but its our fault so they don't reimburse or replace.
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

The banish definitely sucks for boxing. I was able to get it to ~15% myself the one time I tried pre-change with sk main (EoK raid geared), rogbot (mostly tbm raid rots with EoK daggers) and two healer mercs. Better players than me probably could pull it off np. The point though is that prior to today the dps check wasn’t onerous for a 6 person mission. It’s not a HA, it’s a Hero mission, and with any semblance of competent players beating it pre change was a joke. Any tank (even a merc) and 1-3 dps people pushing their buttons had plenty of dps to win.

Don’t get me wrong though I agree this expansions entry zone difficulty stuff is stupid. T1 is awful, and given that there’s only 3 missions to run for group currency, Skyfire being overly rough and now Cactus being pretty hard is lame.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. gubman New Member

Its actually not that hard just need to test a few thing (or read this :D) before going all out on an invuln named.
    Basicly kill all the sprouts asap at start (cycle npc) before they grow at all, then no adds, then its really not that bad.
    Seems named hits harder and harder as time goes so if you dont you'll end with a 80k hitter but killing sprouts max hit i had was 33k (under pally disc) and took us 140s (eok raidgear *only*).
    Not saying it will be easy for casuals but i dont see it totally undoable, just need a real group instead of few boxes now and the right strat.
    Ptib
  11. ptah Augur

ok this should be interesting.. from my view point.. I play a few different toons.. and the skill level are really different.
    1) Old main a mage.. I'm an old mage pet tank most if not all content. Knowledge for this is solid.. I was not Pet tanking this mission before.. most attempts were 30% then add would kill mage not pet.. and wipe. Dape not fast enough.. shared health, all the spell for self runish type etc.
    2) Group war.. I mean green as they come.. weak stats.. buffed to 130k hp and 4k displayed AC. I was able to disc thru this with a merc healer and a shaman doing what they do. Shaman claimed it was not too bad on heals.. as he could and would need to roll his DoTs. I was seeing wins.. not 100% but I was seeing wins. NoN raid dps amoung us just a fellowship. Planned to farm the crap out of this.. aka request to adjust my sleep time.. to hit 6h timer everytime.. taskmaster that shaman is.. heh
    3) Have not attempted the new one yet.. I will attempt.. I will fail.. I will learn and adjust.. maybe I will need to adjust or go farm or level up and AA

Adventure well.. the cookie machine hits back
  12. Adroxia Elder

We tried again later in the night and beat it, but that's a huge upgrade in difficulty. Takes preparation and coordination in a way that raiders are used to, but I doubt many group folk will be ready for!

Very tough and needs some strong gear
  13. Gialana Augur

Did you notice if the sprouts are visible? The only one I've seen has been the one initially planted, though it takes 1 or 2 messages across the screen before it's actually visible. When killing Catiikii, the first add that spawns almost instantly has seemed to spawn near Catiikii, but the second and third have seemed to come from quite some distance.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Fully raid buffed and we nailed it!

Sproutings are near enough respawning as soon as one is killed, instead of just poping when the Burgeoning is up.

Good luck those i group gear getting this done.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Dont see anyone getting green thumb or the atrocious cactus with these changes.
  16. TheStugots Augur

So in gear better than T2 RoS group gear and a group full of raiders, it wasn't that bad? I think the point the majority are trying to make is that it's now nearly impossible for group geared players?

I personally haven't tried it yet after the patch (damn work) and I agree it was very easy before, but I think posting that a raid geared group of raiders did it, isn't really the idea for a T1 group mission.
  17. IblisTheMage Augur

I don't think all group content should be doable by boxers/pair-boxers like myself.

If it is doable by a really strong group of all real players in group gear, then it is the test of skill and team work that we can all strife for. If you want to box it, an expansion or two down the line will make it possible.
  18. Stephen51 Augur

We tried it after re-vamp and failed miserably. I wonder if a Dev would weigh in and say whether it is working as intended? Also who this is supposed to be challenging to?
    As a starter zone I felt this zone was quite hard to start with, most mobs being yellow/red to 105, incurable dots on some mobs, negate dps merc mechanics on others. The entry zone used to be to help bed you in, or give the players who didn't want to stretch themselves too much get some xp, but this zone seems to be targeting another group.

There is a reason most used to burn this down, it was because if you didn't, you couldn't cope with the boss and his minions if they were up too long.

I'm glad I got my win before the patch because I'd be stuck on progression otherwise.
    Pirlo likes this.
  19. fransisco Augur

So if you have someone with track who can dedicate the entire mission to hunting sprouts you might prevent adds? lame...
  20. fransisco Augur

Wrong.
    The entry zone of the expansion is supposed to be doable by people who are not in max t2 group gear. VP group stuff - sure you should be 110 with max aa and t1-t2 ros gear.
    The first mission in the expansion? No way should it be nearly this hard.