Silver Accounts

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Bella222, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Bella222 Elder

I recently went down to 2 all access accounts from 3. I had purchased silver long ago. I now have a silver account with the 4 slots (5 I bought 1) on my EQ2 game but on EQ I only have 2 slots. The rest of my characters are frozen. That account is silver in EQ2. Any ideas on how I can get it silver in EQ? Or does EQ not have silver accounts?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

At one time the Silver accounts were sold in EQ.

They discontinued the sales of them and reconfigured the Silver label to apply to old original paying accounts that people were reactivating to return and play free. That way the returning players had more stuff than free accounts but not as much as paid accounts. Or if you are now a paid account and go free it might assign you Silver. Maybe.

At this point in the game if you have a used to be paid account from pre 2012 (or maybe 2014) and reactivate it or go free on it then it will be Silver. If you have an original free account it will not reactivate to Silver. Although some players swear they have a free account that they were able to reactivate to silver they have yet to prove it and it turns out many of them were on their old paid accounts.

The sign of 2 slots on your EQ account is a sign of a free account. Never paid and not Silver. A Silver account in EQ will have at least 4 slots or more.

I would petition just to see if they can cross game it since it could be something that was overlooked when they implemented one charge covering all games.
  3. Geroblue Augur

After they stopped grandfathering in Silver accounts, All Access goes back to Free.

I think silvers have 4 or 5 character slots. You can buy additional slots in game store.

I don't know if the Silver on EQII and EQ are the same or not.

My silver accounts on EQ have all characters available for play. Even if that account/server has 8 or 9 characters on it. I bought an extra character slot on one account.

When you play All Access on EQ, you can play All Access on EQII.
  4. KermittheFroglok Augur

I think the grandfathering and silver purchases were specific to each game. (EQ & EQ II are two different games, just the same brand).

Do you have unspent loyalt crowns? If you have a few thousand unspent crowns then I'd suggest just buying 3 dolls of the character from the PoK loyalty merchant. Using all three will grant you 3 additional character slots. (Not sure but you might need to use one, log, use another, log, and use the third log.)
  5. KermittheFroglok Augur

This might be helpful too.
    http://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Free_to_play

I have two silver accounts. To me the main perk I like is really the tier 5 apprentice merc. Everything else you could buy.
  6. Geroblue Augur

None of my accounts are ftp, but someone else might find the link you posted helpful.
  7. Ryndarin New Member

I've had to deal with a similar issue when I first came back to EQ. I had to contact customer service twice; the first time was when SOE still owned EQ. I found out that I had 2 accounts; my original pre FTP and an FTP account. The pre-FTP account had 5 characters with only 2 character slots available and the FTP account had no characters with only 2 slots available. I was able to keep both of them and pay the monthly sub if I so chose; I never purchased a silver account. So, my account was silver only when I paid the subscription and I only used my pre-FTP account. When Daybreak took over it was the second time that I had to contact customer service because my account would not show up. It turned out that my accounts had to be merged; I was able to keep my characters from my old account but not my past account information or forum posts/status. So on the forums at this point I am a newbie (heh). I've been playing/paying for this game on and off since the original Ruins of Kunark.
  8. KermittheFroglok Augur

Geroblue, I was adding onto your vague point for people interested in the topic. I was not posting exclusively to you.

For some reason you were posting vaguely about things you weren't sure about aside from your own account slots... You didn't even know the number of slots Silver members can get to start (four).
  9. KermittheFroglok Augur

Ryndarin, that's weird. Both of my pre-ftp accounts got silver with 4 slots one was started when Velious was out and the other around SoF'ish timing.
  10. KermittheFroglok Augur

Sorry, that was mean. I should have been nicer :-/
  11. Geroblue Augur

No problem. I'm getting much older and my memory isn't what it used to be.
  12. Frostyglitch New Member

I don't mean to necro this post but I do wish they'd allow us to have more slots (I'm maxed). I just got someone brand new into the game and didn't want to delete any of my characters but wanted to create a new one. We could have started on a new server for me but what's the fun in that.

On a side note I wonder if anyone has been able to prove or disprove if subscribing and canceling will make an account go silver. It sounds like that's no longer a thing. Do free accounts gain loyalty rewards? Maybe this new guy will be able to get paper dolls later or I suppose he would buy them from the store.
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You can have a lot of character slots; On a paid account you can get additional ones so you would have 8 base plus you can get 3 in marketplace and 2 thru loyalty merchant. So that is 13 and some folks have one or two more. There might be some old accounts with even more since there were some legacy awards and bugs that resulted in some folks winding up with 16 or 17 character slots per server/account.

You could also make a free account to play with your friend. Then the prospect of boxing rears its ugly head lol.

Free accounts do gain loyalty points/rewards, but only 30 a week. The good thing is the Silver returning accounts gain them much the same as a paying account 120/week. So yeah he can buy some more slots - eventually - they are 1296 loyalty points each.
  14. Frostyglitch New Member

Yeah like I said I'm maxed, but wish I could buy more. I'm glad to know that at least free accounts earn loyalty so my friend can eventually get more slots if you decides he doesn't want to spend any cash. Though IMO there's so much free content here to be had that the least he could do is buy the latest expansion and subscribe for a bit. He's NEVER played EQ so unfortunately he won't have a silver account, though I wish there was a way for him to have one.
  15. KermittheFroglok Augur

It's come up on a few different threads but only accounts that were created many years ago around the F2P transition become Silver after canceling. Newer accounts just revert back to the F2P restrictions.

Have you considered just using a spirit shroud? Spirit shrouds essentially nerf your character into a lower level creature so you can play lower level content. Shroudkeepers can be found in the Plane of Knowledge. To be honest, I'd prefer to use a shroud to group with friend that's interested, instead of starting/gearing an alt that I might not use if the person loses interest.

Either way I hope your friend has fun!