Bugged quest reward window...

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Tatanka, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I was helping some friends on an old Ashengate raid the other night, and looted one of the drops for the Serpent Seeker's Charm of Lore, for Librarian Hemfar in CR.

I turned in the piece, and he accepted it for quest credit, but I then got a reward window pop up, but with no text in it for anything. The picture frame for the reward shows what looks like a cloth neck item (or pearl necklace?), but there's no text anywhere. I clicked Accept, and forgot about it. Now, every time I log in, the same window pops up again. What can be done to get rid of this?

The strange thing is, the only reward for this quest is to evolve the charm after each turn-in, so I don't even know what it's trying to give me.

Additional data: I haven't turned in all items for the charm, I think I'm at 24 of 37 drops.

Tat
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yeah known bug for a few years but they did fix it once. Now its back. The cloth choker/necklace. After the first time I found one way so it doesn't happen again was to always keep a quest reward unclaimed in the window. I think I have some armor from level 50 daily? lol.

Earlier this year they also changed coding so the reward window doesn't pop up each time you log in or earn a reward if the reward is just a flag or like yours an update to charm stats. Its not trying to give you anything it is really broke. Hopefully they will see all these posts and do something.
  3. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

The fix is on the Test Server, should go live with the next patch:

- Fixed a bug with some reward sets failing to offer experience for level 106+ players (ex. the tasks offered by Master Hunter Jilare in Shard's Landing.)
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Awesome, thanks you two :)
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Does that include the tasks from Jilare?

ex. could be exclude or example
  6. Theo Journeyman

any idea if this is going to be retroactively fixed? I have like 9 task rewards on my screen (including Master Hunter Jilare's) and some quests aren't even appearing upon quest completion. Wondering if I should stop doing these until its fixed.
  7. Mitsune Lorekeeper

I have 6 of those broken tasks from Kael Drakkel - The King's Madness tasks. For me it only affected the "kill <X> <mobs>" tasks. I really hope for a fix soon.
  8. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I believe in this case it is "example" because that is one of the specific quest NPCs that was mentioned when this was reported.

I don't know for sure. Do the rewards still show up if you logout and back in? If so then I think the fix will allow you to complete them. If new rewards aren't showing in the window when you complete them then I wouldn't run any more until it is fixed.