conflagrant charm of security not working properly

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ghubuk, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Ghubuk Augur

With all visible armor class specific it is giving less than 3k h/e/m.
  2. Derd Augur

Ros gear ?
  3. feeltheburn Augur

4. Febb Augur

Ya that charm only works with RoS class specific gear. The description will be changed up in the upcoming patch to show that.
  5. Ghubuk Augur

Thanks for the answers. Surprising it only works with ros gear. Class specific charms never worked that way before. Wonder why now?
  6. feeltheburn Augur

DBG sir
  7. Ghubuk Augur

Just strange because it makes it a very poor charm until max slots filled this expansion and then becomes terrible again when next expansion and regearing starts.
  8. smash Augur

I guess pretty simply. ...
    Because there no work getting a max charm b4, there no downside with class charm at earlier versions.

Maybe time to keep old ones, at least until they get changed too
  9. Sancus Augur

The stupidest part is, next expansion, each time you upgrade a piece of gear the stats on your charm will decrease.
  10. Tucoh Augur

It's kind of silly, but charms seem designed to be a little silly with some of the charm effects that increase based on distance to zone line, time of day etc.
    narksar and Tatanka like this.
  11. kizant Augur

Aww I find the stupid design very charming.
    Sancus likes this.
  12. Lilura Augur

You must love this expansion, then.

Wish I knew this qualifier before I blew 180k on it.
    kizant likes this.
  13. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I'm planning on holding on to my EoK raid charm for a bit until I'm done RoS progression and get that version for an upgrade this year. Charms are still goofy, not at creation of the slot goofy but goofy nonetheless.
  14. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Like the other charms that require you to complete progression before they are good. This was the only charm that was instantly full power without any "work" at all.
    I'll see if I can come up with a compromise here. Not sure what it will be yet.
    Ghubuk likes this.
  15. smash Augur

Let it be forward competible ?

Meaning, Charm of Se... will be maxxed on RoS armor + next expansion Armor

You still need to Work on getting it maxxed, but will be maxxed for 2 expansions, this and ...
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

To be honest it seems things would be far simpler to just make charms like any other piece of gear and forget all the silly conditions. I don't think this would break the game in any way.
    NameAlreadyInUse, Xeladom and Yinla like this.
  17. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Should just make all of them fixed position things, or make the absurd ones have double the stats so that when you aren't in a zone with undead, the base stats are the same.

The ones that checked against Class Armor, Progression, Languages or Skills always seemed to be the most desirable.

With the emphasis placed on tradeskills the last two expansions I wouldn't be too surprised to see the Artisan's charm make a comeback requiring 350 in all 7 tradeskills to reach some absurd stats that crush other options.
  18. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Or an achievement based one where the hp/mana/endurance on it was equal to 50% total achievement number.

Then again I dont know how many achievements there are in total. I’m talking that little number up at the top when you open the ach window.
    Havanap likes this.
  19. Cleaver Augur

I thought the compromise was the task ones were better ?
  20. Havanap Elder

That's a great idea. It means I would have to go and do all those pointless achievements after all, but I'd rather that achievement number meant something rather than just fluff.