Which classes use Dichotomic in group/raid?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by IblisTheMage, Dec 29, 2017.

1. IblisTheMage Augur

Uhm... ok...
    I will write pally dicho as “individual preference”
  2. Cicelee Augur

Who would of thought, of all the class dicho out there, the one that would cause the most controversy on a thread like this is the class that rides a unicorn...
    Ratbo Peep, fransisco and Metanis like this.
  3. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I have found in brief parses its about 10k more DPS to keep nailing it verse not doing it.
    Ratbo Peep likes this.
  4. Sissruukk Rogue One

As a rogue, I keep dicho on cooldown all the time, whether in group or raid.
  5. p2aa Augur

Preach the good words.
    Some tank stack Hsta, not for the 1 % melee shielding every 400 points, but for the HP.
    Which is magnified by the heavy AE in current raids.
    AC does not have the impact on hit distribution it used to have before (I remember Bedavir graph showing the impact of AC back in the days).
    Hdex not working as you don't riposte nor parry.
    Hagi hardly working as you don't dodge, as to miss rate and impact on hits ? I compared these stats on OT boss Cactii who is a kinda hard hitter on some long tanking parse, with a tank that has + 250 Hagi than me, same miss rate 20 %, same average hit 36 k and graph tanking distribution.
    Also this does not affect only raid bosses, but also raid adds now that follow the same pattern than bosses now, 0 riposte, parry and dodge.
    For raids :
    HP > AC
    Hsta > Hagi > Hdex
  6. IblisTheMage Augur

Thanks all, I am writing on the article for Fanra's wiki. I hope some of you will improve on the article when it is done :)

I did not see input on the bard and cleric. Anyone has input on these?
  7. Karhar Dream Crusher

As a cleric, i use it all the time, As Undying Life 6 its a 51.9k + Group heal then on person you cast it on, they get a pretty big 19.3% hp buff for 2 ticks.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  8. Brohg Augur

4 ticks. a 3-cleric team can keep the hp buff on perpetually
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  9. Brohg Augur

Bard is good while it lasts. Not flashy, but real good. Used on-cooldown, its cost is quite high compared to their self-regen, so it can only be used "continuously" (1/minute) for about 20 minutes. That's roughly the same situation for "raw" usage for other classes as well, but bards are exempted from nearly every resource recovery tool, so the ability's cost is more limiting.

Across that duration, it's their best group mana/endo regen song for their group (2k mana, 300 endo)(roughly equaling their other regens all added up), and includes a bit of ADPS (+29k melee damage & +26k spell damage per character each time it's sung).
    IblisTheMage and Tucoh like this.
  10. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Speaking of moist, our dicho reminds me of the fabled Life Leech quest spell back in the day. It’s that delicious. Anyone have a spare towel?
  11. Gialana Augur

Paladin - I may be a terrible paladin; I don't know. I've never cast the dichotomic spell a single time

Enchanter - I rarely use without a GoM proc. If I get a GoM proc early in the fight, I'll use it on mind storm (now mind tempest at level 110). If the GoM proc comes late in the fight, then not many counters are used before the mob is dead. With my normal group's play style, sometimes the next mob will be debuffed and I can use more of the counters on it, and sometimes the buff fades first. If the GoM proc comes really late in the fight, I'll sometimes cast the dicho just for the mana.
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

The dev brainstorming that went into it must have been amazing.

Dev: Hmmm, Mages? How about a pet buff!
    Mages: Uhhh, we already have 13672366 of those....how about something else?
    Dev: Pet buff ‘tis! Enjoy!
    Mages: Hey, at least it wasn’t a pet nerf.

At least some of the unoriginal ones were powerful. Mage one’s just a perfect storm of derp.
    fransisco and IblisTheMage like this.
  13. Brohg Augur

I would describe it as cripplingly awkward. Powerful pieces that work against each other, plus it reaches out to pull in extrinsic … issues.
  14. mmats Augur

All mages who use dicho just want to watch the world burn.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  15. Ratbo Peep Augur

Me either but it's a good read. I think (of course) the Dichos had their best time in the sun in TBM and were still quite viable in EoK. When RoS bumped the levels and spell lineups up, IMHO there should have been a way (via progression, like TBM did) to get the Dicos "current" again, making them more viable in this and the next couple expansions, assuming no level increase. This also would have made a good time to alter and/or tune the Dichos. Some classes when TBM was current had real valid complaints that their reward for completing all this progression was far less than other classed. Good time to correct that as well.
    Perhaps the NEXT expansion (presumably without a level increase and all the man hours that eats up retuning PC and NPC's alike) will find the Dev time (hint, hint) to restore the Dicho to a MUST HAVE tool in the toolbox for all the classes. The use of it should not be "up for debate" like it's become for most classes.
    -Rat
  16. fransisco Augur

Do I have to use the dicho to want it? I'd be embarrassed to have it on my spell bar.
  17. mmats Augur

If its not on your spellbar, youre just pretending.
    fransisco likes this.