Quality of Life wishes and dreams. What would you want?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Jan 8, 2018.

1. IblisTheMage Augur

oh, and the ability to block an entire thread from my Forum view.
    eepok, Smokezz, Warpeace and 4 others like this.
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

While we're at it, let's make every class's epic somewhat equally useful. Druid's was barely useful when it was new (1.0. 2.0 was more useful, but for some silly reason, had a level cap on the effect), and is very much useless for over a decade now. Some classes still get usefulness out of their epics.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. YellowBelly Augur

How about granting every toon the ability to use the ldon magus ports (BB,commonlands,sro,everfrost,ect) without doing the silly quest.
    Risiko likes this.
  4. Darchon_Xegony Augur

All food and drink stacking to 1000 would be cool.

Misty thicket Picnics and kaladim constitutionals are great because they happen to be used in other TS combines therefore they stack up to 1000. But most food doesn't. Would be nice if it all did.
    Atlans, Chanteren, mmats and 2 others like this.
  5. Bamboompow Augur

No one is forcing you to read anything.

Also as for the server side parsing, the evil that may become is the typical garbage our dysfunctional player community can dredge up. It can lead to nerfs, class envy and other unnecessary drama, stupidity etc. Ultimately it could put players and their scabbles in charge of game direction. Would it happen? Who knows but there is enough precedent to where what might appear to be a good idea could become a nightmare. Just saying.

The rest of it is details. Who gets to see it and use the data? How is it shared? Is it a guild officer that sees a raid composite parse while individuals can see their data if they so chose? Seems like a bunch of work for a feature not many will use outside of the more hardcore raid community. 3rd party parsers are good enough. Why buy the cow when the milk is already free.
    YellowBelly likes this.
  6. svann Augur

I know you are joking but you are actually very close to the solution. Everyone's own parse on their own damage is pretty close to accurate. So what you would want is everyone to parse just their own damage and then combine it all together. There would still be some error because there are still a few oddities, but this is the most accuracy you can get right now given the eq ways. Have the parser share data in a share channel but each parser would only send the data for that person, then the parsers could take the share channel data and automatically combine it (it would just be another parse). You just have to get everyone to use the parser :)
  7. kizant Augur

The dysfunction happens right now because devs are clueless about how some classes actually perform and it slowly takes time for the community of players to realize it and complain until it's fixed. That whole process could be improved with a more accurate and trustworthy ways of obtaining data. Clearly, it wouldn't solve all the issues because often times you're stuck comparing bad players vs good but it would help.

Of course, everyone should have access to the data. Limiting by guild rank or something is a bad idea and would create more work.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Brohg Augur

The reporting range should be zone wide for pets, groups, raids. Being OOR of characters/mobs that you are fighting shouldn't be a thing. The speculative additional server & connection load of sending more data (if the player isn't filtering it) should be swamped by the process savings of skipping the range calculation.
    Nniki likes this.
  9. SuperTwink New Member

I would hate to have that happen in EQ.:)
    Bamboompow likes this.
  10. Jyve Augur

Nice timing of the thread.
    Multi parameters for many /commands.

/invite toon1 toon2 toon3
    /taskadd toon1 toon2 toon3
    /useitem 23 0, 23 3, 23 5
    /alt activate 335 337 5623 5423

Socials are filling up, more lines/textpad area to enter more would be good, but perhaps having existing /commands able to take more parameters is more logical.
  11. Bamboompow Augur

Right. Everyone should be able to see their individual metric, but to make this tool something useful for decision makers/leaders in a raid, it needs to be tidied up in one concise format with all the dps, healing etc. All the minutia any raid leader would ever need or want for every raid member. Not every player needs that depth of scope as far as deciminating information.

I say nay to this not because it's a bad idea. It's a great idea but it has to be weighed in the context of what would give the most benefit to all players versus dev time to make it happen. There are certainly a bunch of technical issues to address, such as making sure it's not going to be a security issue, generate more lag and how do these results get displayed and shared? Output it to the raid window in game? Guild roster screen in game or does it need to be a pop up? How can the data be exported to a web board etc.

Devil is in the details with this.
  12. Maedhros High King

Augment distillers should either be consolidated into the very most expensive one, or at the very least, they should downscale.
    If I need XII to remove my aug, but all I have in my possession is XV, it should work.
    Wealthy players could keep a stack of the more expensive ones on them and just throw plat at the problem while poor folks, living on the streets and not enough gold to rub together to put food on the table for their kids could keep buying the very least expensive aug distillers to get the job done.
  13. kizant Augur

For starters they could do their own overlay that shows your personal DPS. The calculations could be client side, it wouldn't need any more data than what you see today, and they have quest overlays to start from for the UI.

Then they could add an option to display DPS for your group and/or raid. That's where Brogh's idea for removing the distance restriction would come in. It could be another option/filter you get to choose. So, like if you select 'show all data for group' or something then you would see the same exact same data that gets logged today but without the distance restriction so you don't miss anything. And only for people in your group and/or raid. So, not necessarily everything in a zone. Then tools like gamparse and gina will have better data to work with nd their overlay could show a little more info.

It doesn't necessarily have to interface with a web export or anything either. Although, it could do something simple where if the overlay is enabled and it sees a fight end it could write a list/table of final total values to the log file or something. Obviously, they could expand on it as time goes on. The important part is just getting better data from game for gamparse and a super basic UI in-game would be a bonus since then nobody would have an excuse for 'oh its too hard to setup' or something to at least see a high level view of performance.
    Dsuna likes this.
  14. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

A huge QoL change (though TLP related) would be to make Tranquil Blessings AA for all mgb casters level 65 and restrict it to GoD.

As mentioned earlier by others to
  15. xclip New Member

Regardless of your chosen race/gender, everyone should appear as a male ogre.
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

[IMG]
    Anglesy likes this.
  17. Erikose New Member

Just firing up my old account for the first time in a long time. I hope my shaman is not jacked up. I think the last time I logged on Sony still owned the game. What am I in for or is there anybody still around from circa 2000?
  18. Maedhros High King

Nope, EQ is entirely comprised of brand new people. Noone left from 2000ish! :p
  19. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You can. Simply port to Nedaria's Landing first then you will be offered the other places from that magus. Without the adventures stone.
  20. Goodn Augur

I think the commands that are useful to an active macro (ie one used fighting mobs) will never get multiple parameters unless the Devs change their views on the 5 line macro. The other problem is that most /useitem and some /alt activate have casting times...how would the game handle the stack up? I wish macros would have 20 lines...but it would greatly alter the EQ experience...and I don't think for the better.

For /invites, /taskadd, and other commands of that nature, I'm all for it.
    IblisTheMage likes this.