Shadowknight dominated by Mage and Beastlord pets.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Soulsiphon, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Yimin Augur

If you can't out tank a Mage or Bst pet as a SK in raid gear , maxed AA you need to look into playing a different class ....

YiMin
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Nylrem Augur

OP, I am going to flat out call you a liar, that a BST pet, even a raid focus one, tanked 5 regular OT trash mobs at once with only a merc healing... unless you’re talking about the level 35 OT ...

I have a max AA, raid focus mag, and I have to do something if I get 2 trash at once... use pet defensive stuff on long cool downs, offtank one with swarm pets, or something. If I get 3, I gate fast... or die.

BS a BST pet was straight up tanking 5...

Raid geared PAL friend, however... can easy tank 4 at once while I burn...
    UncleUms likes this.
  3. Ladenfir New Member

Drogba is so easy to heal, that's because he has a pair........of horns.
  4. Gundolin Augur

Is this another joke thread trying to get SKs nerfed? I didn't read it all but I don't see how anyone could complain about an SK's ability to tank group content? Had a 106 SK in TBM raid gear out tanking BL pets last night.
  5. Cicelee Augur

No this is a joke thread about how pets can tank better than a SK. Which is obviously a joke. Probably wanting pets to be nerfed.

I am sure OP will get his wish in the annual May/June "Pet Adjustment" patch that we all have come to love...
    Gundolin and fransisco like this.
  6. Igniz Augur

I suggest you at least read the first post of the thread before commenting on it.
    Tatanka likes this.
  7. Koryu Professional Roadkill

It's a level-raise expansion, it's time for pets to not suck. They will stagnate with the next non-level-raising expansion anyway.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  8. Aurastrider Augur

I am not sure what the issue is here. I box sk with 4 mages. I am a little non traditional in how I play my sk having mained a ranger for years and a bard for a while so I play my sk with a little flavor from both of these classes. I frequently pull let pets tank mob A while I hold agro on all other mobs. Mages will burn down the mob the pets have agro on while I keep the other mobs busy. With that said if I really want to take agro from 4 mage pets plus my sk pet I can. I do have to fight for it but there are more than enough tools available and I am not even a maxer meaning I am still using a lot of TBM gear, augs with less than 40 AC, no raid gear and I have only been playing sk for about two years so I imagine someone who is a raid SK should not be having so much difficulty holding agro and tanking.
  9. Bigstomp Augur

A "raid" SK could be counting anguish as a raid.
  10. Tamaden Elder

It is sad when total newbs that can't play their class trying to ruin it for the rest, but sadly this what EQ have become. You whine enough Devs will nerf it, as we all know they love doing that more then fixing or making new content.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  11. Allayna Augur

Test patch notes:

Guess you should re-roll a pet class....

I'll keep tanking.
    Yimin and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  12. Blitter Elder

I'm enjoying watching all the guilds beating T2 events atm.

Have you thought about joining a guild where people don't cheat?
  13. Drogba Augur

'an event', what's the hold up?~ ;)
    Sancus likes this.
  14. IblisTheMage Augur

Interesting. Air pets? Mix?
  15. Bahdah Augur

16. Aurastrider Augur

I usually go 3 air and one earth but with the level increase and all my toons at 106 while I try to max out my AA's I am going all air pets since that is the first upgraded pet. Having the 4 pets with the potential to stun is pretty awesome imo. I know I could probably do more dps with a couple water pets in the mix but I am cool with my current setup. When I hit 110 I might try doing all four pets and seeing how they parse vs each other.
  17. fransisco Augur

Its too bad you cant sneak a water or two in there. IF you gave it deagro weapons, would it not pull agro from the air pets?
  18. Aurastrider Augur

I might try using them again once I level up. I was running into them taking agro from the air pets and getting eaten when I would take on some named mobs and I hate making new pets so I decided to roll air pets since they rarely ever die. For what I usually do I am killing at a rate I am satisfied with so I am not to worried about it right now. I am way behind on progression and still trying to max evolve my artisan prize on my sk while farming some AA's here and there. When I actually get deeper into EOK or ROS I will be a little more concerned with maxing out my dps.
  19. Karthos Augur

Has anyone parsed pets that are decked out in the new tradeskill gear? I'll bet it's a sight to see.
  20. fransisco Augur

Thats a TON to drop on a pet that can die on its own, and also dies if the mage dies.

Plus, silk and ore DEFINATELY are too rare
    Allayna likes this.