Everquest on Windows Vista..

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Ragincajun, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Ragincajun New Member

Buddy just gave me an old laptop and was trying to get eq to run on it but keep getting an error when trying to launch. Anyone have any tips?
  2. Riou EQResource

Upgrade to windows 7+

Or get the files from someone else and bypass launcher
    Ragincajun likes this.
  3. Ragincajun New Member

How do I bypass launcher? I have a laptop that's windows 10 and xopied my everquest folder over.
  4. Riou EQResource

https://articles.eqresource.com/bypasslaunchpad.php

just keep in mind anytime game patches you will have to get the files over again to keep up to date from your windows 10 machine
  5. Ragincajun New Member

Well after moving my folder to the vista I kept getting a missing mss32.dll and I couldn't fix it no matter what, so I uninstalled and reinstalled using steam. did the patchme trick and it actually loaded and brought me to the log in screen but now I keep getting unable to connect to the log in server. Most of the time I can't even get it to work on the windows 10 computer.. any tips?
  6. xxGriff Augur

Just install to C:\Everquest. I had trouble getting EQ to run when it installed to User\Games etc. so I just reinstalled as i showed, and then make sure your firewall has an exception for EQ. you may also want to download the MS DX9c redistributable.
    Oh, also can the laptop play 3D games? do you know what the GPU (video card) is installed? if it can may need to check the drivers for it.