Roxxlyy, I think I found a flaw in Daybreak Logic regarding recent suspensions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by narksar, Jan 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Millianna Augur

This is a false statement in this case. It’s straight up old fashioned punishment from a behavioral standpoint. The word “warning” was used by a dev to soften the tone of the conversation.
  2. Millianna Augur

“The players made the choice and they got unexpected punishment for it. Plenty of people didn't even look for an exploit, and some who found it didn't use it. Those people are probably happier with their choices this last week than those who were suspended. It's like that choice made all the difference. Who was in control of that choice again?”

Who’s in control of fixing design flaws prior to launch (especially one they were aware of)?
  3. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

That's possible. I would have been fine with them removing the items that were acquired through this but that is probably harder to determine accurately and would cause more grief for the CS people.
  4. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

You are not guaranteed a bug-free game, and the existence of bugs--regardless of how long they existed--does not grant you permission to use them to go around the intent of the design. It says right in the EULA that YOU agreed to that you are not supposed to try to exploit the game.

If you aren't sure if something is an exploit then don't do it, period. If you really want to do it then contact DBG first for clarification. If you don't want to ask then you probably know what the answer is going to be.
  5. Lily Augur

That's the problem. They don't answer. I've asked several questions multiple times. Both in this forum and in PMs. I've not gotten a single answer.
  6. Intenso Augur

can we suspend everyone who did vp hero without key for the lols ? be about everyone then?
    kizant likes this.
  7. Intenso Augur

they all clearly deserved to be suspended used a bug to their own advantage getting hero done without key
    kizant likes this.
  8. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

The only true way to get an answer is to contact customer service, be it by petition or whatever the best method is. Posting on the forums will rarely get a dev response, PMing them might be more reliable but is no guarantee.

But as a general rule, if you don't get an answer then don't do it. Player advice in those situations might provide some insight though.
  9. kizant Augur

Haha there's zero chance you would get a reply about a bug clarification.
  10. narksar Augur

It is not our responsibility to be paranoid.
  11. Sissruukk Rogue One

This is going to be the last I say about this subject.

First, let me go back to something that I originally said on a different thread that was closed, but was ignored by many of you because you wanted to argue my other points. I believe DBG was wrong in the way they handled this situation. Period. They were heavy handed, and used a sledgehammer to kill a fly. They should have issued a cease and desist warning first, then issued suspensions to anyone caught doing the exploit afterwards. What ended up happening is that they suspended people just for running the mission as well as those that were exploiting the mission. Then they left no real way to redress the wrongful suspensions on those who were not exploiting to have their suspensions overturned. This was unprofessional and should have been handled with a lot more care.

Second, I still stand by what I have said, directed toward those that chose to exploit. You made the choice to break the EULA, and by doing so, you not only got yourselves suspended, you caused others to get suspended as well that were innocent of doing nothing more than running the mission. You claim that your actions did not cause harm, but they did. Argue as you may, you are not going to persuade me that your actions were justified if you chose to intentionally exploit.

Fin.
    Dewhead likes this.
  12. Intenso Augur

they ones who exploited the raids are the winners no loot removed lol
  13. Intenso Augur

exploiters 1 daybreak 0 ?
  14. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Your actions are your responsibility. How much effort you make to ensure that those actions don't bring you trouble is up to you. Which is why I suggest caution. Feel free to ignore my suggestion, it's your choice, and it doesn't really affect me if you make a bad choice.
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

The suspensions were a warning and a penalty. They were warning that they take this abuse of a game mechanic very seriously (now). Not sure about the confusion something can be a warning and a penalty at the same time. The warning was this is something we could ban you for in the future. They got off with a suspension. (never mind the fact that if they had banned this many people for this it would have devastated raiding guilds at least for the short term) and not a ban.

This is all completely separate from the fact that the problem should have been identified and fixed before the expansion went live and it was necessary to give out this warning/penalty.
  16. Millianna Augur

The only one confused is you. By definition, the suspensions that were handed out were considered punishment by a behavioral standpoint. If you are trying to measure something you need use a definition that provides quantifiable data. The word “warning” was used to soften the tone of conversation.

And it is important, because they shouldn’t punish players for their own design errors they new existed prior to RoS going live.
  17. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Why do you have this obsession with refuting the concept that something can have more than one meaning? Apples can be both beautiful and delicious at the same time. They aren't always both, or either, but the properties are not mutually exclusive.

A punitive action is nearly always a warning. In the case of a ban, or the death-penalty, it's really only a warning to others, but it's still a warning. In the case of a suspension it is a warning not to do it again and that the consequences could have been worse. You seem to think that warnings can only be given without consequences, but that's just the least punishing version of a warning.
  18. kizant Augur

A punitive action is an action involving punishment. Nothing more. Words given context do not have more than one meaning. Beautiful and delicious are not meanings. They are adjectives. Warning is a noun.
  19. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Fine, let me clarify. An apple can be a fruit and a snack at the same time. It's always a fruit, and only sometimes a snack, but being one doesn't negate the other. Maybe a bomb is a better example. Bombs are used to attack something, but sometimes the attack is also meant as a warning.
  20. kizant Augur

Why stop there? If you think players are about to get out of hand just start banning people at random. Consider it a preemptive attack which we all know is an act of self defense...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.