Quality of Life wishes and dreams. What would you want?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Bamboompow Augur

This^

Pretty much sums it all up. Life, the Universe and Everything. At least as far as EQ goes.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Still waiting for that Grow clicky.
    Nniki, Tucoh and Bigstomp like this.
  3. Bigstomp Augur

Please!
  4. Mortium Elder

If your current mob is on target and in LOS, a marker on the map where it is located. Lord knows I run around like a headless chicken trying to find mobs in raids, especially when the current raid style is more of a dance dance revolution contest than a spank and tank style contest.

Fast camp in Guild Hall

Wizard/Druid mass TL to bind point

Why has trash started spawning in raid instances again? Waste of time for mobs trivial to a raid force.
  5. IblisTheMage Augur

Tracking
    Feedback should not be text-based in a scrolling window, it should be graphical. I don't think it should be an x on the map, I think it should be a cone-shaped icon, that turns more green when you are facing the mob, more yellow when off to the sides, grey when not tracking anyone. The cone varies in size based on distance to mob (small: far away, "scent is weak", gets larger when approaching)

Also, make a de-preferred list, so that I can stop tracking all the monsters I am not interested in. Default is a checkmark "on" for each mob, but it can be clicked off, at which point, all mobs of that type are hidden from the track interface. That way I can "learn" a zone, and configure my track window to my preference.

New AA
    Focused Tracking - Unlocks the de-preferred list
    Improved Tracking - Allows the tracker to track mobs that are not spawned (must be a perfectly matched text string). Also unlocks the graphical
    Attentive Tracker - Each rank gives 10% chance that the tracker will be notified if a mob that the tracker is tracking with Improved Tracking spawns or comes within range.
    Concurrent tracker: The tracker can get Attentive Tracker notifications on 2 mobs.
    Bloodhound: each rank increases the trackers tracking range
  6. Moege Augur

The renowned tinkered has the answer to all little problems Anizok's Maximizing Device*. Buy now while stocks last. Results** guaranteed*** !

* Use at own risk
    ** Recurring fee
    *** To a certain size
  7. Mortium Elder

Oh heres one, it's huge.....

The ability to stay logged in to the ****ing forums! Hate having to log in each and every single time.

No other forum I use has this logout feature :(
    Anglesy, Meteon, svann and 1 other person like this.
  8. Koryu Professional Roadkill

I'll see your 8 second cast time item that requires recharging, and raise you:
    Demagnifying Glass (1 second, infinite charges)
    Earring of Diminutiveness (0.3 seconds, infinite charges)
    Humanoid Reductionizer (0.5 seconds, infinite charges)
    Ring of the Ancients (0.5 seconds, infinite charges)
    Shimmering Bauble of Trickery (1 second, infinite charges)

The only similar clicky for a Grow type spell that I know of is Zavitar's Ale of Intimidation, and it's got an hour long cooldown.
  9. Zaph Augur

10. Moege Augur

After you used you super dooper shrinkers then come back and buy the amazing maximizing device, sure it needs some preparation but the results is what counts !

For those not fluent in gnomespeak, maximizing device is grow, the linked clicky's is all shrinkers. Puzzled why they were even mentioned...
  11. SuperTwink New Member

Some way to get a full parse of a raid event from the server side. Could be a button on the DZ window that you click to download an individual log file, or an NPC you hail after the chest spawns. It would have all the damage that all mobs in the raid took but from "their" point of view so range of parser and other issues wouldn't matter.

I swear every raid you get 10 peoples parses with 4 different leaders in DPS and none of them are accurate.

Bonus points if you can report all the spells cast by PCs in the instance as well.
  12. Drogba Augur

You can carry around stacks of philter of the titan, but yeah.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and eepok like this.
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

No string bets, please!
  14. Bamboompow Augur

Veto on this.

Its an idea with merit, but knowing the player base of this game, something like this would be very easily used for evil.

Plus its just that much more spreadsheet-a-zation of this game where number hungry data addicts suck all the fun out of the game and reduce it to being a TPS report.. Current 3rd party log parsers are enough for arbitrary rankings/e-phallus/disciplinary action etc. Let the devs have exclusive access to the real data. They would probably have more beneficial use for it, for what its worth. Plus more data transfer from server to client will put more load on the already laggy system.

If you really want to get a better ball park, have everyone parse and then average the results.
  15. Risiko Augur

I like this a lot.

What would be nice if is you could turn the log on and off with the following commands:
    • /SoloDpsTrack on / off
    • /GroupDpsTrack on / off
    • /RaidDpsTrack on / off
    Scenario Example:
    1. Type /GroupDpsTrack on
    2. Go through some fights with the group
    3. Type /GroupDpsTrack off
    4. Open DPS Track window
    5. Click Group tab
    6. Get a list of tracked dps sessions for group (if you have tracked any)
    7. Click on one of the session
    8. Get a DPS report similar to Gamparse
  16. kizant Augur

How about they make it so you can turn it off? It was a good idea and it would be far more helpful and accurate than trying to piece together what everyone is capturing. Especially considering some aren't able to due to lag or even know how. I know it's a sticking point with some people but it is a good thing to try and play better not an evil thing.
  17. fransisco Augur

reasonable exp rates in RoS
  18. IblisTheMage Augur

hummm.

Serverside logging could perhaps be done like this:
    • When a mob dies or loose aggro (wipe, memblur, etc) a link is sent to the toon(s) that previously had aggro
    • This link persists for 24 hours, and contains all mob-relevant events from aggro start to aggro end
    • If it is necessary to drive this with the benefit of reduced traffic, perhaps something like this could be devised: Only state changes (every 0.1 sec?) and summaries (every 3 sec?) are sent to the client real time, which might reduce traffic. But I know nothing about this...
    But is this really necessary? What part of the game would be more fun? Would this damage immersion?
  19. Risiko Augur

I honestly said the same thing about the Aggro Meter when it was put in. I was like, "why do we need this... if we play correctly, we don't need to know if we are getting close to taking agro." What I didn't realize is that the agro meter can be effectively used to learn how to play better. It's a good learning tool.

I see a server-side version of GamParse to be a very useful tool for learning how to play your character better as well as your guild to use to learn how to more effectively handle new raid encounters.

Basically, it's a tool. You either use it or you don't.
  20. IblisTheMage Augur

Epic
    • Class specific quests that updates the Epic to current expansion. Nothing too creative, an update that makes the epic scale to level (easier for some than for others). Might require nerfs to stuff that scale well enough already...(oh no!)
    • Quests are relatively small and are composed of mostly shared quest elements based on class categories: Tanks, Melee, Hybrid, Priests, Casters
    • Group version, up-gradable to Raid version
    • Should involve a final encounter that requires a really strong group/raid respectively, as well as latest expansion group/raid progression respectively, possibly made easier by some latest expansion group/raid achievements respectively
    • Only available with the DLC that I advocated in an earlier reply, meaning that it is part of the reason to dish out +15 USD midways between expansions. Becomes F2P following regular F2P principles
    • Possibly tie in an AA-sink (who wouldn't pay 1000 AA for an updated Epic? :) )
    Gyurika Godofwar and Dewhead like this.