Test Update 01/09/2018 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Riou EQResource

Anyone can vendor buy their way to 243 Research.

I made the 1st research combine for myself with a skill of around 102 (only failed combine once). The next one i had around 203 skill and succeeded on it.

The only penalty is basically you have to re-get the material and try again.
  2. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

From here it's pretty easyish, just takes a bit a farming. If you have done the Shawl Aug task, use Writing Ink. A common misconception is you must farm caster mobs to get these. The mobs just need to be "humanoid". They drop from Warrior, Monk, Rogue mobs all the time. The other is to farm Binding Powders. This does need to be Castery mobs. Fort Mech is a great place to farm. So many gnomes wandering in packs to punt and slaughter!
    Riou likes this.
  3. Cicelee Augur

Wait. Magician pets are getting IMPROVED?

Has Hell frozen over?
    Ratbo Peep likes this.
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

The pet cheese will once again flow like wine? I’m excited.
  5. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

The first rule about Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club! Now some angry tank is going to start another anti-pet crusade just to make others miserable.
    Ratbo Peep likes this.
  6. kizant Augur

It's about time Mages got some upgrades. They're on the bottom of the totem poll. Down there with druids. Hopefully, they do something to help druids more next. Maybe better mana regen or something. Those dots are expensive!
  7. Koryu Professional Roadkill

If we should start a crusade, it ought to be over how useless defensive skills are in raids and how our aggro-locking AAs still aren't being upgraded for current content.
  8. High Voltage Augur

Can't even tell what's worse - your assumtions or your conclusions.
  9. Xegrogue New Member

Is rogue’s fury fixed to actually be extended to 2 minutes like it says?
  10. Angahran Augur

UI:

You updated <TextColor>, any chance of doing the same for <TabTextColor> and <TabTextActiveColor> ?

Also, when are the additional 100 trader slots going active (along with the 20 slot trader bags) ?
    They've been in the ui code for several expansions now.
  11. Angahran Augur

How about /outputfile missingrecipes that outputs missing recipes that increase your skill above 300 ?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  12. Angahran Augur

1) removed this from every file (I had to update 51 files for my UI).

Code:
    <TextColor>
    <R>255</R>
    <G>255</G>
    <B>255</B>
    </TextColor>

2) also remove this...
    Code:
    <TabTextColor>
    <R>255</R>
    <G>255</G>
    <B>255</B>
    </TabTextColor>

3) and finally this (if there are any)
    Code:
    <TabTextColorActive>
    <R>255</R>
    <G>255</G>
    <B>255</B>
    </TabTextColorActive>

The important part is that all three color codes have to be the default of 255.
    Anything else is not 'default' and so stays.

What would be good would be if the default ui would use the 'button draw template' feature that was added quite some time ago, possible years.

e.g. this is in the default EQUI_Inventory.xml
    Code:
    <ButtonDrawTemplate>
    <Normal>A_RecessedBox</Normal>
    <NormalDecal>A_RadiantCrystal</NormalDecal>
    </ButtonDrawTemplate>

and this is in my UI, EQUI_Inventory.xml
    Code:
    <Template>BDT_RadiantCrystal</Template>

with 'BDT_RadiantCrystal' defined in EQUI_Templates.xml
    Code:
    <ButtonDrawTemplate item="BDT_RadiantCrystal">
    <Normal>A_RecessedBox</Normal>
    <NormalDecal>A_RadiantCrystal</NormalDecal>
    </ButtonDrawTemplate>

13. Ratbo Peep Augur

Rangers really need a good trip under the "mana regen microscope" as well. Half our DPS is spells, and our spells eat a good amount of mana. It's like it's presumed to be mounted 100% of the time - and we all know that's precluded in many, many, encounters.
    And to echo the other Rangers; The increased ranks of "headshot" AA, are not giving any of the promised damgage boost in the AA description.
    Rat
  14. Ratbo Peep Augur

I suspect you'll find that the boost in the level of the Enchanter Pet relative to Enchanter, served to highlight the fact that all the pets, most notably the "pet focus" classes, were stagnated to the point of "unacceptability". 10-1 you'll find in this patch, that the Pet classes (finally) got a better balance relative not only to the game today - but to each other as well.
    -R
  15. Kinadorm Augur

Do the rewards also scale appropriately? I would like to see it possible to select what level HA you want instead of them scaling to the highest level player in the group. That makes things a bit unbalanced if you have a 110 with a bunch of lower level characters.

It also makes it difficult to go back and kill named in older HA's if they keep scaling to the highest level. Maybe either scale to the group average or make it where instead of automatically scaling you select what level of HA you want with the rewards adjusted appropriately.

If you have a negative amount of experience on your merc right now how does this fix that or what happens when this goes live? To me it looks like the merc has not only not gained exp but actually has an exp deficit now to dig out of.
    Vexana_Lanys and Yinla like this.
  16. Tanols Augur

Drop rate for Conflagrant Ore in OT does appear lower than it is in other locations. Other than that, the drop rates are fine on Conflagrant Silk and Ore. Issue is people not focusing on killing the right models of mobs to farm the materials, and an extraordinary high demand for them this early in the expansion. Unless of course it is your intent to have everyone running around in complete sets of player made armors within the first month of expansion release.
    To fix drop rates for Kunark Conflagrant Powder all that needs to be done is add it to forage tables.
  17. Aftkings New Member

Can anyone confirm if this fix generally addresses the blank quest reward windows?
    - Fixed a bug with some reward sets failing to offer experience for level 106+ players (ex. the tasks offered by Master Hunter Jilare in Shard's Landing.)
  18. svann Augur

It seems to me that slime (used for kunark smoothie) is also too low a drop rate. Ive got 2 so far since release, and I play alot.
    Ssdar, Xeladom and Jhenna_BB like this.
  19. Imak Augur

^^ this.

I have made stacks of Kunark Meat Pie -- ingredients are plentiful enough.
    I have made a whole 4 Smoothies. wru hiding Slime?
  20. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

Agreed on the slime drop rate is way too low!