Quality of Life wishes and dreams. What would you want?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Jan 8, 2018.

1. IblisTheMage Augur

Better reach, part of the gameplay?
  2. Daedly Augur

A system gives players the ability to tune merc behavior/AI as we see fit. With a base tune for those that wouldn't want to get involved with it.

Things like when they cast spells and what spells or abilities they use. Essentially make the player responsible for how they act so we can't blame the dev's if we don't like what they are doing. Not sure what it would entail programming wise, but I am sure it would make people who use them happy and maybe reduce the need for developers to tune anythiing other than their stats.
    Risiko likes this.
  3. Smokezz The Bane Crew

• A way to hide all campfires in the zone. Still be able to use them, just hide them visually.
    • Multi invite. Say you have 5 people to invite to your group, you just type /inv p1 p2 p3 p4 p5 and you've just sent out 5 group invites.
    • Cross zone guild invites.
  4. svann Augur

Clean up your room! No, I mean - the eq folder is a mess.
    It would be nice if you could at least put character-important files in a single folder to make it easier to backup.

/userdata
    eqclient.ini
    name_server.ini <---many
    UI_name_server.ini <---many

are the ones I backup alot, plus /myui - but I guess that can stay put. Maybe throw them all in /userdata would make sense? Then I could just copy 1 folder to cloud instead of umpteen files.
  5. gotwar Gotcharms

Greater Mass Enchant: Clay

I think it's time.
    Atlans, CymrilBlade, Sheex and 3 others like this.
  6. Greymantle Augur

Have a seperate folder for each charater's data/info. Ui that they use, all the setups and display defaults and the hotkeys and logs. Make it easier to back up the stuff.

Link track to find, not with the path , but put an X on the map of the mob your tracking.

Allow campfires to be set with just 2 present.

If a mob can hit me, i should be able to hit them without moving inside the visible npc body.
    Fix the annimation for archery so the arrows are coming out of the center of the bow :)
  7. Intenso Augur

be possiblee to make bandilor for slot 5 augs? so can swap them all out for dps or tanking ;p?
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I've only rarely played melee chars, but noticed this even years ago. It's crazy. If the mob model is not noticably larger than players, then if you can hit me, I should be able to hit you.
    Dsuna and DebonAir like this.
  10. Angahran Augur

Fix /copylayout so it includes the sizes for hotbars.
  11. fransisco Augur

Mobs ALWAYS have a larger melee range than players to prevent exploits. There has been situations where a player could stand in a certain spot and be able to hit a mob while it couldn't quite reach the player.
    This will never change
  12. Nudia Augur

/outputfile recipesidontknowyet
  13. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Bandolier leaving weapons you cycle in and out of in the same bag slot they were in when you swapped.
    Chanteren, Sheex, Risiko and 2 others like this.
  14. Dewhead Journeyman

/Agree with all of this.

Filters need so much improvement. The designer of Gamparse posted a great thread a while back and created a jira on the dgcissuetracker.com site but I can find neither now.

Creating/modifying chat filters should be as easy as: Right click on the type of text you want, choose how you want it filtered/what color you want. Saving/loading chat filters should be easier too (similar to copy ui) but that's been asked for a bunch too.
    Zhaunil_AB and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  15. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Did they ever create a filter for DoT DMG / Lich DMG reports? I honestly haven't looked too much lately.
  16. Zaph Augur

Ild be happy with a Z Axis reading on tracking too, above, below, at level
    Gyurika Godofwar, Tatanka and Dewhead like this.
  17. Metanis Bad Company

I'd just like to be able to export all my favorite characters to EQ3.
    eepok likes this.
  18. Phlare New Member

Some thoughts ideas I have had over the last few years (minus anything mentioned above):

• Maps - I've always wished we'd get some basic maps for the new expansion when it goes live rather than relying on downloading them from a third party site. A big thank you to those people who actually take the time to make the maps up for everyone by the way!
    • Housing - They should allow the other 3 guildhall housing plots to be used for something interesting like Arenas (or specialty arenas like a mock up of Unrest). My guild has always done anniversary events that wind up in arena, it would be cool to have one in our housing area. I would expect to pay a good amount of DBC for one of course. If you really wanted people to buy in you could put some testing mobs where people could test how well they tank, dps etc and post high scores for the guild (people love that crap).
    • Facial Features - After all these years it sure would be nice to see players that don't look like clones of each other, a few more hair and face options could add some variety. Could be a good marketplace option.
    • Friends/Ignore - I'd love the ability to add a note to people on the Friends/Ignore list. Sadly, after all these years I have a hard time remembering who some of the names are and why I put them there.
    • Zone Boot After Death vs. Merc Revive - I really wish the time it takes to wait on a players merc to revive wasn't nearly equal to the time it takes before you are booted from zone. Could you delay the zone kick an extra 60 seconds? I can't count the number of times I've been booted just as a merc was brought back, I know usually take the rez and do my waiting in the lobby.
    • Begging/Bind Wound - It's probably meaningless but why why why do these skills go up so high? Treat em like sense heading or cap them at 200, they are all but worthless but if you'd like to get the utility proficiency achievements you'd have to grind them out.
    • Character names - It would be nice to see some of the character names that are unavailable because some players 15+ years ago used them. If an account hasn't logged in in 10 years toss a Z at the end of those character names and open them back up for use. We're really scraping the bottom of the barrel for character names these days.
    • Frenzy Stat - (This probably applies to other melee classes for things like flying kick) Could we add frenzy to some augs/gear so I don't have to hike out to Zeb in the SoD expansion for new ones each time I replace one?
    • 100AA = +1HPE - This is more for players who run out of AA to buy. Add a line of 0/5000 AA that costs 100AA each that will add one hp/mana/end. It would hardly be overpowering and I would consister treating it like a veteran AA with a reuse timer of no more than once a day. Not that I don't love fireworks...
    • Othmir illusion - I've asked before and will probably ask again /nod
  19. Qbert Gallifreyan

I never have this issue in RoS or anywhere else, but then again I play a human character that almost never shrinks and never uses levitate for fighting (I just use it for traveling, when necessary).
  20. Angahran Augur

Option to trade down raid runes to older expansions to get those missing rank 3 spells.