Test Update 01/09/2018 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Huna Journeyman

Did you just get suspended:p
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Not that they told me!
  3. svann Augur

No dont put it back. I was just asking what the purpose is. Less spam is it? Ok, dont listen to me then.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    It would be nice to have a message though that tells when my melody ends. Sometimes my melody ends for no reason. Not a range thing, fizzle doesnt do that, and no stun message. If I got a message saying my melody stopped it would be great.
  4. Prathun Developer

The team is OK with the rate of flagging from Vule in Dreadspire.
    We don't have plans to change it.
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Link gets me:

6. niente Developer

Try this one: Info share on 300+ Tradeskills
    Ishtass and Fanra like this.
  7. Heartland Augur

Did Bob the Cleaner make it back in for testing?
  8. Brudal Augur

9. Cobra011 New Member

IF the COTF HA are you going to scale to current 110 mobs difficulty do you think we can get a new 110 vendors gear to reflect the change in difficulty
    Yinla and svann like this.
  10. Rolaque Ancient

Ok, I rechecked the outputfile recipes for baking against the ones I had learned, based on what was showing in TS containers for baking. This time I found complete consistency between them. So the outputfile appears to be correct.
  11. Espionovsky New Member

Not even talking about grouping, I can 1 shot a lvl 109 mob in CoTF HA, but it takes 10 HS hits to down a 103 sarnak in FM, makes no sense to me that at lvl 110, a mob essentially that gives more XP (with HAs I am counting completion xp due to change a few years back), is that much faster to progress through, I can solo/molo run through 3 HAs in under 30 min, I would rather not have to do that and get similar XP killing random Humanoid mobs in newer content. Perhaps if the damage portion is nothing but just throwing numbers in it, give us a 1 percent increase chance of HS per rank, be far more useful.
  12. Zhaunil_AB Augur

hmm...
    "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."
    Good to have a good explanation somewhere!
    Better if that were accessible too by the ordinary "citizen" ;)
  13. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Well, yes.
    However, all that is being achieved with such posts is to get the lowest common denominator for both - i.e. a nerf.
    You'll never get the lower adjusted to the higher one from such "drives", sadly - even though that's what "common sense" would expect.
  14. jackang New Member

-Heroic Adventure NPCs will now scale more appropriately at higher levels instead of being drastically easier than similarly leveled content.

Really? Easier?
    HA start in CoTF in each zone.
    Lower level player like myself 95 enchanter boxing a 95 mage trying to progress and clear CoTF and TDS etc.

You think it it easy to find people to come help in older expansion?
    finally able to get a 110 mage to come help with our progression task and upon zone in, all mob are blue or white to the 110 mage.
    Cant single pull, pacy dont work on 110 mob, cant mez either.
    But the mob can mez the 110 mage and his pet. In the end gave up on doing.

You guys really don't see a problem with this auto-scale crap?
    by right it should be easier to clear older content with assist by a 110 players.

An older expansion should stay within that expansion level cap.
    with 110 max level, it is starting to show impact and as level cap keep increase as the years goes by, you really dont think this is an issue for players within the level of older expansion?
    Xeladom, Gyurika Godofwar and Yinla like this.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Currently doing HAs at level 100.
    TBM -Demiplane of Life HA - final quest named wipes me, but at least I got exp for the part of the HA I completed, frustrating that with 1 NPC left to kill means I cannot complete the task.
    Bixie quest named has adds through the fight and wipes me.on the last add, thankfully they don't respawn on 2nd try.
    COTF - Dead Hills - Death Peace - Final quest name wipes me, regrouped and after a long fight beat it with beastlord assisting on healing. Not looking forwards to doing the final 3 HAs so I can finish Partisan of Dead Hills, I predict a lot of deaths doing Captain Russell Cooper's HAs.

Can't even get friends in to help as they are all 110 and as soon as one of them zones in the mobs increase level.

Instead of making things harder how about lowering the exp at higher levels?
    Or give us the option to keep the HA at the level we requested it at or increase it to a higher level, don't automatically increase it if just 1 person is a higher level.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I think it is a bad move to make the research tradeskill items no trade.

I know many people (mainly melee) who have not done this skill. If you insist on making these items no drop can you increase the drop rate of research items. They should now be added to the drop tables from all mobs as research is no longer caster restricted.

And can you also please add a research table to the vendors in Sunrise Hills so they can be placed in the guild hall with the other tradeskill containers.
  17. Moege Augur

Have not had time to check so may be redundant.

Some items have 2 or more different combines for it i.e Iron Conduit Large Core (jewelcraft and tinkering)
    Does the output show the different tradeskills or only the 1 recipe ?
  18. Moege Augur

I had some time to play around with it, THANKS !

/outputfile recipes tradeskill file

So much easier finding what you now still need to do.
  19. DINGDONGwitchisdead New Member

I posted this on the appropriate bug thread and didn't receive a response, could this please be addressed?

Spirit of Wood and Peaceful Spirit of Wood should be TGBable, it is no longer able to be cast on other groups. This AA ability is MGBable, which should exclude it from this nerf that was meant to affect melee discs.

"- The majority of activated AA abilities that buff your group can no longer be cast on your target's group using /TGB, with the following exceptions: Group Perfected Levitation, Flight of Eagles, Perfected Dead Men Floating, Communion of the Cheetah, and Talisman of Celerity I. This change does not impact which abilities can be modified by Mass Group Buff."
  20. Lianeb Augur

Does this mean it will be required for the raids also?