Quality of Life wishes and dreams. What would you want?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Jan 8, 2018.

1. fransisco Augur

1. Quests for stuff, not just progression
    2. New player models!
    3. a better interface for making macros
    - using programmable keyboards and such are ok, so it wont introduce new abilties, but it'll make life easier
    4. more sleeping dragons to poke
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

This is something I really miss. Please have more quests reward something. Doesn't have to be BIS stuff, but surely you can think of creative rewards :)

And it doesn't have to be every quest, but there are many achievements ties to series of quests, and I'm surprised by how many of these don't have rewards.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Karhar Dream Crusher

More tools like a banner or campfire for raids, but maybe more like a colored ring or flag that can be set for kill spots vs just campfires and a banner.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

well. While in some places, it may be "too low", it still has to be in an arbitrary spot because players can scale near verticle surfaces. So we still have to stop it at an arbitrary spot that you "could" still climb.

(the one in scorched woods with a building behind it was weird to me... but that zone had many pathing issues, I didn't want to ask the artist to change it again and have to try again to re-path (every geometry change, including invis walls, requires a new pathing pass. It LITERALLY took 4 days each time we tried to re-path that zone. (normal is about 4 hours) (and yes we know the pathing is still weird in that zone) ) )
  5. AnzoRagespirit Augur

That's nothing compared to the fantastic patching of the mobs at the Aug drop mob in gates of Kor'Sha. Two PHs on the bridge okay fine, a total of 5 mobs...craptastic XP, go to pull the PH at ground lvl and some trash mobs for xp and one mob MAGICLY turns into about 12 because the bottom mobs don't know how to climb a ramp, and vis verse.

OH and can we please for the love of all that's holy PLEASE get a Focused Storm of Claws for beastlords. The regular one is great the damage is wonderful but use that on a raid with a bunch of mobs in front of you and watch the chanter, bards, and raid leader scream at you for breaking mez. We got a focused clamor of claws in CoTF. I shouldn't have to STILL be using this at this point of the game. There is absolutely NO reason why we can't get a single target form of this discipline. Rangers get focused arrows/blades almost ever expansion. Why hate on us BST so much.
  6. Alundis New Member

I would love to see any of the following. I'm sure they've all been suggested before.
    • Consolidation of augmentation distillers. Having 21 types is excessive.
    • The ability to request any tradeskill trophy quest regardless of your skill in the tradeskill.
    • An increase of the bazaar price cap of 2 million pp, or the option to price items in an alternate currency such as nobles. (Perhaps a quest NPC could be added that would exchange nobles for pp, to avoid transaction costs.)
    • Automatic destruction of LDON and heroic mission quest items upon termination of the missions.
  7. Raccoo Augur

I've found that clicking a spellgem to try to cast while toggling the duck key will fix that bug for me.

https://i.imgur.com/QH91erT.png
    [IMG]

I pull the mobs down from the bridge at the far end from the ramp. They seem to like jumping down from there better, and bring less adds.

My list of wishes:
    1) A smaller version of the map that can stay up constantly so I can see what is close to me on the map. Yet still have the ability to pull the bigger map up to check the full zone.
    2) Better range for seeing DPS on mobs. Maybe toggleable so players that have issues with it can turn it off.
    3) Something to make it easier to put summoned gear onto pets. Either have them able to cast on them, and automatically put it on them, or increase the slots NPCs have to give more gear at a time (instead of four pieces at a time). Personally would love to not have to open up bags into my inventory since a lot of the times all my bags are full.
    4) Someway to collect collectibles better. Either able to stack them as I collect like a currency, or special bags or boxes for houses or banks. I've started using houses to try to organize and save them.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Daedly like this.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Thought of another one.... something that appears on the mob, in it's name, a glow, anything, that tells me it sees through my invis, so I don't have to sit there and con every single mob in range.
  9. kizant Augur

I want a /hide command that lets me hide other players based on race/character model. Something so I never have to see a cat person or drakkin again.
    Metanis and Raltar like this.
  10. YellowBelly Augur

Pet inventory so you can see what it has equipped. I know it gets asked for a lot but just throwing it out there again.
    Chanteren, eepok, mmats and 1 other person like this.
  11. Brohg Augur

I share your dissatisfaction with the prevalence of bowl-shaped EQ zones

My preference is for broad zone lines as Freeport/Commonlands, in those places without clear geographic choke points. Passing from Skyfire to Scorched Woods should happen when you enter the line of burnt-up trees along the south border, that kinda thing. A natural transition into the next zone's environment

A message on the screen could appear as you approach the line "ahead lies the charred remains of a one-great forest", or some such. Any enemies in tow stop following and instead hurl insults and ranged attacks if they have them, until you actually cross
  12. kizant Augur

Spell consolidation. For starters, delete the following Wizard spells and discontinue associated spell lines:
    Thricewoven Capacity
    Virnax's Pyroblade
    Lure of Qunard
    Lure of Travenro
    Cortexfreeze
    Lightning Tempest
    Brohg, Renotaki and Chanteren like this.
  13. Nylrem Augur

For the love of all Norrathian Gods, please make some way to sell in baz WHILE playing a toon on that account. EQ2 style selling, or something.
    Thundersnake and Meteon like this.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

As long as all males are barbarian with no shirts!
    Mintalie likes this.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Wishes I have a few
    New expansion going to Drinal - its about time we saw Norraths other moon. :)
    AE TLs to my bind, also to my 2nd and 3rd binds.
    Wizard & Druid ports to anywhere the guild portal can port to, including the guild banner.
    More debuff/dot slots on NPCs - failing that consolidation of debuffs players cast. ie chanters tash and cripple, shaman malo and slow. druids ice & fire
    And stop adding more spell lines that take up a debuff slot
    Necros dot revamp, just so they can complain about it and not that it isn't done yet. :)
    The ability to request different levels of HAs. If at level 100 I find the level 100 HA too hard, I should be able to request the level 95 one, for a reduced reward. Some of those HAs really do not scale well at lower levels. Scaling to level average would be nice instead of to the highest level.
  16. Xorsazis Augur

UI scaling to make it friendlier for 4k displays. Or the ability to change text size in the options.

While Windows scaling works, it destroys the functionality of Synergy/Multiplicity so long as EQ is using it. I've spent countless hours rebuilding the UI to be more readable, and things like buff counter and durations are super tiny and not changable.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Risiko like this.
  17. Mookus Augur

An aug remover on the vendors for type3 augs. Make it cost as much as a new type3, just save me the legwork.
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

So far I like the suggestions to make the text size bigger on the default UI and the quests for stuff, not just progression.
  19. Angahran Augur

Something I've noticed a lot in this expansion.
    When you pull a mob back to camp, you stop and turn to start beating it up.
    It stops just outside of melee range, EVERY SINGLE TIME, while quite happily beating the heck out of you while you have to maneuver to get in range.
    Thundersnake, Dsuna, DebonAir and 5 others like this.
  20. Angahran Augur

Clicky similar to the fellowship one that ports you to the guild banner with a short refresh.

Split critical message filter into 'Mine' and 'Others'.
    Preferably have each individual message filterable (to screen&log, to screen only, to log only, hide) and to whichever window you want. If you want you criticals in one window, your pets in another, everyone elses in another, maybe spell criticals and melee criticals and discipline criticals in three different windows ?

And please, please get rid of 'other' as a category!

p.s. remove 'No Storage' and 'No Destroy' tags!
    Yinla likes this.