Test Update 01/09/2018 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Astinox Journeyman

Saw no mention of the Glyph of Arcane Secrets line being scaled up for 106 - 110 spells. Is this going to happen, or is it not intended to be used past 105?
  2. Telkiney Elder

The change is to address how easy CoTF HAs are at 110. Are you 110 in RoF T1 raid gear? If so I'd recommend checking out maybe The Broken Mirror HA content to gear up, then gear up in EoK group content. CoTF HAs should not hold any significant upgrades for you Manifested Etheric (CoTF Tier 2 group armor) is like 200 hp lower per piece than Gelid armor (RoF T1 raid)
  3. JacLuc Lorekeeper

I think this has to do with the fact that a lot of Beastlord gear has bonuses for kick, not round kick or the new monk skills we have now. We need some itemization that gives bonuses to these skills.
  4. Axxius Augur

There are still no changes to it on Test with this patch. We can only hope it's a bug and not intended.
    Smokezz likes this.
  5. AB_H'Sishi Augur

Thanks alot :) .
  6. Daedly Augur

I have some of the new RoS player made stuff, but I just started doing EoK HA's for gear. From my understanding of the patch notes, the intent is to bring HA scaling so that they are representative of other mobs at their level. As such that a lvl 110 HA will have mob difficulty comparable to RoS mobs. Meaning, it wouldn't matter the expansion that the HA is in, but depend on what level the HA scaled to. Which would mean mobs with a similar difficulty of those in RoS, buf with loot and currency of only its host expansion. Though, I could be wrong.
  7. klanderso Developer

A default text color was added to the base XML. Any text that color (white) was removed from the individual XML files because reassigning things to the same value repeatedly is gross.
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I will absolutely consider (strongly) this, but it won't make this patch.

Because it's a test of *your* skills, not a test of how much work you can get your friends to do/what you can buy.
    Risiko, Ratbo Peep, Sancus and 4 others like this.
  9. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I'm hoping they aren't taking high amounts of Heroic Dex stacking too much into account for the damage Headshot is doing (or not doing depending on your perspective). It would be just another punishing design to groupers - as if RoS wasn't punishing enough to groupers.
  10. Gialana Augur

I haven't done the Gribble HAs at level 110, but the other CotF HAs I've done at level 110 do not seem much easier than they were at level 105 or 100. They're actually even more difficult than they were before the pre-RoS tank nerfs.
    My group even wiped once on Late Checkout at level 110 and barely made it through the final mob the second time. I fear that if they increase both the mob hps and DI distribution to equal RoS mobs, then many of these HAs will no longer be doable. I guess we'll see.
  11. Rolaque Ancient

"Added the /outputfile recipes command. This command prints recipes of the specified tradeskill that qualify you for greater than 300 skill bonuses to a file."

Exactly what is this file showing?
    For instance, my current baking skill is 321/350. I did /outputfile recipes baking. The file is a list of 300 recipes, some of which I have already learned, some which I have not learned, and other recipes names which aren't on my working spreadsheet at all.

What is this file supposed to show, so I can tell if the command is working correctly or not? Or what if the information is useable for getting to level 350 in baking?
  12. niente Developer

RecipeID RecipeName (as shown when you learn it and search in a TS container). Only for recipes which you have learned that qualify you for the > 300 TS bonus.

Can you give an example of a recipe that your character knows, but you think you shouldn't know it? I can check, but it's likely that recipe was taught to you by a quest, book, etc. or you just forgot about it. It does, in fact, count towards the bonus. Hope that answers your question
  13. Boze TLP complaint factory

Regular Kick still outperforms Round Kick + Feral Swipe, rendering both Round Kick and the Feral Swipe AA line useless.
    Edit: This is true for at least the early ranks (levels 70-75), don't know about live.
  14. svann Augur

What is the point of this change? Ive always wanted to remove the message that shows when one song ends so as to begin the next one in the melody. Then I could make an audio trigger to tell me when a song gets interrupted by a fizzle or stun. But this change wont do that afaict.
  15. draginn Elder

Didn't see the fix for AA increase for the missing AA for us to get Form of def lvl 27 from the raid rings.
  16. Zhaunil_AB Augur

So am i about right with the following then:
    All recipes (e.g. EQTraders trivial list) MINUS quest_recipes MINUS what this file lists IS (roughly) the recipes i need to learn yet for 350?
  17. niente Developer

I can put it back if you want. This is what the messaging looks like otherwise:

[Tue Dec 19 02:41:06 2017] Kluane begins to sing a song. <Arcane Ballad Rk. II> <-- begin cast
    [Tue Dec 19 02:41:10 2017] Kluane's song ends. <-- end cast
    [Tue Dec 19 02:41:13 2017] Kluane begins to sing a song. <Arcane Ballad Rk. II>
    [Tue Dec 19 02:41:16 2017] Kluane's song ends.
    [Tue Dec 19 02:41:16 2017] Kluane begins to sing a song. <Arcane Ballad Rk. II>
    [Tue Dec 19 02:41:19 2017] Kluane's song ends.
    [Tue Dec 19 02:41:19 2017] Kluane begins to sing a song. <Arcane Ballad Rk. II>
    [Tue Dec 19 02:41:22 2017] Kluane's song ends.
    [Tue Dec 19 02:41:22 2017] Kluane begins to sing a song. <Arcane Ballad Rk. II>
    [Tue Dec 19 02:41:24 2017] Kluane's song ends.
    [Tue Dec 19 02:41:27 2017] Kluane begins to sing a song. <Travenro's Song of Suffering Rk. II>
    [Tue Dec 19 02:41:30 2017] Kluane's weapons are tinged with the sound of suffering.
    [Tue Dec 19 02:41:30 2017] Kluane's song ends abruptly. <-- "fizzle"
    [Tue Dec 19 02:41:30 2017] Kluane begins to sing a song. <Arcane Ballad Rk. II> <-- attempt 1
    [Tue Dec 19 02:41:30 2017] Kluane begins to sing a song. <Arcane Ballad Rk. II> <-- attempt 2
    [Tue Dec 19 02:41:33 2017] Kluane's song ends.
    [Tue Dec 19 02:41:33 2017] Kluane begins to sing a song. <Storm Blade>
    [Tue Dec 19 02:41:36 2017] Kluane's song ends.
    [Tue Dec 19 02:41:46 2017] Kluane begins to sing a song. <Travenro's Song of Suffering Rk. II>
    [Tue Dec 19 02:41:48 2017] Kluane's weapons are tinged with the sound of suffering.
    [Tue Dec 19 02:41:48 2017] Kluane's song ends abruptly. <-- "fizzle"
    [Tue Dec 19 02:41:48 2017] Kluane begins to sing a song. <Arcane Ballad Rk. II> <-- attempt 1
    [Tue Dec 19 02:41:48 2017] Kluane begins to sing a song. <Arcane Ballad Rk. II> <-- attempt 2
    [Tue Dec 19 02:41:52 2017] Kluane's song ends.

On your own client, you do not see a "Your song ends abruptly." message (as in, you didn't before this change), that message is only visible to other players. The fizzle message is in tact (You miss a note, bringing your song to a close!) Stun message is in tact (You are stunned!)

Edit: The "fizzle"s above aren't really fizzles, they occur due to something in /melody, TBD
  18. niente Developer

Good explanation here: Tradeskills - Skill up rate
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Can you please take into consideration the named when doing your scaling. The loot will not be the equivalent of similar leveled content and therefore should not be as annoying as ROS NPCs, especially the 3 quest from Captain Russell Cooper in Dead Hills.
    Clearing a Path
    Excavating an Answer

The Descending Tower
    These missions were always rough.

Can you also bare in mind the aim of HAs when they were introduced were to have something that was doable with 2 real players and 2 mercs, later changed to 3 real players and 3 mercs. Currently 110 mercs are not as effective as they were at 105.

Personally I'd prefer to be able to get the level 105 instance and not get as much exp and be able to kill the named without wiping, its not like the loot will be any use at level 110.

Also some of the quest named in TBM HAs are a lot harder to beat at level 110 than they were at level 105.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

EverQuest Forums - Error
    You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Cannot use that link.