Hortulanus Cryolex in Overthere

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

How to write to your congressman
  2. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

When did they say it was ok to flip missions while still receiving the chest at the end? Flipping HA's to spawn a named or collectables is not the same as flipping missions to loot chest rewards, which is why they are not treated the same.
  3. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

30 pages of salt....
    Sheex likes this.
  4. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

They never said you could do this. You are either being disingenuous, or as I pointed out before, stupid. You can drop a task and get it again as many times as you want, that isn't the exploit. Dropping the task before looting the chest, because it gives a different result than dropping the task AFTER looting the chest, provides an opportunity to exploit a hole in the system.

You obviously didn't get banned, hooray for not being a cheater, but why are you defending these actions? They are clearly subversive in both intent and function.
    Elricvonclief and Tarvas like this.
  5. Millianna Augur

You are wrong - they said that instances were designed with people dropping them and getting them again. This was after the lockout timer was added at the end of CoTF beginning of TDS.
  6. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Ok, I'm going with the latter of my two assessments, there may be no hope for you. Reread what I posted. Focus on the bold part, analyze the underlined parts. Yes, you can drop them and get them again, nobody is saying you can't. But on this mission there was a way to drop it and get it again and still gain more than you usually would gain for doing so. Nobody drops a task before it's complete if they intend to complete it. A bunch of people just got suspended because they should have known better, but they chose poorly.
  7. Millianna Augur

Is it the customer fault that the content was poorly designed? DBG new about the issue prior to launch. There wasn’t any reason it was in the live. Since we are err WERE allowed to flip instances, there’s no reason for suspensions.
  8. feeltheburn Augur

kinda like saying a law poorly enforced should make breaking it ok.
  9. Febb Augur

A normal customer knows how the instance system works and its intended design. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do it.

People who usually take advantage of these design flaws generally do not follow the rules when flaws are found. They exploit them to their advantage and then claim the victim card when they are caught.
    Elricvonclief, DruidCT and Newb Tank like this.
  10. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

You seem to be unable to recognize the distinction between flipping an instance for collectibles or named spawns, and flipping an instance for a normally unattainable portion of the completion reward. Until you can do that you will never understand what happened here and why it makes sense.
  11. Millianna Augur

Flipping an instance is flipping an instance- there’s no difference. DBG never said you can flip instances until it’s convenient for us to suspend you.
  12. Millianna Augur

You cannot make assumptions on what DBG intended since they knew about the issue prior to launch and left in the game at launch and made no statements.
  13. Millianna Augur

They said we can flip instances. If they didn’t want use to do it, then they would have made it so we get locked out upon zoning.
  14. Newb Tank Not so Newb

Do you really believe it was convenient for them to suspend people?
  15. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

The RESULT is the difference. You get collection items and potential named pops on any instance flip, this is expected. You DO NOT get the final chest reward of a mission on an instance flip. People found a way to make that happen without the lockout, they got suspended for it.

You can say there is no difference but that doesn't make it true, it just means you are lacking the intellectual resources to realize the difference. I'm sorry you don't get it, I really am. I've explained it in excruciating detail at this point, but you keep glazing over the distinction between the situations.
    Elricvonclief, Tarvas and Newb Tank like this.
  16. Millianna Augur

Please site sources where you find that can flip instances EXCEPT... it doesn’t exist. There’s no difference in flipping instances
  17. feeltheburn Augur

you really are special arent you?
    Elricvonclief, Thrillho and Tarvas like this.
  18. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Please cite the sources of DBG listing potential future exploits that could happen if old code was used in new ways? Well of course that doesn't exist, how could it? They did put in the EULA that you shouldn't try to exploit bugs in the system if you find them. It doesn't say that if they've been there a while then it makes it ok, so that pretty much covers it.

The point is we aren't supposed to be trying to game the system. You keep asking basically this, "how do I know where the line is? they must state exactly where the line is or there is no line." That is not how it works. The people who did this knew the chest was part of a completion reward. They knew that accessing the chest gave them loot and a lockout. They knew that dropping the task AT THAT SPECIFIC POINT gave them the chest loot and not the lockout. They should have known that was over the line.

I wouldn't say that they should have expected to be suspended over it, but they shouldn't have been surprised either. Going forward I think people will take that stuff a little more seriously, which is entirely the point. Feel free to ignore my detailed points and ask me another stupid question, it's what you were going to do anyway...
    Elricvonclief, feeltheburn and Sheex like this.
  19. feeltheburn Augur

[IMG]
    Elricvonclief and Sheex like this.
  20. Febb Augur

I don't need to make assumptions as I know how the instance system works based off years and years of running them and writing guides on how to run missions. Just because certain missions were poorly designed doesn't mean that's how they intended how they should be ran.