Shadowknight dominated by Mage and Beastlord pets.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Soulsiphon, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Drogba Augur

The suspensions outrage me as a gamer and consumer, but that doesn't mean i participated. I was having fun doing other stuff. But that's a subject for another thread
  2. Tucoh Augur

I think mag/nec/bst pets should be buffed until we regularly get serious threads from player tanks saying they're getting out-tanked by pets.

As it stands now watching groups around pet classes work to single pull a mob and then carefully grinding them down while I sloppily wing an arrow at groups of mobs and tank whatever comes in my EoK grouped geared warrior makes me feel for pet classes.
    UncleUms and IblisTheMage like this.
  3. noclue Elder

Methinks you need to stop using the hallucinogens while playing.
  4. gotwar Gotcharms

Please wait until all 7 of the Shissar have spawned before you start dps'ing them omg.

+ SK's OP.

edit: posting in a troll thread lolz
  5. IblisTheMage Augur

I think the OP’s title is a bit too explicit. Probably a google search gone wrong...
  6. UncleUms Journeyman

My SK is in group gear only, and I am tanking T2 RoS mobs just fine with a group geared group. I don't see any issues with SKs at all and I have a mage that I regularly play with. I out tank his pet %100 of the time.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Sheex likes this.
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

9. DomeGuy23 New Member

We've had some fun at the op's expense, but let me add a data point. Not a complaint, just a data point.

Group PAL, geared in TBM stuff with a smattering of EoK gear. Don't play a lot lately, but have been playing EQ off and on for many years. I box an Enchanter in about the same gear and a Mage that has even worse gear.

At 106, the old (104) Mage pet could tank anything I didn't need all discs to handle. It was more survivable than the PAL on most mobs in RoS.

PAL and Mage are both 109 now, and this remains to be true with the 109 earth pet. As I level, and my gear starts to improve (got a few RoS items now) I'm getting closer. PAL gets smacked down by single mobs a fair bit, and I have not had that happen to the earth pet.

Once again, not complaining. I understand that I am undergeared and expect to have a problem tanking modern content until I fix that.
  10. shiftie Augur

All I see is a bunch of dead mobs drogba, hook me up with a skyreach
  11. fransisco Augur

So your paladin is still in mainly TBM stuff with a few EoK items and 1 or 2 RoS items?

You are woefully undergeared.
    Plus, when making the expansion, pets vs tanks were balanced assuming both had gear from that expansion. You are wearing alot of gear from 2 expansions ago (and EoK gear jump was HUGE).
  12. YellowBelly Augur

13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Well played sir. I actually went back and forth about 5 times on that thread, trying to decide if it was serious or not. The tie in with your post on this thread was the icing on the cake!

/salute
  14. tnot Elder

Thats not a data point, its an anecdote. A data point is a parse that can be reproduced.

Youre boxxing 3 characters, if you expect hitting a couple social buttons will present a comparable performnce to a dedicated playrr you are sorely mistake, furthermore, you are undergeared.
  15. Marquele Scholar

Thank you Drogba.
    Don't nerf my pets.
  16. DomeGuy23 New Member

Fransisco,
    Thanks. No one else in the thread had mentioned how pets vs. tanks were intended to be balanced. Do you have info on what the intent is? I would suspect that a properly group geared tank should out mitigate and out survive a mage pet. I can demonstrate that a "woefully undergeared" tank does not :) (again, not complaining).

By the way, the PAL is my main, and I mash social buttons on the boxes. That said, the boxing does take away from the PAL's performance compared to when I am not boxing.
  17. fransisco Augur

Unfortunately, tanks like all melees are kinda button mashy.
    No one knows exactly how tanks vs pets are supposed to shake out (The devs never give details on 1 class vs another), but its not hard to infer due to long standing patterns.

A group geared tank who is played (not one of several bots) utterly destroys a pet. A group geared tank who uses no abilities, no disciplines, using 2h stance, and mainly just stands there won't not out tank a pet. But that shouldn't be a surprise. Tanks should be expected to use their abilities.

One important thing to remember is that tanking is SOO much more than simply taking damage from a single target.
    Responsive agro, managing multiple mobs, adds, positioning - these are all things a player tank does. A pet does none of those.

I agree with boxing taking away a tanks performance. I sometimes play a pal with my mage, and my paladin's performance definitely decreases - and thats with only 1 box
  18. Repthor Augur

I think we should nerf pet, not cuz they deserv it or are op. But becoz it makes everybody feel right at home with where the direction the game. So becoz of that nerf mage pets only kkthx.

And nerf sks, pal, war and rangers to cuz why not(yes even more)
  19. Bahdah Augur

My hair was so off that day, Hope Sheex didn't see that

-#GetRidOfPetsandMERCS /duck
  20. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Bahdah my friend, welcome back. Did you get hat hair while playing golf on your recent involuntary vacation sir? <3
    Bahdah likes this.