Quality of Life wishes and dreams. What would you want?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Dahaman Augur

Two easy things to code change:

- have a toggle option to stop the screen from jerking violently when playing 1st player mode when you swing a weapon when not mounted (the game does not jerk when mounted while swinging a weapon, so the coding option already exists)

- have the meditation skill work sitting or standing, this removes the "requirement" to be mounted all the time as a caster, they can easily code it to have the meditation skill not work when standing in dungeons still if needed

The first thing is an eye strain relief issue, i.e. a HUGE Quality of Life improvement for me. I realize I'm in the minority for playing in 1st person view.
  2. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Rename Need and Greed in the loot window to Mains and Alts.

That way silly people won't assume you Greed roll things in a random group. Need on everything.
    PCSS and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  3. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Lots of great ideas!

I know people have brought up the master aug distillers, that is already in game. Loyalty bendor or marketplace is only spot to get perfected augment distillers, I love them to be on a vendor, dont even five a hoot the cost, well to an extent. But to try and save a few 35 purity augs costs a crap load of loyalty or db cash. Id rather re-buy the aug but sometimes they aren’t for sale in bazaar or if they are the doober wants 150k or more...
    PCSS likes this.
  4. Huna Journeyman

Not sure I have seen it in this thread but a loot filter for Forage. If Someone want to post that on the 3rd party tracker site I would go up vote it.
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I’d be happy if they gutted one or the other tbh. A Want or Dont Want button would be fine in most settings.

Or, it’d be great to have a function to switch everything between Need and Greed with the push of a button. Too many times will be in a group with everyone to Greed and one guy has Need on everything and ends up with a bunch of stuff before we catch it. With a Mode you could join a group and say we’re in X mode atm, and then it’d be lots easier for folks to toggle back and forth accordingly.
  6. Fregon New Member

Personally I would like DBG to at least let people camp/afk in old zones for such things as the Artisan's Prize aug to farm items needed or just don't give us ridiculous time consuming tasks to get an item that a lot of us still want but don't feel like breaking the rules...just saying
  7. Huna Journeyman

To be honest that would be called zone disruption due to the Artisan's Prize and maxing trade skills to 350.
  8. Fregon New Member

Well, it still seems ridiculous to spend hours at the computer just to get a small portion of items you need for your skill ups, especially when you don't want to break any rules, that's the only reason I haven't done mine.
    UncleUms likes this.
  9. fransisco Augur

what they should really do is enable instanced versions of all the old content like they have on the progression servers. Literally no work, just allow the npc's to spawn on live servers
    PCSS and Fregon like this.
  10. Darchon_Xegony Augur

You just described EverQuest.

If camping the items is too tedious for you, then the item isn't for you.
    Playful likes this.
  11. Bobsmith Augur

Buff class npcs in the guild lobby that trade plat for rk2 buffs. #platsink
    Dibab, mmats and Risiko like this.
  12. Huna Journeyman

I have to disagree. Once you hit 300 and have a maxed trophy its a joke to 350 and you just need to learn every combine in game. The drop rate could be improved to lessen the time spent to acquire the items and get max level players out of low level zones people might still want to play in.

Instancing a zone like most of these will do nothing unless we each get our own zone to farm.
    PCSS likes this.
  13. fransisco Augur

hardly. It changes alot. Only one person can have the camp at any one time unless the zone is instanced (really old zones can easily be camped by a single person).
    Plus if you are looking at flagging for old TS quests, its a 3day race to the bottom.

Just cause you had to walk up hill both ways with 3 arms tied behind your back while fighting grizzlies on the way to school doesn't mean everyone needs to.
    PCSS likes this.
  14. Akrom New Member

Or allow the leader to set the group default? Perhaps the group members can mark the items as "Don't Want" to be excluded from the rolls on those items?
    PCSS likes this.
  15. Risiko Augur

This... this this this... this. Please. This.
  16. Fregon New Member

Sure, you can spend hours at a computer camping items and just deal with the boredom that comes with it, but personally I rather spend time socializing in-game or in RL and having fun. I even doubt a lot of the people that worked on the aug didn't do it the "easy way" or if they did then I find that ridiculously exagerated... but anyway, that's just my opinion, I was just colaborating for this thread's subject
  17. Huna Journeyman

So you understand but just want to argue...got it. Enjoy that.

Daybreak is not going to instance those old zones so you or I can have our own private instance or pick to farm non stop.
  18. moogs Augur

Vastly increase the speed of skillups to match the increase in leveling speed. The way things are now, if I don't want to buy a heroic character I have to set up a macro to cast spells over and over while I sleep in order for my character to be useful by 70.
    Gialana likes this.
  19. IblisTheMage Augur

Icons:
    - one pr spell line, and bigger.
    - spell icon and resulting buff icon the same
    - Able to arrange buff icons, so that no matter what, I only have to look one place, to see if I have a given buff (not read through all bufs), also, I can make groupings
    - Easy to make BIGGER TEXT on buttons/icons. As we approach 50, eye musclulature becomes a lot less plastic, and both seeing small things, as well as adjust to different scales, becomes harder. You brush it aside until it hits you, is my personal experience :)

UI in general:
    Better UI, tabbed frames, prearranged frames (WoW does it well)
    Scaling of UI elements, with +/- buttons, in fixed increments. Copy/paste “format” for an element grouping.
    Zoom futher out.
    Fix that shadows take up so many resources? (Or is it just me?)
    Macro buttons as small seperate files of pure text, so that it is easy to share a good macro button

Mercs/pets
    - Healer merc: config window where we can enable/disable which spells they cast (checkmark)
    - Same for pets. Will open up new possibilities for game design, where pets could help fulminate, new priest “spirits” help heal/debuf/etc
    - Inspection window for pets, so that we can see what they are wearing, and swap out locations (200 AA pr location)
    - pet persistent items: pets items becomes persistent (1000 AA pr location in 100 AA increments, each increment gives 10% chance that the item will persist through death, 2 locations released pr expansion)
    - Allow mercs on raids more than 3(ish) expansions old. Will potentially make existing dead content relevant for players that have no access to it, without negatively impacting benefits of raiding current content.
    - A merc is a pet that is accessible for all classes, and that takes up a party slot. If you make them not taking up a party slot, you can sell more accounts. Taking up a party slot drove acceptance of the massive change it was, but it is no longer needed. Balance wise it is mute, the difference between 5 or 6 is very small. Just make a party have the possibility to have 1 merc, that does not take up a slot (1000 AA, not sure how to chunk it up. Possibly in 200 AA chunks, that each gives added HP, Mana, Morale to the merc - “Mercenary Leader/Motivator”).

- Consider move AB to US located hardware. Connectivity is not the issue it used to be, but having a life on a server that works completely diffent with regards to load times is a big issue. When I see login-times and zoning times on youtube videos, my jaw drops. Logging in my boxes easily takes 10 min. Zoning often takes minutes. It is literally zone - go pick up snack - come back, wait - play. Or kill the AB server, and give us a transfer to a high pop US server with good rep. We play at different times anyway, I can’t see that it is a problem to be on the same server as USians. The Euro-server makes no sense anymore, it was made for connectivity issues. I have 1 GBit connection to my house, not 128k anymore ;-). Also, I would like bigger fewer servers in general. Hardware performance goes up all the time, and there should be plenty of opportunities to improve performance in the codebase, driven by the potentials in server consolidations. Pickzone is also supporting this. From a narrative perspective, Everquest (live) being a single world makes the most sence. People could perhaps find each other with pickzone...

DLC
    Midways between expansions, push out a 15 USD DLC with a new spell pr class, 4000 AA, and a 0.5 tier upgrade (for group and raid) quest pr slot location. It is the “catch up” DLC, that allow sub-elite players access to a bit more power, giving them and edge with content that is out of reach.

Forums (fora?)
    - Make a sub-forum that somehow gives exposure to the great online resources that exist for everquest, so that more people can find them easily and persistently.
    - Make a troll-free zone, where accounts can be voted out for 1 month, and only senior accounts (age, many postings) can post. If people are whiny or rude, the community will give them a time out. Mmmmm.
  20. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

I like this, but want to add to it. Make mercs not allowed on raids in the raid zone, but allow them in base pop zones until you zone into the raid instance. If that makes sense.