Shadowknight dominated by Mage and Beastlord pets.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Soulsiphon, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Soulsiphon Elder

Statement says it all, there should be no reason why Beastlord and Mage pets ate tanking far far better than a max AA So with raid gear who has perfected the class. Sorry been away for a year to come back and find out Ska are garbage now. Can't swarm and can't tank for crap on EoK and RoS mobs.
  2. Huna Journeyman

Is this an actual tanking problem or did they leave pet taunt on? Because the SK I know don't get owned be anything except another SK playing agro games.
  3. Cicelee Augur

Well I chuckled out loud for four seconds...
  4. Soulsiphon Elder

Solo play wise and Tankability Sorry should of said that
  5. sojero One hit wonder

Yeah, I don't think you know the sk class very well if you are complaining that pets are out tanking you. There are issues as usual with every class, but this isn't one of them.

If you want help and/or advice you can feel free to pm me and I will do what I can to assist.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  6. Sancus Augur

Uhmm... I think "a max AA S[k] with raid gear who has perfected the class" and "can't tank for crap on EoK and RoS mobs" are mutually exclusive...

Drogbaa wru
  7. fransisco Augur

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......

wait.....
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Are you really that bad?

1. Pets can only keep agro on a single mob (which they slowly build agro on by doing damage. They have no agro abilities, only a taunt button)
    2. Pets have no ae agro
    3. Pets have no snap agro
    4. Pets have HORRIBLE agro. Anyone can pull agro from a pet if they try.
    5. Pets will happily let mobs hit them from all sides
    6. At the start of an expansion, tanks always seem worse because they are the most gear dependent of all classes. They need more gear to handle things.
    7. Are you aware of the recent tanking nerf to weapon stances? If you are using a 2h weapon, your combat stability AA is effectively turned off (plus the standard defensive penalties 2h weapon stance gives you). Are you comparing tanking with a 2h weapon to a pet? Cause the devs don't balance mobs around tanks using 2h weapons
    8. Tanking is FAR more than how long you can stand and get hit by a single mob without a healer
    An SK can:
    a. grab/hold multiple mobs
    b. respond to adds
    c. Snap agro if someone else pulls it
    d. has such high agro point c is only figurative

Let the class jealousy go man. SKs are amazing and you don't wanna open that box
    Yimin, UncleUms, Igniz and 1 other person like this.
  8. Soulsiphon Elder

The mitigation on an EM 23 pet is far higher than a 7k AC 2600+agil SK that is a fact so therefore the pets take far less damage than a real tank unless the tank is popping discs.
    UncleUms likes this.
  9. smash Augur

Think you need someone to teach you how to play your class, I am afraid.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  10. Bigstomp Augur

I'm not sure what exactly but I can promise you are doing something wrong.
    Have you re-purchased the refunded AA ranks?
    Max raid geared 105 SK's were able to absolutely destroy EoK.
    While RoS is more difficult I'm sure most also walked in to RoS without too much trouble at 105.
  11. fransisco Augur

1. Proof?
    2. umm... you HAVE disciplines for a reason. Try them....
    3. Pets don't have disciplines, what you see is what you get
  12. Soulsiphon Elder

Drogba is a PoS. He single handedly screwed swarming for all us SKs
  13. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

[IMG]

#NotATank
    Zaviere and Bigstomp like this.
  14. Soulsiphon Elder

A pet doesn't need discs. It already has far better mitigation. I seen a beastlord in group gear tanking 5 mobs in Overthere with just his pet tanking and merc healing. I have yet to see an SK Milo 5 mobs in OT all at once with ease.
  15. Vdidar Augur

Nice troll op.
  16. fransisco Augur

[IMG]
  17. Xazier Elder

I think if you are in t2 group gear, than yeah I can see you not tanking as well as a per. SO is extremely gear and AA dependant more so than a beastlord or mage. Let's see one those 2 swarm Valley pulling 50+ mobs.
  18. Soulsiphon Elder

Ska cannot swarm anymore not even in Valley, they needed it.
  19. AnzoRagespirit Augur

Uhh first of all my crappy group geared SK can swarm valley like it's blackburrow so there your not doing it right. The only way a pet will out tank a good SK is by having the raid focus and even then it's questionable at best.

As for pets not holding agro, the beastlord protection spell actually gives the pet an agro mod because it's in tank mode, it's a loss of DPS yes but there's no way in heck it's gonna out tank a good SK.

From what I'm understanding is your relying solely on auto attacks SK have much higher mitigations than a pet. Get with other high end SK and see what you can improve on.
  20. Lufraki Elder

I have only 2 assumptions based on this statement

1: you Heroic'd your SK, therefore you do not know how to play the class well
    2: you got PL'd and do not know how to play your class well

I have a NON RAID SK and I can solo all the way up to EoK with absolutely NO issues. I can group with any class combination and still keep agro and survive, with a merc healer no less...

So, learn your class and stop embarrassing yourself.

P.S>- I swarming is still doable... if you learn how.
    Kaenneth and Gyurika Godofwar like this.