Luclin bridle sellback, bugged or nerfed?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by trollivesmatter, Jan 4, 2018.

1. trollivesmatter Journeyman

Tried to sell an ornate silk bridle I got from Commander in Ssra today but the sellback guy in the stable wont take it.

Just to be clear, these ones can drop from Comms, Praesertums, and Greig. It is not the same as the ornate chain from Seru / Emp.

Yes it was the right NPC, I've done this before, many times on live server, and I know people who have sold them previously on RF. It used to get just under 50k for one of these. Was this nerfed for some reason because of Praesertum farming or something?

Or... bug?
  2. Notafel Journeyman

Nerfed.

They used to drop Silk Bridles. Got changed to Ornate Silk Bridles (which have no sellback) presumably to stop the Praeseterums in Seru from being so badly permacamped for platinum rather than Arx Keys. The Commanders in Ssra got caught in the crossfire.

Probably considered too big of a platinum faucet as it was.
    minimind likes this.
  3. Jaera Augur

This was changed in a recent patch, Comms / Praesertums / Grieg used to drop the exact same item that was sold by the horse vendors, hence allowing you to sell them back for large sums of plat. They were changed to 'ornate' versions of the same item, still have the same horse, but you cannot sell them.

This was done, apparently, to mitigate people farming the Praesertums and Grieg for tons of cash, and possibly increase the chances for guilds to get the Praesertum shards done to get the key to Seru.
  4. trollivesmatter Journeyman

Ya ok I figured they might have done that, boo @ DB.

However the bridles the mobs dropped were never 'the same'. They have always been called Ornate silk. I recall the first time I got one years ago because I wasn't aware it was in the mobs loot table and I thought being Ornate it was Emp speed, which it turned out it wasn't. My chain baz bridle was faster, but at least I could sell it for some pp. There has been no change in the item name. They must have just flagged them as non sellback.

Anyways thanks for the info, can delete it now =(
  5. Prathun Developer

September 20, 2017 update

- Horse Bridles that can be sold back to Galic Amondson in The Bazaar will now have description text indicating this fact:
    - - Creatures that previously dropped Silken Bridles will now instead drop Ornate Silken Bridles.
    - - Ornate Silken Bridles are equivalent to Silken Bridles with the exception that they cannot be sold back to Galic Amondson, are lore, and cannot be used in Roboboar, Worg, or Ornate Barding combines.
    Skuz, snailish and taliefer like this.
  6. snailish Augur

This is not a "boo", this is an oversight that needed fixed --some of these NPCs were permafarmed on live servers still.

If the NPC is meant to drop 50k in coin, let it drop it in coin. I won't hold my breath expecting that to get patched onto Luclin-era NPCs.
    Xanadas likes this.
  7. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Honestly the real oversight is Praesertum not being in the Sanctus Seru instance.

This is EverQuest after all. Being locked off a quest because you can't really track multiple-day respawn quest mobs is unfortunate.
  8. tuda Lorekeeper

I couldn't agree more. Having to compete for the Praesertum in open world is silly on TLP servers. @Prathun, have there been any discussions about adding these mobs to the instance?
  9. Trevalon Augur

So now that this is changed can we get the Praesertums spawning on a more reasonable spawn timer instead of 3 freaking days?

I know on Phinny yall specifically said you weren't going to add them to the instance, but can we then at least get them 4-8 hours spawn now? With bridles gone, there is no reason they couldnt be changed to a more reasonable spawn timer now.
  10. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Also without being able to hold a pizkzone open with 1 person that's going to be a nightmare. I hope they adjust that for you guys before luclin hits or it will be an issue.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I was under the impression the bridles are not gone but only changed. And isn't this how EQ was originally played? Long wait times etc.
  12. YellowBelly Augur

Ugh the curse of the tlp strikes again. I assume this was changed on current expansion servers as well. Sucks because the 50k bridle In Seru was my plat farm of last resort. Boooo!

Gotta love the tlp ruining all the old world secrets and loopholes.
  13. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Isn't 50k on a regular server like 50p on a tlp server?
    Herf likes this.
  14. malaki Augur

I mean a kroner is millions of plat so kind of yes.
  15. Trevalon Augur

Last I checked this wasnt 1999 and we had servers with instances, pick zones, and vastly different rules from 1999.

That tired argument of "this is how it was originally" is just that, tired. Its been touted for years and years on these forums and ya know whats happened? Instances, Pick Zones, and Vastly different Rules.

So Sure, originally EQ was all about that kinda stuff, TLPs in 2018...not so much.
  16. quseio Augur

NO you progression aholes got my cash farm nerfed now suffer the 3 day respawn like we had to back in the day ! SUFFER
  17. HoodenShuklak Augur

Cringing for ya.
  18. Protagonist Tank

You really necroed a thread from two and a half years ago to poopost this?
  19. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Is anyone going to tell him the Praesertums spawn in the instance now?
    Foaming likes this.
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

[IMG]