Hortulanus Cryolex in Overthere

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Sancus Augur

They didn't have lockout timers when they were first implemented...
    yepmetoo likes this.
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Those pesky details! Always getting in the way of a good attempt at better-than-you-itis!
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Kill the Sprouting mobs
    eqgamer likes this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Gribbles was changed to stop players chaining them over and over, the exp now being at the end is the trade off for being able to drop the mission for shinnies and another shot at the named if it didn't spawn.
  5. GoodGotSuspended New Member

Gratz at pushing people to retired. You could have given a warning instead of ignoring the issues for 4 years. Some of us where just at the wrong place at the wrong time for a brief moment.
    cailien likes this.
  6. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I've had my account for 18 years. If someone in my group mentioned anything having to do with fudging the contents in a chest or side stepping lock out timers, I'd have left the group. I won't risk my account. That's why I'm not suspended. Anyone that was suspended knew the risks and did it anyway. How can anyone at this point call out DBG for passing out punishments? Maybe this was around for 4 years, sure. But! Let's face it. If you want to call out DBG on anything it's that the people that develop the game don't play their own game. Maybe this could have been fixed sooner because they would have known this was going on.
  7. cailien New Member

What I find amazing is many of the sanctimonious perfect angels calling for everyones heads over this are clearly and blatantly breaking forum rules. Please suspend said persons for 7-21 days or out right ban them. Please and Thanks.
  8. Waywardson New Member

You are missing a big point Jhenna, this issue has been bugged by players for those four years and nothing has been done about about it for that length of time. They have neither made a statement that says they consider it an exploit like they did for unattended game play, nor did they change their practice on how they make the missions so that the lock out is applied as the chest spawns. Either of these things could have done with virtually no effort but instead they decided to wait until now and then hand out up to 21 day suspensions with no warning on a change in position on this issue.

They have also not said why they have not gone after all other versions of this same exploit:

1. The other three missions in ROS have the exact same available mechanic.
    2. Kicking the a mission if the rare name does not spawn for hunter quests and repeating
    3. Kicking task as soon as collectibles spawn and repeating to complete that set or to sell in the bazaar
    4. Repeating missions in the last 4 expansions the same as ROS (ie. a recent example was the Droga mission in EOK)
    5. Repeating Gribbles missions over and over without taking the lockout timer (exp was the reward players were after for these)

Their choice of selective enforcement also needs to be explained and justified on how Fell Foilage is worth suspensions but the other 5 types of exploits mentioned above are not, even though they exploit the EXACT SAME mechanic, kicking a mission to avoid the lockout in order to repeat the mission for the desired reward..

I remember an essay I had to write in high school English about the statement ' The quality of mercy is not strained'. The fundamental premise was there is either mercy or there is not, there is no partial mercy. A simpler analogy terms is it is like being pregnant, either are or you are not, there is not any kind of sorta pregnant. If they are going to enforce, enforce across the board to be fair to the player base or do not enforce at all. Picking on only one group sends the wrong message, in that it says the other ones you can still do, just don't /kickp task in Fell Foilage because that makes us mad.
    Melonkhali, Scornfire, Ssdar and 3 others like this.
  9. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

1. The change in tasks affects all missions not just OT
    2. Those are in HA's and the task steps required to spawn the named/ph usually takes the same amount of time as farming an open world named
    3. Pretty much the same as 2 the time to spawn collectables is about the same repop time if not longer then open world collectables
    4. See 1
    5. They nerfed the XP on mobs and added it to the end to prevent this

The difference from doing this exploit in OT vs say Droga is the reward. Players were gaining far more from this then any previous example hence the nerf and punishments. Like I said I didn't expect them to hand out suspensions but that's what they did. They could of done it to say people farming Droga mission for 1 aug, but they weren't that bothered by it. People farming key pieces and spells at expansion launch they were. Such is life not everyone wins or is going to be happy, learn from it and move on.
    feeltheburn and Jhenna_BB like this.
  10. smash Augur

A thing that can be interesting to see is how this might effect the top guilds.
    Those guilds that did all 3 raids day after/same day of release.

Will they as usual be able to do T2 raids in the minimum time between T1 raids, or will there be some delay due to suspension?

Correct me if wrong, but i guess some guilds should be able to do/win T2 around Dec 13 + 5×5 days= 8/9 Jan? If no xmas/new year breaks.
  11. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Raid guilds are delayed because of the set back in Keys from Hortulanus being MIA for 2 clears. The suspensions will have very little impact if any, even if 6 or 7 players got suspended they will still be able to piggy in. I doubt any Top guilds have enough suspended to hurt progression.
  12. Millianna Augur

Take this for a grain of salt - but could it possibly be the point of all this? (Clock block progression).
  13. Thrillho Augur

It's not the first time I've heard this theory. It's disappointing, if true. Not because the next tier wasn't ready, but because they don't trust us enough to say so. "Hey guys, sorry, but this is being delayed another week while we hash out the final bugs" would go over a lot easier than how they've handled this. Not saying that these suspensions are unwarranted / warranted, just that this has been quite the mess. Of course, saying something like that now would make the situation worse - it should have been said ahead of the suspensions.
  14. Smokezz The Bane Crew

The earth is flat too right? Come on, quit bashing the devs for stupid things. This is a stupid conspiracy theory.
  15. Fullwin Journeyman

Only having two raids to do was a bit annoying but shouldn't have set any guild back by much more than 5 days total, so I don't think your theory makes any sense. My guild wasn't otherwise affected by the situation (and I'd assume most raiding guilds weren't) so the suspensions certainly aren't stopping or slowing progression.

The devs know how to do this by now... they don't want us to move too fast so they require 6 rounds of flagging per tier. If they wanted it slower (or faster) they'd have changed that number to begin with, or (if you're a conspiracy-minded person) just made one of the raids "unbeatable".
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  16. kizant Augur

Don't give the devs too much credit. It's hardly deserved.
    Sancus and the Reaver like this.
  17. the Reaver Journeyman

DB's selective enforcement of EULA regarding this npc is a joke, borderline hypocritical.
    Sindaiann likes this.
  18. Millianna Augur

It’s an absolute joke. Per DEV comments - we are allowed to flip instances. However, we are not allowed to flip 1 RoS instance?
  19. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

You are not allowed to exploit the completion of an instance to receive the chest reward without receiving the lockout. This isn't f***ing hard, stop being stupid.
    Brohg, Elricvonclief, Tarvas and 2 others like this.
  20. Millianna Augur

It’s a selective use of EULA that they told prior we could do. The only thing “stupid” here is the suspensions.