Weapon augs.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Suffer, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Suffer Lorekeeper

Has anyone done any parsing at 110 on pure dmg augs vs proc augs? Seems like Venomous Tear/Siren's Demise is the way to go for hybrids at 105. Wondering now that we can have a 13dmg in primary and 12dmg in secondary if the scales have tipped in favor of raw dmg??

I plan on doing some parsing myself in the next few days. Just curious if anyone has looked into this. Thanks!
  2. Critts Augur

Casters didn’t get one....
  3. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

And no Shield augs for priests... But we can have 6 different Melee weapon Augs!!
    fransisco likes this.
  4. fransisco Augur

Was the last caster one in TDS?
  5. Kamzak Journeyman

TDS was last expansion with any procey augs. Dev's hate procey augs, and i dont see them updating this anytime soon.
  6. kizant Augur

They need an alternative or people aren't going to stop using them. Unless they remove the type 4/8 slots from weapons. Whether they're upgraded or not doesn't really change anything.
    fransisco likes this.
  7. fransisco Augur

This. Proccy augs are the only thing that benefit casters in their weapons, so they are not gonna stop being used.
  8. Jumbur Improved Familiar

They could offer augs with a lot(10k+) of spell-damage/heal-amount/clairvoyance instead, or something like that.
  9. Brohg Augur

it would take "only" about half that
  10. Cicelee Augur

I feel the devs are trying to break the notion of casters using DD procs augs by putting on significantly larger procs on current weapons. Then when a caster sees a 10k DD proc compared to their augment proc of only 1200, they may think "1200 is not as important as 10k, I will change".

The thing is, 1200 is greater than 0. And no amount of spell damage or mana is going to cause a caster to drop their 1200 DD proc augment.

Now, if developers created a weapon only, increase fire spells by 1% augment, then that would make casters drop the DD proc augments (provided the math works out, maybe it needs to be 2%). Or have weapon only augments that improve a specific spell (this augment improves Spear by 5%). That would result in casters changing their weapon augments, and would mean (supposedly) less wear and tear on servers since there would not be as many procs in the game...
  11. fransisco Augur

Anything like this would be great.
    Most all augments (and alot of gear) is pretty boring for casters. Aside from tiny sympathetic proc augs, there is nothing worthwhile to put into weapon (of which casters get like 2-3 per expansion vs the 10 or so each melee class gets).
    Casters get the least from ac, heroic stats don't increase their damage at all. Casters really need a reason to be excited about gear.
  12. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Even "small" sympathetic procs are boosted a lot by some adps effects, like manaburn for example.

Im not sure of the theoretical maximum, but it wouldn't surprise me, if even "small" symp proc augs could hit for 50k-100k in extreme cases. :eek:
  13. kizant Augur

They could make an easy improvement with very little effort just by having an alternative 2h weapon with an extra large proc and no aug slots. Not sure why they aren't trying to consolidate some if it really is an issue.
  14. smash Augur

But back to topic, what is now best for hybrid augs with procs or dam augs with 13/12?
  15. Kacman Augur

I don't know about all classes or even all hybrids, but bards should always use a 8 dam+proc in main hand.

Depending on weapon delay tje 5 damage difference between the 8 and 13 damage could be very negligible dps compared to even a minor proc in main hand.

For example i use the Wurmslayer in my main hand. The long 40 delay will only be a ratio increase of 0.125 by changing from the 8dam to 13 dam.

I had a bard friend in my raid alliance ask how he could improve his dps (he was using the same weapons/EOK tier 2 gear and about tje same AA count as me) because he was only doing 2/3 the dps i did on raids. I had him purchase the CotF 8dam+proc aug for his Wurmslayer and move the +12 dam to off hand to replace his +11 dam aug. His dps went up by 15k.