Quality of Life wishes and dreams. What would you want?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Risiko Augur

Everquest of today is so vastly different from what it was almost two decades ago. Depending on who you ask, that's either a good or bad thing. Either way, there are some changes that most current players agree are beneficial changes; the Quality of Life (QoL) changes.

Just for clarification, QoL changes are things that have been added, removed, and/or changed to affect the overall easy of play and enjoyment of the game.

Some QoL changes to date include:
    • In-game maps
    • Control-F to find group members, zone lines, and NPCs
    • Atlas
    • Event calendar
    • Bandolier
    • Shared Bank slots
    • Potion belt
    • Clicking from bags
    • Search feature for items
    There are QoL things that I would be interested in seeing added to the game, and I am sure you have some of your own. So, I thought it would be fun to make a list.

Here's QoL changes I would like:
    • Enchanter merc (automatically attempts to mez mobs the group tank is not targetting if more than 1 mob, automatically attempts to slow mobs, casts buffs, no dps
    • Franklin Teak (spelling?) offers to port you to the zone for which he has given you a daily mission
    • Augments tab in inventory window (this was discussed years ago at one of the SoE conventions in Las Vegas, but I don't know what ever happened to it)
    • Increase number of characters allowed in a fellowship
    • Lower number of fellowship characters required to set a campfire to two (rather than three)
    • Have recast timer functionality on hotbar buttons that fire off more than one ability with in them. In other words, if I have 4 combat abilities, abilities, AAs, etc fire off in a hotbar button, the hotbar button should have the same recast visual queues as if it was a button for a single ability. Example, if the button fires off 3 different abilities, and all 3 abilities are on cool down, then the button should be shaded red and ticking down based on the lowest cool down timer for the abilities fired off via that button. That way you know if a hotbar button that fires off multiple things is ready to be pressed again or not during your rotation
    • Change hero forge feature to be included with paid subscription by default. I understand it costing money when it first came out to cover the cost of implementing it. By this point, it should have been paid for many, many times over. It would be nice to finally have it as a basic feature included in Everquest
    What are your QoL wishes and dreams? Don't be afraid to shoot for the moon. This is all just hypothetical.
    PCSS, Archery, Mintalie and 8 others like this.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

• A more modernized client with all the "quirks" weeded out.
    • Ability to solo-request everything you are flagged for, without a "dummy group".
    • Less "clunky" UI (and make it scaleable)
    • Ability to sell/barter stuff in the bazaar, while playing on your main. Multiple accounts not required!! (or make it a wow-style auction-house).
    • Make buffs last longer. (one recast per day should be enough, unless you die)
    Goranothos, Xanumbik, PCSS and 8 others like this.
  3. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Augment tab for your person exists in the Find Item window.

Filter by Augment, filter to on your person, and you have your list.

I'd like to see the filter of Inventory / Bank / All expanded to Worn / Inventory / Bank / All so that bagged items don't get caught in the find item.
  4. Koryu Professional Roadkill

-Improve pathing AI. Sometimes mobs run away from you or all over the zone gathering friends before coming back. Sometimes mobs get hung up on pathing points and keep pacing a spot while you're moving, but beeline to you if you stop. Some of it has to do with Z axis differences, where you stand on a ramp or stairs can make all the difference about what direction the mob runs.

-Zone walls should match zone geometry. Invisible zone walls in places like Scorched Woods or new Skyfire are frustrating to deal with and don't make sense. What is stopping me from climbing this hill?

-Update aggro locking AAs (Warlord's Grasp, Mindless Hatred) to perform a level comparison check like fades do, instead of requiring an update to the line every time the level cap changes. This got overlooked for RoS' level cap adjustment, so these important tanking abilities don't work on current group content.

I was initially disappointed that no new feature was announced for the Ring of Scale expansion until it was explained that the features were being rolled out to everyone instead of being limited to expansion purchase. The Calendar and Item Finder are great new tools. Spell Linking doesn't see as much use, but it still handy for clearing up confusion. Spell descriptions have also tended to be more detailed and less mysterious, lately. The continued additions and improvement of the game is appreciated, if not always evident in player response (including my own).
    Arkanny, PCSS, Kravn and 2 others like this.
  5. Aurastrider Augur

I would love to see the find feature expand to houses you are a co owner on and the ability to remove items from houses or bank and place items into houses or the bank as long as you are in the zone instead of going to the house or banker. As a crafter who separates my mats into individual houses based on trade skill this would be amazing. No more running to house x when I run out of item y just to run back to my crafting area or having to run to each house to deposit items.

There is another thread about what current changes would you like to see to EQ that has a lot of amazing QOL suggestions. Maybe we can revive that one as I don't feel like retyping everything again :p
    GoldenFrog, PCSS and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  6. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

-Better AI pathing and /autofollow
    -Ability to find stuff in others houses you co-own
    -Collectables... the little 1/2/3 in the bottom corner changed to red/green if you need don't need. So that when I open the loot window I know right away if I need or greed.
    -Merc AA for /hold or something similar with out setting myself as a puller.
    -Trade skills, tons here... talk of /output recipe etc. More or less I think we should be able to max TS off vendor bought stuff (more cost in pp). If we use this route the skill points/fails should reflect such. It is slower skill points and can loose more, if you grind/camp use rarer items your skill should go up faster and ability to loose items on a fail go down. I know the coding off this would suck, sorry to bring it up. But holy crap farming some junk from 20 expacs ago is horrid!
    -Ability to get items from your house when at a bank.

more to follow after I eat... haha
  7. Bobsmith Augur

Make pets .
    Kravn and Xanadas like this.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The big thing I would like at this point would be the ability to own more than 3 plots per character. And the fact that there are 4 guild hall plots in my owned neighborhood makes no sense since I can only put up one guild hall. Makes sense for neighborhoods that are not guild owned but I would like to put another hall up. Allow more items or at least more pets on plots .

I would like to thank who ever added more spell pages to the spell book recently and who ever else it was that brought back the AA and Spell increases for free accounts in the marketplace that had been missing for the last year.

The new command /run appears to have helped a lot of people who had the problem of characters slipping to walking at odd times - like dismounting - or after auto follows.
    PCSS and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I've mentioned this before, but I'd LOVE to see the feature in EQ2 where beneficial and detrimental spells will land on the target's target, instead of the target, if the target is the wrong type. Would be of tremendous benefit to classes which do a lot of healing/buffing AND DPS, without having to constantly mess with the /assist key, and then waiting to make sure the system has caught up with what you think you're currently targeting.
    Westtell and PathToEternity like this.
  10. baider Elder

1/2 size raids like WoW. Always wanted this. Make the loots slightly worse than full force 54 man raids but still better than groupable stuff and gives players something to do outside of raid times
    Angre likes this.
  11. Angahran Augur

Remove 'invisible' walls in zones.
    It sucks when you are running around the edge of a zone and you can't run over a perfectly flat piece of ground because whoever built the zone stuck an invisible wall in the way.

If you don't want players going to a specific part of the zone then design the zone geography to prevent it.

Perfect example, in Scorched woods, when you zone in from Lceanium, there is a small building right there. But you cannot enter it because there is an invisible wall.
  12. fransisco Augur

Remove the need for augment distillers (at least for regular augments)
    Justyse, Sivispacem, Fenthen and 5 others like this.
  13. Tucoh Augur

Better /follow mode, especially one that works in the Z axis: ex: points downward if the lead character moves down.
    Maasq, PCSS, Skuz and 6 others like this.
  14. Kiras Augur

Out of combat timer and tranquil blessings timers lining up.
    What do you mean I'm not in a resting state !?
  15. Fregon New Member

1) Beat Everquest
    2) Find a girlfriend from the game
    3) Get married
    4) Have kids
    5) And for last time do a Leeeroy Jenkins
    onesong‘Baralku and Funnonry like this.
  16. Gialana Augur

And ooc regen. It's not fun to see your mana go up to 3-4% only to immediately go back to 0 for 4 or 5 ticks.
    PCSS, Geroblue, Axxius and 1 other person like this.
  17. Huna Journeyman

Add being ably to cast your Rez once the game shows you out of combat only to have it fail then wait for the cool down to reset and try again.
    Geroblue and Gialana like this.
  18. Scorrpio Augur

Names of items in advloot, not just icons. So no need to mouse over/inspect. As a bonus, item not usable by me, or lore which I have or already collected shiny, show name in red.
  19. fransisco Augur

advloot filters to work for all zones, so you don't need to reset them for every zone.
    Being able to set greed as default for ALL items, and then modify as needed
    Ulrin likes this.
  20. mmats Augur

- Pet inspect
    - Remove level requirement for buffs
    - Augment tab
    IblisTheMage and Risiko like this.