Customer Service Clarification Requested: What Constitutes an Exploit?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by gotwar, Jan 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Millianna Augur

Yes it does. They knew about and left in game, and never told anyone not to do something they been doing since CoTF. This isn’t kindergarten - they made mistake and they only have themselves to blame.
  2. Millianna Augur

Furthermore, they made the mistake of suspending people. Good luck to them getting out of the hole they dug.
  3. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Easy solution, don't cheat.
  4. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Guess you should probably write your congressman
  5. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

A HA and a mission are two different things. I agree with you that this is not kindergarten and the players who exploited a known lockout mechanic for literally every mission in the game that gives chest know it. They just need to own it and it their partisans need to stop being silly with the comparison.
  6. Elricvonclief Augur

Sad to hear folks have been using exploits since CotF, and aren't ashamed.
    moogs likes this.
  7. Risiko Augur

Twice in your rant, you told me to leave Everquest and go play another game. Its because of people like yourself that the Everquest community continues to dwindle. Maybe you should try to have a constructive conversation rather than just saying GET OUT. ;)
  8. Mims Augur

I just read a post from someone who got suspended for dropping "here or over there". Now I have to wonder if it's an exploit to pre-loot items, and later trade with a player/npc/pet to get the 'loot' update.
  9. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I seem to remember, that even the devs themselves have suggested this as a temporary work-around for getting past broken quest-steps. I think this a safe enough to do.

It is easy for them to make quests where items are not pre-lootable, so I guess it is intended in the quests where it is possible.

However I also heard that the cresta-earring quest was not intended to be pre-lootable, and that they would fix it soon(if they haven't already done so). I doubt pre-looting is the reason for the suspensions. I can't be sure though, but I think this is a simple mistake on the customer service's end...:confused:
  10. Cicelee Augur

I believe everything I read on the internet...
  11. Mims Augur

Whether you believe it happened or not has nothing to do with my post. In fact, whether or not I believe it myself doesn't negate my concern.

It's also easy enough for them to prevent circumvention of lock-out timers, hence this entire thread.
  12. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Incorrect. It is people like me who accept the reality of the situation this game finds itself in that keeps it going. The real problem here is not that the team failed to fix an exploit, it is that players who knew better decided to take advantage of it and then were outraged they got suspended for it. Their partisans can talk about Heroic Adventures all they want, but the problem is that what was exploited wasn't a HA, it was a mission. Its time to put away the false outrage and come back down to earth.
  13. Risiko Augur

I have no false outrage lol. I have said many, many times in this thread that I was not affected by the suspensions because my main character isn't even high enough level to have done the exploit.

I was simply stating my belief that the exploit should have been fixed years ago.

The people that used the exploit are absolutely in the wrong. I just feel that DBG should not have left the exploit in all this time. Those exploiters shouldn't have had the ability to use the exploit all these years. That's DBG's fault for not fixing it sooner because it has been reported in multiple expansions.
  14. Roxxlyy Augur

Having opinions and responses to this topic is totally valid, but unfortunately this thread has devolved into hurling insults at one another. Going to lock it up before it gets further out of hand.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.