DoDH Testing - Vule spawning in pick zones.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Astral64, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Astral64 Augur

I'm sure having Master Vule the Silent Tear spawn right away in a fresh /pick of Dreadspire Keep is not intended.

He currently does.
  2. Hoodcat New Member

3. Hoodcat New Member

censorship! I’m being oppressed!
  4. Darchon_Xegony Augur

This may not be intended... but honestly it's a good thing.

It made sense to limit raid mobs from spawning in picks when there was very little raid content, the loot was mostly traceable, you were expected to spend 3-6 months in the same content and there were 10-20 picks of top zones like Sol B.

Now I don't think Dreadspire will see many picks except when people gather to raid Demi which will spawn maybe one. Beyond the first week I don't really see anyone bothering to raid Vule in OW anyways.

Leave it as is and let the PoR mobs do the same thing. These open world mobs aren't really loot targets. They are kill until you flag targets and never bother again. On servers that will only see 2 months of an expansion, let people accelerate however much they like.
    snailish likes this.
  5. Catashe Augur

And I like to note... I had nothing to do with this snitch! lol
    Phinny4Life likes this.
  6. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

I didn't find an Agent of Change for DSK, I'm okay with him being up on picks.

This will help people get keyed for Demiplane immensely quicker too.
    Phinny4Life likes this.
  7. Prathun Developer

Edit: Suspect this is being reported from the Test server.
    The code changes (pick zones) went to Test server before the design changes (instanced Vule event). Not a huge deal. Everything will go out together with the January update. Thanks!
    snailish likes this.
  8. taliefer Augur

so no vule in picks cause he will be in AoCs once everything is updated and whatnot?
  9. Catashe Augur

Assume the AoC ain't on Test atm? cause... couldn't find it
  10. Prathun Developer

No Vule in static zones, full stop. The event was moved to an instance.

You quoted the answer to the question. So that I know how better how to explain this sort of thing in the future, what was confusing about the code changes being on Test (pick zones) but not the design changes (instanced Vule)?

And to reiterate, there won't be an AoC. Vule will be a separate instanced raid event on all servers after the next full update.
    Ryak, NotSkrem, snailish and 2 others like this.
  11. taliefer Augur

interesting. will flagging work the same? Vule currently only flags 12 people per kill. if there is a substantial replay timer on the vule instanced raid, with no open world counterpart, that could slow down progression
  12. Catashe Augur

Honestly what I'm just trying to get at is... and assuming by your answers.. The instanced Vule stuff ain't currently on Test atm? Thats all I'm trying to get out of you.. sorry

But kinda trying to see what this is going to look like since Vule only keys 12 people if your moving him to instancing I mean unless the instance is going to be a replay timer of whatever Vules respawn is currently before changes..
    Prathun likes this.
  13. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

While we're on this subject will the instance require completion of the key to Vule's chamber in order for participants to enter? There are ways to bypass this in open world via corpse summoning/cothing etc, which I would have to believe were never intended and every member of the raid was expected to actually have the key originally.

I ask since i know this was done back in Kunark for the Veeshan's Peak AoC (every member required the key for the NPC to actually port you inside the instance). Thanks for addressing these concerns btw (even if you don't respond to this one).
  14. Catashe Augur

Yea lets remind him of that so the key mob is the cluster f*** instead of Vule! =p
  15. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I like making sure certain guilds actually have the keys required for progression in order to beat expansions. ;)
    Brumans and Aneia like this.
  16. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

If it was unintended to be able to be able to coth/summon into the Vule area, the zone/area would of had the restriction already. I remember my old live guild having a cothbot at Vule. I anticipate if the instance zone in is in the actual vule chamber, some guilds may do likewise.
  17. Boze TLP complaint factory

How many toons can get flagged per instance kill? Also, what's the lockout timer on the event? If it's the original 12, and if there's a standard ~week-ish lockout, it will take at least half of DoDH for most guilds to get flagged for demiplane.
  18. Communist Puppy Augur

Cascading instances or pulling certain mobs to the zonein was never intended, but they had to put fixes in during this servers lifetime to deal with it.
  19. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Will it be explained how to request this new expedition?

I assume it will be some click or NPC request beyond the lower spire click down point if they are seeking to continue requiring the Keleborn key?

If you decide to do that, PLEASE let Keleborn instantly spawn upon pick creation. Quest NPCs should always instant spawn on pick creation.
  20. Catashe Augur

I'd hope they'd remove the key requirement from Vule cause otherwise your trading one major ****block for another...