Zippo Lighters

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by narksar, Jan 5, 2018.

1. narksar Augur

Recently found my old druid Zippo lighter and thought, wow, I should get a monk one. I can't find any "station store" (where I bought it before) and I can't find it on google or anything. So...what, is this discontinued? How do I get one?!
  2. Intenso Augur

dont think they sell them anymore
  3. feeltheburn Augur

Zippo's are still out there...now in a monk variety, not sure of that :)
  4. narksar Augur

I am specifically seeking the EverQuest branded ones. I literally can't even find an image of the monk one.
  5. Perplexed Augur

I remember those...was very tempted to get 1 at the time (wish I had now).
    Being a non-smoker I got the T-shirt instead which I still have.
    They (Sony) stopped offering that merchandise years ago.
    Good luck finding an old original one.
  6. Risiko Augur

I used to buy their merchandise at the yearly conventions. I have an Everquest hoody I still wear to this day. God I miss the conventions.
  7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I have never understood why Daybreak (and before that SOE) doesn't sell EQ merchandise. It seems like an easy revenue stream. I mean, they are deliberately refusing to take money.

They don't have to do anything other than sign some deals with some websites that will make and sell the items. Just supply the artwork and the website companies will put it on the items (T-Shirts, mugs, lighters,etc.) and send Daybreak a percentage. The other company will handle everything (storefront, taking payments, etc.).

This boggles my mind that Daybreak (and SOE before them) doesn't want this money.
  8. narksar Augur

I know, right?!
    Gyurika Godofwar and Geroblue like this.
  9. Garmr Augur

Handful of them for sale on eBay, $100+ price range. No monks tho, but maybe if you keep a weekly eye on it one will show up. Amazing what shows up for sale on the web. Old promo Zippos from 14 years ago based on a dying game? We got those!

Still no luck finding the Philadelphia Union season schedule fridge magnet tho for the year I'm missin...
    eqgamer likes this.
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

Real zippos are cool. I have my uncles old Korean War vintage one.
  11. Numiko Augur

Don't forget the Everquest watch too!

[IMG]
  12. Bigstomp Augur

I've got a warrior one and a bard one tucked away in a box somewhere.
  13. narksar Augur

EverQuest isn't dead. I'd say it's far from it. Its not from 14 years ago, yes they started selling back then, but I found a webpage that actually referenced a particular variation of the EverQuest zippo lighters being out of stock back in 2014, so they haven't been gone that long.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  14. jeskola pheerie

They need Progression Zippo lighters.... The original ones don't sell.
  15. narksar Augur

I'm assuming that's a joke I'm just not getting...
  16. GoneFission Augur

TLP zippos that only light through PoP.
  17. Geroblue Augur

I don't smoke, but I would buy an EQ Zippo lighter. ebay is too high for me though.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  18. Roxxlyy Augur

They're out there in the world, but unfortunately we don't have any plans to bring them back or create new ones otherwise. If you get your hands on one (or have an old one) share some pics with us, though!
  19. Imak Augur

20. Geroblue Augur

Makes me feel all sad inside.