Real concern with the suspensions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Stuff&Things, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Roxxlyy Augur

Not being able to manage your account during a suspension is a wider inconvenience that needs to be addressed. Until that happens, if you still wish to make changes to your account directly through Daybreak you can open up a ticket with CS using a new account to inquire about the one that has been suspended. It isn't ideal, but it's an option.

FTFY: Any account that gets suspended or banned automatically has any recurring payment options cancelled. If you were suspended last night, you will not have any All-Access payments billed to you.
    code-zero, Tronda, cayendar and 4 others like this.
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Thank you for addressing this issue.
  3. Dipity New Member

recieved a suspension for the exploit but can't access the e-mail account that the account is tied to is there a way i can find out how long my particular suspension will last? I can't log into my account to change anything either
  4. Risiko Augur

I will say that this whole thing has made my day at work a LOT less boring. Thanks for that.

That being said, I feel sorry for anybody that got suspended. And, no. I did not get suspended. I'm not even playing a character high enough level to be doing that content lol.

Should have just been a roll back at most and a slap on the hand after fixing the mission to not allow you to loot the reward if you dropped the mission. Short, sweet, simple solution.
    Toriann and Kaenneth like this.
  5. fransisco Augur

The rollback would have punished the vast majority of players who were not cheating.
  6. Scorrpio Augur

IMHO, if a renewal comes up on a suspended account, charge should simply not take place and account allowed to lapse to green (or silver if applicable) If you stop providing service but charge new money for it, it is plain simple theft.
    Upon coming back, re-subbing for gold is a matter of a couple minutes - should account holder decide to do it.
  7. Darktank New Member

T

This was just posted in
    Suspended for Fell Foliage Exploit? post and locked
  8. Roxxlyy Augur

As it turns out, any account that gets suspended or banned automatically has any recurring payment options cancelled. If you were suspended, you will not have any All-Access payments billed to you.
  9. Scorrpio Augur

Might be a good idea to email the above to those who got suspended.
    Nennius, Kaenneth and Fanra like this.
  10. Darktank New Member

This will affect many that did not even do the said above. Many guilds can not raid due to key players suspended. I am sure everyone got the point about this and it is a wake up call for many.

Is there anyway DB could lower the punishment. A week is still kind of harsh I think but 3 weeks come on. Just think about it. Maybe 3 days?
  11. Frankenfudge New Member

You know for all these suspensions no one is suspended everyone is still playing if they have not logged out so many you should take a new stance on this. You are punishing some but not others as long as servers are up there suspension don’t mean jack
  12. Jaerlyn Augur

Please don't try to tar others with the same brush you have tarred yourself, in order to make your own cheating seem lessened.
  13. Frankenfudge New Member

Haha I will be playing still.
  14. Febb Augur

I'm sure GM's will fix that soon. If not, the patch in the morning will take care of that.
  15. Frankenfudge New Member

I feel bad for all the people this happened to especially if someone was invited to a group and had no idea what was going on
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I wonder if players who were suspended and grandfathered into an old promo recurring rate lost that option? That would hurt!
  17. Brohg Augur

I only feel bad for people who burn up any future consideration that they have a reasonable viewpoint by bringing up nonsense or defending what was done.
  18. Roxxlyy Augur

I spoke with CS to check up on this. If it happens to anyone, they can put in a ticket and will be able to start up their membership again with whatever grandfathered promo they had before. Just make sure to put in a ticket sooner rather than later so we know that it happened because of the suspensions and can put it on record.
    Fanra, clohie1234 and cayendar like this.
  19. Barda Lorekeeper

Hahaha .. you shouldnt have to respond to a thread to make that clear ...
  20. Axxius Augur

If you get invited to a group that repeatedly drops the task, loots the chest, re-gets the same task and does it all over again, and again, and again - and you still have no idea what's going on, then there is no need to feel bad for you.
    Chatoyan, Cicelee, Quatreh and 2 others like this.