Account Suspensions

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Hawrlee Quinn, Jan 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hawrlee Quinn Journeyman

Some people here actually do have legal knowledge, and what Sindaiann posted is correct. Ignoring a KNOWN problem and allowing more and more and more people to do it .. then turnin around and saying you DO have a problem with it and levying a punishment for it is considered baiting, and from a law enforcement perspective is illegal.
    wafsuspended and Sindaiann like this.
  2. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Pretty sure Daybreak just showed everyone the answer to that

Pretty sure Daybreak just showed everyone the answer to that too.
  3. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Did somebody go to jail? Interesting...I wasn't aware of this. Please...do go on....
  4. Phrovo1 Augur

Daybreak drew the line and punished people for something that they had done BEFORE they drew the line. I'm totally fine with people getting punished for exploiting but they should not be punished for something retrospectively.
  5. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

12. You will not exploit any bug in EverQuest and you will not communicate the existence of any such exploitable bug (bugs that grant the user unnatural or unintended benefits in game), either directly or through public posting, to any other user of EverQuest. You will promptly report any such bug via the in-game "/bug" command.

Sorry bubba. But that line isn't freshly drawn.
  6. Phrovo1 Augur

"Exploits" that are widely reported yet not addressed are not exploits. Eventually they are just part of the game's mechanics.

That's like saying a crime is bad but loosely defining the crime, then punishing people for past infractions once the crime is more defined.
  7. Zhaunil_AB Augur

"widely known" is a relative expression, i am not commenting on that.
    All i can say is that on my server apparently it wasn't much known - or if it was, it wasn't used much.
    Noone in guild or across guilds (there are many cross-guild ties on our server, for historical reasons)told anyone about this or used it - if they did, then not in a "suspicious way" that would've caused eyebrows on, for example, the "powertraders" that follow the so-called market and influx of certain items quite closely.
    Had it been "widely known" (to my definition of the expression), then the grapevine would've done it's job and word would have eventually reached people, for example myself or guildies or friends and i would've seen people do it.

Now, within certain "circles" it is not uncommon for "privileged knowledge" to be shared more freely than outside those circles. So i am not doubting your word on the CT server nor the "widely known" among your immediate surroundings.
    But my stance on it is still that "many" doesn't "make right".
    If half the population of CT were suspended, then chances are that at least 45% of it's population was also actually cheating/exploiting, explaining some other things to a point as well perhaps.

On the "slowing down" of things:
    They've found their ways already that do not involve suspending players or "whole guilds".
    e.g. by bringing back the ridiculous idea of progression mobs in static zones, something i had thought a thing of the past since PoP was done or so. Or by requiring us again to do one task after the other, fighting through a whole zone only to go back hail and repeat the process.
    I blame them for things like that.
    But i cannot blame them for disciplining people that knowingly exploit mechanics with gaping holes.

I mean...
    In Scorched on the wasps for example, pathing is just absolutely horrible - same for other EoK zones and especially in RoS ones. But even though it IS their full responsibility that they've released zones with this awful pathing, i am still not allowed to use that to avoid getting hit by a mob while i dot it to death or so.
    Everyone knows that this kind of "innovative use of one's environment" isn't considered to be ok so anyone who's doing it nonetheless would also rightly be punished.
  8. Hawrlee Quinn Journeyman

Those "bugs" had been prompty pointed on via /bug on test servers, beta server, and live servers for 4 years or longer. There had been MORE than ample communication between the players and developers about this. The developers never ONCE even mentioned that it MIGHT be something on their to-do list. They then turn around and suspend half the server population for something WE HAD ACTIVELY BEEN REPORTING TO THEM FOR FOUR YEARS.

So yes, "bubba", the line WAS freshly drawn .. as a matter of fact, it was only "drawn" on 12/18/17 (according to the prior linked Rules of Conduct, roughly 3 weeks ago, and only at a maximum of 2-3 days before the mission was taken down.
  9. Zhaunil_AB Augur

An exploit is an exploit is an exploit.
    Thesehips likes this.
  10. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

"Yeah I killed the guy. But I did it by suffocating him with a 2 week old bag of bologna. Nothing was written anywhere specifically stating NOT to suffocate a man with a 2 week old bag of bologna. Therefore your definition of "murder" is too loosely defined."
  11. Gialana Augur

I have no authority on the issue, of course. However, I would say the part about granting unnatural or unintended benefits in game was clearly violated in this instance. In many missions, the order of chest-looting is
    1) open chest,
    2) lockout timer is applied, and
    3) loot chest.
    You can't loot the chest without opening it, and opening the chest applies the lockout. But by taking additional steps, people were able to get from step 1 to 3 without crossing step 2. If it were intended to get step 3 without step 2, then there wouldn't be a lockout. Or at the least, the lockout wouldn't be applied until some step after looting the chest.
    Thesehips and Denial_Sinfae like this.
  12. Sdbg New Member

This game or company will die in any days with this type of poor management.
    Suck it up if your QA team can’t do the real job.
    Or let go your stupid GMs or Dev who can’t even do the job right.
    God bless us, not you dbg. Fxxx Off
  13. WAFLOL Journeyman

"bugs that grant the user unnatural or unintended benefits in game"
    Lets break this down, how is anyone supposed to differ from what is and isn't an "unnatural or unintended benefits in game". As far as i'm concerned that's pretty damn vague....
  14. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

By looking at the situation and analyzing it, like you keep failing to do. Lockouts are intended for mission completion. Completing a mission and receiving any portion of the completion rewards without receiving the lockout is unintended. Whether or not an exploit is worthy of a suspension/ban is subjective and determined by DBG when they assess the issue. Other issues may be less clear cut, but this one is crystal clear. Your inability to see it not withstanding.
  15. Huna Journeyman

Its more like selectively ignoring it.
  16. Hawrlee Quinn Journeyman

Still seems awfully funny that if it is indeed receiving unintended rewards from missions, and it's such a huge issue that hundreds/thousands of suspensions were warranted for it .. that it took them over four years to address a problem they had full and complete knowledge of, and then only suspend those that did one specific mission.
  17. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Have you been taught that kind of logic at school?
    If so, i can suddenly understand a whole lot of things that are going out in the part of the world you're most likely from...
    Get real, pal...
    Even the proverbial swabian housewife would know this "argument-chain" to be flawed.
    Like your "it can not have been an exploit because what an exploit is is too loosely defined" (it isn't, you are simply arguing with just your opinion!).
  18. Roxxlyy Augur

These account suspensions were not made in error, and affect those who bypassed the lockout timer for Fell Foliage multiple times. Exploiting bugs in-game is a direct violation of the EverQuest Rules of Conduct, regardless of how long the bug has been around. Due to the nature of this specific situation no accounts were permanently banned, although intentionally abusing exploits can be grounds for an account ban.

If you believe your account was wrongly suspended, please contact CS at help.daybreakgames.com. As you will not be able to login to the suspended account, you’ll have to make a new Daybreak account in order to open up a ticket.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.