Suspended for Fell Foliage Exploit?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Darktank, Jan 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phrovo1 Augur

At a certain point, an "exploit" not being addressed by the devs despite being known about for years becomes a mechanic. Just look at the illusion door glitch that was fixed recently that, to my knowledge, no one was punished for. Should everyone that has ever clicked an AoN be banned for exploiting now? You would have a solid case if it was ever addressed negatively by the devs (before the npc was pulled from OT) but considering people got suspended for something that they clearly didn't see as cheating, it seems like banning for a retrospective crime.
    Kaenneth and WAFLOL like this.
  2. WAFLOL Journeyman

"They called it that in the patch to fix it."
    OK, then at that moment it's classified as an exploit. fair enough, BUT not calling it what it is prior to this and with fair warning is really uncalled for and quite frankly BAD business. Have you forgotten dropping a mission prior to lock out has been common practice for years? be it for collectable farming or rare named..It's not as clear cut as you think.
  3. feeltheburn Augur

While I see your point sir, its not quite the same thing is it?? getting thru a door that you should not be able to and running a task over n over again for loot and no lock out are quite different. Getting thru that door is not gaining you an abundance of farm treasures in minutes as opposed to numerous hours.
  4. Phrovo1 Augur

When are they going to run the script for the Droga mission? They'll probably hit a few more people that way.
  5. feeltheburn Augur

not sure of that one, but at least is a mission comparison :)
  6. Huna Journeyman

Well once the chest has spawned and you get the loot and currency, with no lockout would be an exploit. Not sure how anyone could really think otherwise and continue to re get the mission and repeat.
    Kaenneth and feeltheburn like this.
  7. Knopplund New Member

You're in a group and groupleader kicks task before lockout, are you exploiting?
    There is no way (to my knowledge) you can decline getting kicked , like when getting a TL.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  8. WAFLOL Journeyman

Every day on Cazic server i run through Frontier Mountains and see the same bot groups using scripting exploits to farm chase loot and more than likely selling them online..they're there 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, I kid you not. That's what i would consider a serious offense not this mission farming BS they want to now classify as an exploit and suspend half of EQ's population for. They really should have just targeted the people who exploited the OT raid event, also a very serious offense. In this case they suspended LOTS of good people who would never run 3rd party programs or cheat a raid event.

Punishment for this so-called crime is really unjustified. They should just go after the real exploiters and leave us normal players alone. A warning would have more than sufficed to put an end to it, or fix their coding. Seems they failed at that, i hear patch got called off...LOL
  9. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Apples and Oranges man. You get the lockout for completing the mission. You get the loot chest for completing the mission. You avoided the lockout for completing the mission but still got the chest. That's an exploit.

Popping an instance and doing the part of it that you can already do without completing it, that's not an exploit.
    fransisco, feeltheburn and Sheex like this.
  10. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

"Officer, that store has left their 2nd floor window open every night for years. How was I to know I wasn't supposed to climb the nearby drain pipe and get into the store through it? Furthermore I've been taking $60 from the register every night. They leave $90 in the register. I shouldnt be arrested because I haven't actually been taking ALL of the money. Therefore, by definition, it's not TECHNICALLY robbery."
    alanon and fransisco like this.
  11. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Clearly, a “warning” would suffice!

No need to return the money or face any punishment because...reasons! Emotional, salt-laced, tirade powered reasons!
    fransisco and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  12. WAFLOL Journeyman

Apparently Niskin is the exploit police and has the all seeing knowledge of what an exploit is and isn't. Maybe he works for DBG? BUT the fact remains this has been common practice for many years and apparently /bug reported for equally as long. Now DBG comes out and finally says this is classified as an exploit, here's a suspension for half our paying customers.
  13. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

My explanation of why the two things are different is clear and easy to understand. You are just running around the forums rage-posting like a baby. That's not my problem.

Whether something is immediately fixed or perpetually broken is not the indicator of whether or not it is an exploit or worthy of a suspension/ban. The priority has always been determined by what they are gaining and how fast they are gaining it, versus how difficult the issue is to fix. This mission pushed that calculation past the breaking point for this issue.
  14. bbanz Elder

When are they going to do the same for Thuli mission?
  15. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Nothing and noone forces you to loot after either, knowing fully well that the preduce you just did will allow you to repeat it again in 5minutes or much sooner than you "should" at any rate.

A kick/taskremoval per se should not be a reason for a suspension.
    While i don't know what the indicators are they've used to determine who's suspended and who not, i DO hope they've taken this into account and haven't taken THIS over-simple approach, but at least did an "and" in their query too...
  16. Risiko Augur

Correct me if I am wrong, but I could have sworn that long, long ago in a far off galaxy known as Brad's fun town, they saw kiting, fear kiting, and root rot mechanics as exploits of the game. Those so called "exploits" were never corrected in game, and instead became staples of the game play of Everquest.

There fore, I have to believe that if a game mechanic is left in place for a year or more, that it is actually intended functionality.

That being said, I am ONLY arguing the side of dropping a mission and trying it again WITH OUT spawning the reward (chest or what ever it is you get... I didn't do it, so I don't know what you get). To me, that's basically the game designers saying you have two choices. Either finish the mission and get your reward which comes with a lock out timer or don't finish your mission and be able to run it again for experience. The game mechanic seems like you are being given a choice of Experience or Loot. Seems valid. I see no issue there at all.

If on the other hand, you are doing the mission repeatedly with no lock out timer AND getting the reward that SHOULD GIVE YOU A LOCKOUT TIMER, then you are in fact gaming the system and should know better.

Either way, DBG should accept the mistake they have made in the design of this mission, fix it, and move on.

Don't punish your paying customer base because honestly... there isn't anybody to replace these customer with if you run them off.

Seriously... when's the last time you saw a real honest to God new Everquest customer?

Please do not have another NGE moment where you end up losing most of your customer base again due to a bad decision. The community can't afford another NGE, and really, I don't want to have to find another MMORPG to play just because nobody is left playing the one like :(

A game designer messed up. Fix it. Move on. Nothing to see here.
    Gialana likes this.
  17. Roxxlyy Augur

These account suspensions were not made in error, and affect those who bypassed the lockout timer for Fell Foliage multiple times. Exploiting bugs in-game is a direct violation of the EverQuest Rules of Conduct, regardless of how long the bug has been around. Due to the nature of this specific situation no accounts were permanently banned, although intentionally abusing exploits can be grounds for an account ban.

If you believe your account was wrongly suspended, please contact CS at help.daybreakgames.com. As you will not be able to login to the suspended account, you’ll have to make a new Daybreak account in order to open up a ticket.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.