Single Augment Distiller Type

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Jan 3, 2018.

1. fransisco Augur

Would it be possible to stop using augment distillers type 1-20 and just have "augment distiller"?
    This seems like a needless complication that doesn't really add anything to the game besides annoyance.
  2. Monkman Augur

It's called the perfected augmentation distiller

[IMG]
  3. smash Augur

Would make much easier that a higher type of distiller would work on any lesser. So a 20 would work on all from 1 to 20. Then you can decide do u wanna buy a specific one or just buy the highest which cost more. Would enable to buy a stack of the highest and carry them around instead of 10 different types.
    mmats likes this.
  4. fransisco Augur

I'm not looking for perfect augmentation distillers, just the ability to have a single distiller to remove all normal augments, instead of carrying a bag full of different types
    mmats and kizant like this.
  5. Corak Elder

I would love this change for convenience sake! The proliferation of different distiller types does not seem worth the trouble.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  6. Aurastrider Augur

I love the idea or at least reduce the number of types down to 3 for normal distillers plus the perfected distiller for items you cant remove with the standard type. Type 1 would be for level 1-50 Augs, Type 2 for level 51-100 augs and Type 3 for level 101+ augs. also increase the stack size to 100 and this would be a nice QOL upgrade to start out the new year.
  7. Scorrpio Augur

Yeah just use lowest available distiller that is high enough from inventory. I.e. if I got type X and type XVI and aug calls for type VII, use the X.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  8. Jaylin Augur

You fail to realize dbg logic. It's consolidate stuff you don't want consolidated and leave stuff you want consolidated as 30 different things.

Would love it to just be 1. But I'm not holding my breath
    Feznik, mmats and Thrillho like this.
  9. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I think this comes down to how difficult it is to do this and what priority they want to make this. I think everyone realizes how busy they are fixing the many RoS bugs. And when they are fixed, it's on to the next expansion, fixing more bugs, etc.

They don't have the staff to do what they want to do. So they have to pick what is most important to them and try to squeeze in this kind of thing if they can.
  10. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Just sell perfect aug distillers on the merchant for plat.

Time to save for them from store or loyalty takes forever. Id rather pay 50k for a new purity aug than db cash/loyalty tokens. But id buy a stack of distillers at 5-10k each!

Really we use them for type 3’s and 35 purity augs... so between 15-25k ish for the type 3 aug, and depending on server 20-100k for the purity aug. unless you have been saving them forever...
  11. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I'm really not interested in paying 5-10kpp per aug move when I'm paying like 10-100pp now, thanks. What you're suggesting here is way beyond unreasonable to just have to carry 1 stack of distillers. Spend with your own wallet, not mine.
  12. Bigstomp Augur

Even nicer would be to have it just ask you if you'd like to pay X with X being the price of the distiller to remove it and not have to carry them around at all.
    Tatanka likes this.
  13. Tucoh Augur

This would be best from my perspective.

But if they just sold a "Aug distiller" for 200pp that can do I to XXI, that'd be fine by me.
  14. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Then keep those distillers on you like the rest of us. But id pay that amount to buy perfected augmented distillers vs buying the aug again or useing loyalty tokens or db cash.

Is it that hard to comprehend!?
  15. Tatanka Joe Schmo

It's not, it's just a separate issue from the one the OP started.
  16. Scorrpio Augur

Oh, and if this does get implemented, can we have the "summon distiller vendor" veteran perk replaced with "summon parcel handler"?
  17. oldandnasty Augur

Just let people remove the damn things and eliminate the distillers.
    fransisco likes this.
  18. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I think changing the distiller functionality to be >= instead of = is a good solution.
    Tatanka likes this.
  19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

How about just charging you a thousand plat each time you remove an aug? Skip the distillers entirely except for the perfected one.
  20. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

That really hurts lower level players and broke players. The purpose of this change is to simplify removing augs, that can be done without making the lower levels more expensive. Now if the cost was level based that could work, but that's more coding than just changing = to >=.