Once again Euro guilds get the short end of the stick

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I hope the actual January patch doesn't mess with our raid times again.

4 hour patch just to get 1 NPC back, So not worth it.

When are we going to see major issues of mercs not getting exp. Bugged tasks rewards. AAs and spells not working correctly. Assurance fixed to not overwrite druid skin. Missing collectables sets not spawning. Fixed?

Many of which we have been told were fixed internally and just needed a patch.

This is a patch why are they not included?
  2. Bigstomp Augur

It gets you another raid, an easy one at that.

I can't see this as a major issue. An annoyance yes, but no matter how many aa's they have they will still suck.
    Elricvonclief and feeltheburn like this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

We had raids cancelled twice last month due to patches and we are going to have the same again this month.

Just don't understand why they can't put things in this patch which are supposedly only waiting for a patch, So we don't have more downtime later in the month.
  4. Thrillho Augur

A 20+ page thread about the NPC shows that it is important for a lot of folks.

And the relative size of the patch ("just 1 NPC") isn't what eats up the downtime, it's all the other stuff that's involved. Taking down all servers. Patching all servers. Restarting all servers. Bug checking all servers. Unlocking all servers.
  5. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

You guys should just move to America
    Chelsith and Metanis like this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Never in million years....

Oh well I guess now they cancelled the patch we will have yet another 2 raid nights cancelled this month. :rolleyes: I could get used to going out galavanting instead of raiding. :)
    Slippry likes this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Which is why it would make more sense to patch the other things as well which are supposedly ready for patching instead of bringing down the server again later in the month.
  8. AB_H'Sishi Augur

Sheesh, take such opportunities to taste a sip of the so-called "Real Life".

The patch time is the result of 24 different timezones on that thing we call "Earth" which mean our "Raid Prime Time" (7 PM) is their "late morning work time" (10 AM) and I can't blame DBG for not wanting to pay night shifts just to make it possible a few hundred people on a single server can raid in their evening after the patch while on all other servers in the US the night owls can't play.
    Does the server architecture support Live servers being on different client versions? I guess not; if yes it would already be implemented to patch servers during their own low-load times.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  9. Prathun Developer

It was not feasible to bundle in other changes with the emergency update.
    Even if it was feasible, it would still be necessary to update again because there are in-progress tasks that are slated for the mid-January update.
  10. Vdidar Augur

And instead we get nothing
  11. Prathun Developer

12. Dragari Journeyman

This is ridiculous. Thursday was due to be our raid day (Euro guild) so we moved it to Friday because of the patch - so of course no patch Thursday so we could have raided, but now we cannot raid on our rearranged day because the patch moved, come on Daybreak, give us a chance. Pathetic.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Can you look at returning the patch times to the time they were at the beginning of last year? Where they had a lesser impact on the Euro server raid times.

Or patch AB at a different time to the other servers, we all know it needs special treatment last year showed that. Many thanks for all the changes done to make playing on AB more enjoyable, its still not perfect but at least it is playable now. There are a lot of players trying to catch up on things they didn't get done last expansion due to an unplayable server and patches on our primetime is extremely frustrating.

Another option might be to patch at a different time each month so it isn't always the same time zone being effected by patches.
  14. IblisTheMage Augur

It will never happen. ( unless DB get some cool AWS setup, enabling Infrastructure as Code, and make updates near to real time).
  15. Sissruukk Rogue One

Too much to say that would violate forum rules.
    Tatanka likes this.
  16. Feznik Elder

Daybreak doesn't believe in using AWS, even though it makes more sense. You have to understand Daybreak logic.

IblisTheMage likes this.
  17. Risiko Augur

You would think that the optimum time zone for server patches would be during the day time for China/Russia. I mean correct me if I am wrong, but from everything I have ever seen, there is an active player base in Americas, Europe, and Australia.

Of course, that would mean that DBG employees would be patching at like 2 in the morning their time. So... probably not going to happen. ;)
  18. Vdidar Augur

My bad, I did forget to mention that some lucky players got suspended because DBG refused to fix a bug that had been around for years until all the sudden they decide to suspend everyone but its ok to push a bug filled product in the name of profit.
  19. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

This game was coded like 15 years before AWS existed and still uses a lot of the original code. Converting it to work on AWS would be a nightmare that would likely be harder than just making a new game and hosting it there.
  20. jeskola pheerie

Yes, you are right, a for-profit company owned by an investment group should make decisions based on a few forum whiners and charity, not profit!