Test Update 01/03/2018 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jan 3, 2018.

1. EQ Dev Developer

January 4, 2018

*** Quests & Events ***

- Shared tasks, upon completion, will now give their replay timer to any members who dropped the task before it was completed.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- You will no longer be able to loot items in a dynamic zone if you have left the shared task or been removed from the DZ.
    svann, Khat_Nip and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  2. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Is that it for the entire month or was this an emergency patch?
  3. klanderso Developer

This one's an emergency patch. We need to make sure that these changes are tested properly before we push them out to live.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Jalelorf Augur

Good one! LOL! I can't recall the last time you guys properly tested something before pushing it to live.
    o_O
    Slippry and Hiladdar like this.
  5. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Gotcha well we'll test them for you. Do you know if the instance server was fixed? It's been wonky for awhile and takes 5-6 attempts to get anything to load or things just won't load.
  6. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I appreciate that they are trying and don't see the need to be snarky. We've tested a lot of stuff over the years like the 16th, 17th and 18th anniversary tasks and HH Sebillis, the advanced loot system, the find item system and other things of that nature but we could do more if the coders and devs were given more free reign.

A lot of players don't understand that without the financial backing of Sony that they are limited on what they are able to do now with less employees and less funding to work with. I for one am grateful that the game is still active, still gets patches and still gets expansions.

Of course I wish it was more and that EQ had the funding and team the size of WoW because it's 10 times better than that game ever was but unfortunately it is what it is.
    Ishtass and Fanra like this.
  7. Renji New Member

Hello... I'm new to test server and still getting my bearings, but do you post Test down times somewhere? Is this an exception because it is not normally posted for "emergency patches"? I saw a few occasions where it was posted in News and Announcements.

Not nitpicking or crying, just genuinely trying to learn the process so I can plan accordingly in the future.

Thanks!
  8. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Usually the estimate is given in the chat within the server select menu on the banner. This time it was estimated to be down for an hour and was down an hour or slightly less.

We generally assume that downtime is going to be at least 30 minutes but prepare for it to be extended any time a patch is announced or the server is taken down for Test.
    Renji likes this.
  9. Renji New Member

Thank you, I'll be sure there to look there in the future, as I make my new home on Test! :)
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. Catashe Augur

No shared Plane of Time loot for Agnarr... poor souls
  11. Funk Augur

That would have to be tested. As the normal unlock for a chest is at 14:50 remaining what we will have to check is whether a person can be added to a DZ and manually still loot items from the chest.

It's meant to keep people from leaving a DZ/Mission then looting after which allowed them to bypass a lockout timer. So for Agnarr and other DZ's a person should still be able to be added, zone in and loot items. I think'=)
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Will this need a full patch on live or can it be hot fixed?
  13. Warpeace Augur

Going with Patch.
  14. svann Augur

Was that part really necessary? If I read that correctly, guildies sitting out for raid balance issues wont be able to bid on raid drops. Seems to me that the first change would be enough and the bolded change is unnecessary.
  15. AnzoRagespirit Augur

EQ Dev said: ↑
    “January 4, 2018

*** Quests & Events ***

- Shared tasks, upon completion, will now give their replay timer to any members who dropped the task before it was completed.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- You will no longer be able to loot items in a dynamic zone if you have left the shared task or been removed from the DZ.”
    Was that part really necessary? If I read that correctly, guildies sitting out for raid balance issues wont be able to bid on raid drops. Seems to me that the first change would be enough and the bolded change is unnecessary.

This exactly, with new raids brings bigger benches therefore some people won't be able to bid on loot just because there wasn't room for their class.

I do hope they make it to where you can be added to the DZ to get loot that you win. As long as your in the DZ you should be able to loot.

If the first part happens I'm sure there will be an uproar on the forums about it.

IMO instead of having the lock out AFTER the chest is opened it should be when the final mob is killed, not the chest being opened...who programs this stuff?
  16. Riou EQResource

Pretty sure it is saying that when you try to loot something in an instance it will do a check

if you are in the DZ/task - can loot
    if you are not in the DZ/task - can not loot
    EQ Dev and Dzarn like this.
  17. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

Speaking of instance lockouts...

If you have a character on an instance that has gotten a loot lockout, camp it out, and get a new char from the same account into the instance, your account gets a new lockout for each char that that loots stuff (so if the loot lockout was 6 days, your account gets 12 days after the second char). Is this intended by design, or a bug?
  18. Bigstomp Augur

Are you saying character 1 got 2 lockouts? Or each character got 1 lockout?
  19. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

On Agnarr, lockouts for instances are account wide, so if a char on your account does, let's say, nagafen, and loots a boulder, your account gets a 6 days lockout.

Then, if you log a second char on the same account, add it to the same instance, and loot a boulder, your account gets 6 more days of lockout (now 12). I suppose it keeps happening for each new char you add from the same account.
  20. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Wouldn't have
    Sufficed to "hotfix" any exploiting that apparently has been going on?

I fear that
    Is taking it too far, and causes problems.
    e.g. when i am requesting a mission or at least am present at request time, then drop it to get a more-needed TA/group for a different shared task.
    If i read this correctly, if my group would go on without me at that time and complete the mission, i would also get their lockout, even though i was, at the time, doing something completely different?
    I could not go back immediately after, say, some partisan task with the same group i have done that partisan task with to do that hero mission with THEM (instead of my former group), even though i hve dropped the task and of course the zone and also of course could not loot anything?

Sure, only a problem in some specific situations perhaps.
    For most droppings of tasks (e.g. to invite extra people just after the locked task directly on request) the important "upon completion" in the above line is enough.
    But i see no cheating/exploiting in the described (and not too far-fetched either) scenario, only artificially created waiting times.

So:
    is this only a temporary thing (it would be acceptable then imo),
    or is this combination the "final fix" for whatever exploit has been going on?
    (in that case i see issues with the first part, as explained)

Since i do not know what you are intending to fix with this hotfix, i can't say if it's needed - but me thinks that getting a lockout whenever you actually LOOT something and/or get an actual task reward/achievement/flag should be enough?