Orc Scalps

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nuttmeg, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Nuttmeg Augur

When did orc scalps stop dropping in Crushbone? Is it in patch notes? or some kind of inadvertent "feature" introduced with a "fix" to something?

Please bring back orc scalps in crushbone! This is one of few evil aligned faction items.
  2. Cloudia Augur

Hunh? I recall collecting belts and shoulder pads in crushbone long ago, but the only place I recall factioning scalps dropping was highpass.
  3. Nolrog Augur

That is not entirely correct. The faction turn in for the scalps was in highpass, but the scalps themselves drop in various places (including Highpass). They should drop in Crushbone, but IIRC, they were fairly rare there. I found much more success in Greater Faydark.

Also note, that the XP reward for turning in scalps (and other quest turn ins like that) was significantly reduced (reduced by like 80% or 90%), so you couldn't XP fast just using that method.
    snailish likes this.
  4. Prathun Developer

The Orc Scalp treasure tables attached to Highpass NPCs were from original EQ. There is no restriction on these drops.
    The Orc Scalp treasure tables attached to Crushbone and Greater Faydark NPCs were created on June 14th, 2002, so they are restricted to Planes of Power unlocking.
  5. Sissruukk Rogue One

Orcs in Crushbone finally got scalps in Planes of Power? Interesting...
  6. Sissruukk Rogue One

Say, Prathun, whatever happened to the guard in Qeynos you could give milk to for Qeynos faction? I haven't seen him around for years.
  7. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Probably retired from all the profits he made, since players kept giving him thousands of gallons of milk for quick faction.