Hortulanus Cryolex in Overthere

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Jumbur Improved Familiar

It is true that bug reports are partial guesswork on our behalf. But sometimes it is quite clear when it is a bug and when it isn't.
  2. Inca Lorekeeper

It is because of the same issue that created the situation in the first place. Slackish design practices.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  3. kizant Augur

Except you don't love your store owners apparently or the person who accidentally made the bad coupons. Who'll probably get fired when lots of people like you take advantage of an honest mistake. I suppose you'll still have your job and be willing to sell them stuff though? That is very kind of you to fulfill the job requirements you were hired for.
  4. Inca Lorekeeper

What is up with your prejudiced, bigoted personal attacks? You don't know me.
  5. kizant Augur

You can do both but it depends on each situation. Some bugs, for example, are vital to keeping a class relevant. And just because you let the bug fixers know about it doesn't mean the people responsible for class balance are going to find out or understand they need to address the consequences of the fix.

Then you have bugs like talked about in this thread. The only benefit is a time savings. And given the key/lockout time requirements it's not like there isn't ample time to complete VP keys without the exploit. It just saves you a headache. Although, for the record, I don't believe the reason the NPC was removed has anything to do with the bug people have been talking about here.
  6. kizant Augur

Sorry if I touched a nerve but I was just replying to what you've stated.
  7. Inca Lorekeeper

No you weren't. You have edited out your personal attacks so others won't see them now. You go on with your hypocritical self-righteous horsecrap....
  8. Marike Elder

Hey guys - hope y'all had a safe and warm Christmas. I just wanted to drop by and say thanks for removing the NPC. It allowed me to get to Target about 20 minutes earlier than I would have normally and I was able to pick up an inflatable llama, which I am enjoying right now.
    Vdidar, Fanra, Axxius and 2 others like this.
  9. Bamboompow Augur

Put a replay timer on the chest spawn itself and not the instance. If you open it up, the timer starts. Also have opening the chest reward any exp as well. It won't prevent people from wanting to go back into the event to learn but there will be zero incentive past that if you don't wait for the lockout on the chest spawn.
  10. Nudia Augur

Or just make it assign a timer on request. The longest of these three missions is what, 15 minutes? 30 with group-level gear?

Let's get back to the heart of the matter, though. We need to make sure these criminals are brought to justice, not just in game, but in real life for the crimes they have committed. I'm normally not a fan of the death penalty, but in these extreme cases...

It sucks that CT and RoI are losing raid time on this. I'm not sure if anyone else is raiding lockout timers, but if they are, a bummer for them too. That said, y'all need to chill a bit with the lifetime bans, rollbacks, and junk like that. Relax a little, it'll be okay.
  11. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

This is what an edited post looks like, FYI.

On the lower right side is says "edited by etc etc".

Zero edits from kizant. You're the one that brought up your personal life in some odd attempt to defend an exploit. So maybe you should go on with your own "hypocritical self-righteous horsecrap".
    kizant likes this.
  12. Cicelee Augur

Not sure what is more fun... raiding Cactii, or reading this thread.
    Thrillho, Fehu and kizant like this.
  13. Bamboompow Augur

It would be better to assign the lockout timer at completion:IE when the chest "dies". What happens if someone goes LD or has to leave before zoning into the instance? Basically they get a lockout for nothing.

As for those raids being inaccessible and our top raid orgs having the withdrawals, your guilds, more than anyone, had a dominant presence in beta. Typically you guys look for the angles to have game mechanics work in your favor. Its what you do. Granted, this exploit has been around forever but that also would mean it was low hanging fruit as far as trying to" work the system" goes. Old tricks are the best tricks.

If there is a point, the top guilds probably did have some knowledge of this exploit in beta and either they got dollar signs in their eyes and clamped their mouths shut about it, or they did tell the dev team and the dev team in turn did nothing.

If it was the later, than bummer to you all.

If it was the former, than accept that what comes around sometimes goes around and that getting this fixed so its fair is in everyone's best interests. If having the raid be inaccessible is part of the rectification, than ask yourselves what could you all have done in beta to prevent this exploit from going live. If you guys dropped the ball than you have no room to take umbrage with what it takes to actually fix it.
  14. Inca Lorekeeper

You are right. His self-righteous personal attack is still there...
    " Who'll probably get fired when lots of people like you take advantage of an honest mistake. I suppose you'll still have your job and be willing to sell them stuff though? That is very kind of you to fulfill the job requirements you were hired for."...

I did not take advantage of anything. I merely joined a group in a mission and tanked a couple cacti.

Pizant has suggested several times already that I am guilty of something...a thief...dishonest...exploiter...et al. People like you, Yepmetoo... (even though I don't know you, I am going to go all pizant on you and blame you for it anyway.)
  15. Inca Lorekeeper

Daybreak, please take away from me the nothing I gained while doing this mission. I feel bad that I stole nothing and received almost 0 experience from doing it. I am sorry that the 'honest' players were not able to get in on the action of getting free pixels of imaginary stuff to make their undeveloped, only group playing, DH HA king toons a miniscule amount tougher.
  16. kizant Augur

Look at my replies to you. There's no 'last edited' notes because I never changed my posts. I only edited my reply to Jumbur to fix a spelling mistake. Besides anyone on here who's read my posts before know I'm not someone who would pretend like that. It is interesting that you've invented this story about me though. WTG
  17. svann Augur

Not the same thing unless that screwup forced the store to stop selling milk altogether for a month. The difference is that in your example only the company loses, but what really happened was that it caused all the other customers to lose.
  18. Inca Lorekeeper

So far, you have accused me of theft, exploitation, shady playing, shady work ethics and being a bad person...while not knowing anything about me at all other than what I have typed in this thread.

Go fondle Gribble some more....
  19. Bamboompow Augur

Please stand by while meaningful discussion is preempted by good ole fashion ad hominem attacks.
    Thanks for your patience in this matter!
    feeltheburn and svann like this.
  20. Inca Lorekeeper

Right. The whiners that didn't get free stuff complained about not getting their free stuff and Daybreak's response was to fk everybody over with that NPC.

My grocery store ran out of milk on Xmas eve and riots nearly started. If some catastrophe stops the trucks from trucking it would be a matter of minutes before the zombie apocalypse commences.