RoS T1 Visibles as bottleneck

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Corak, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Corak Elder

It seems to me like one of the design choices made for RoS was to have the T1 visibles be much harder to come by, and needed to make the T2 visibles. After playing a fair amount in T1, I have gotten 16 RoS loot drops, but only 2 T1 gloves. I sense this is going to be a big task to farm T1 visibles before moving on to T2.

EoK was not like this, it seemed like it made sense to skip most of the T1 visible stuff and just move to the T2 zones.

I can see the benefit of motivating us to play some T1, but time will tell whether the grind seems too long in T1.
  2. segap Augur

Having T1 zones that are fun would be better motivation. Both OT and SF suck. Forcing people to play in zones they don't enjoy so that they can use things from zones they might is horrid design. The great thing about having different zones is that it should provide a multitude of play styles so that people can find zones they enjoy. Unfortunately this dev team seems set on the concept that everyone should be forced to experience everything they design.
    Pimm, Ryanxp and noclue like this.
  3. fransisco Augur

not only that, but they are taking up the EA games style of design - make everything take LONGER instead of making more content
  4. Mulleteer Elder

Simple solution make it so you can downgrade t2 visibles into t1.
    Andarriel likes this.
  5. Cleaver Augur

These type of expansions make you wonder do they really play this game. So many annoying things about ROS that makes the gameplay not enjoyable at all.
    eqgamer likes this.
  6. Tamaden Elder

In my experience Devs are not motivated enough to listen to players feed back. Ergo dying EQ.
    And i am not talking about making game easier, HELL NO. I am talking about making it fun....farming roaming zone with no safe camps for 14 hours for item, is not hard, it's . I am a smoker and have bit of Real Life so i must have my AFKs. HS zone just flat out pure suck, DEVS do you want another Sepulcher Zone experience? as in not one player went to have fun there after forced progression quests.
    It is almost like i am being strong armed to go raid and forget about group content gear and camping, and only to log on for raids
  7. Xnao Augur

I feel like I read you do not need t1 for t2.
  8. Kolani Augur

If there's an alternate method, it doesn't appear to be in game, Xnao. T1 requires the slot appropriate Selrach's piece to be consumed, and T2 requires the Scale-Touched piece to be consumed. The group vendor has Selrach's on it, but no alternate source for T2 armor. I've got multiple T2 facets needing a T1 drop to make.
  9. Vanrau Augur

Have you looked at the group tradeskilled gear?
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

What I think you're remembering is that it was rumored that you would need EoK T2 gear to make RoS T1 gear. That rumor was quashed right before release.
  11. Kolani Augur

Uh, you do though. Have you made any yet? You need to combine Selrach's and subspension in Facet.
  12. Xnao Augur

I remember reading:

EoK T1 -> RoS T1
    EoK T2 -> RoS T2
  13. Hellfyres Lorekeeper

Nope it is EOKT1>EOKT2>ROST1>ROST2
    or just skip it all and go to ROSTS1.5
  14. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I always found it weird you couldn't upgrade from RoS-group-T2 to RoS-raid-T1. :confused:

or upgrade from HH-seb visibles to RoS-group-T1...
  15. kinadafz Augur

What I’m not hearing is any complaints on the drop rate! I’ve killed about 15 names spawns, 1 visible drop, that’s it. That is simply garbage.
    Pimm likes this.
  16. Corak Elder

This may be the real design intent, to finally create mass demand for TS armor. Tradeskillers probably deserve it after all these years.

If that is the deal, then I guess what I am doing now in T1 is farming TS material drops to sell on my bazaar mule, so I can afford to buy some TS armor. The good news then, is that I can just move on to T2 for the better non-visible drops, once I am up for it.

The drop rate on T1 visibles is terrible, I agree. Are these visibles just global random drops off named mobs? EQ resource only notes a very few as dropping visibles, which seems crazy if that is it.
  17. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It hasn't even been two weeks, do you expect a full set already for everyone?
    Kaenneth and Cicelee like this.
  18. Vanrau Augur

I expect my piping hot RoS t2 gear to be given to me as soon as I pull around to the drive up window sir. I'm in a hurry and don't have time to play some silly game.
    Tucoh, Kaenneth and Xnao like this.
  19. Corak Elder

I liked the pace of upgrades in EoK, it took me until right before release of RoS to get 3 characters fully geared in EoK T2 in all slots. My priority character, the WAR, was fully T2 after maybe 5 or 6 months of EoK. If you play a lot more than me, maybe that was too fast for you, but worked great for me.
  20. Smokezz The Bane Crew

All I can suggest, is do the missions. Goro and Cactus don't require EoD1, and drop armour every time.