ROS Tradskill quest

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tamaden, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Enjoy it while you can. That's going away.
    (The drops themselves will still be tradable where they already were the very few already No Drop will stay no-drop. The exception is the energy from the two Charasis zones which are sorta a drop... though special case. Those will become no-drop.)
  2. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I guess I'll finally have a reason to skill up research!! Although I'm not really looking forward to it...
  3. Tamaden Elder

This is sad when Devs instead of comment on TS quest reward are looking for things to nerf.
    Can we please have you guys fix bugs first, still many in game like TS charms not giving full stats, Enchant Conflagrant Platinum ability wont give you AA or spell ones it's clicked, When Necro FD while splitting next mob, one that dies wont grant EXP or loot i can go on for days......
    And if you think i am ungrateful, i say THANK YOU every time by paying for game i still like
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I actually made this change the day before my post in a stack of items/tradeskill bugs I was fixing. The change was not in response to this post, I was simply letting you guys know. I considered the trade-ability of sub-combines a bug, even if you guys consider the change a negative adjustment.
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Can you consider leaving the research items as tradeable, research has never been required for a tradeskill quest before only the main 7.

Pretty please. :)
  6. Vladi56855 New Member

Looking forward to have quest items to be no trade, now they just cluttering my bags due to me thinking they are regular TS mats, as I am with the rest on group TS quest in RoS reward being not worth doing.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I think you missed read Ngreths post, the drops will still be tradeable but not the created items.
  8. Vladi56855 New Member

Thank you for pointing that out, THEN I join Tamaden side on stop prioritizing nerfs and fix bugs hehe.
    Yinla likes this.
  9. Tamaden Elder

Ngreth Thergin fact of the matter is every single player and their Mom have a pet class alt bot box. Why not add EM 23 to the group earing. It will make more people doing more TS on their alt and 23 is not to high to make much deference to raiders and keep little people like me happier. Golden Sage's Earing just to damn rare to even wish for.
    Ant it is easily accomplished by just adding convert button to TS quested earing or just trade it to quest NPC for caster version. Not something that will require lots of effort to do i promise.
  10. Orbital101 Augur

The work involved to make this earring dont even come close to the Artisan Prize. 2 hrs of work pre VP which I did in a day for a group of 6 without exploiting the missions is good enough for its reward.
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  11. Tamaden Elder

Well i don't want easy gear, forget about adding EM or anything to 2 hour quest. We got enough raid gear from trash mobs as it is...........
  12. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Yeah. It's not a very difficult quest.
    And no. I'm not going to add a raid focus to a group item.

As for stats... it has higher heroics than any other group earring EXCEPT the pet focus earring, which does beat it in int/wis. Higher Hp/Mana/End, higher AC.
    Heck. Unless we do another jump. the AVERAGE heroics on non-exceptional earrings will not make it to 24 in the next expansion. Those plans haven't been made yet, but if the same pattern follows the average is likely to be 23. The HME may get matched. the AC not likely, unless an AC focused earring is made. (It was not for Ring of Scale) So theoretically, it is better than an earring in the next expansion (Again excepting the pet earring which will likely remain better for pet users for one of the earring slots. But there are two!). Time will tell on that.

And, again, as the first line of this post says, the quest isn't that difficult. I'm not sure it deserves to be as good as it is.
    Sancus and feeltheburn like this.
  13. Horyuken Augur

Confirmed new expansion, quick someone start a thread speculating on the next expansion! Did someone say Kunark 3 and Karnors Castle!!!!
  14. feeltheburn Augur

go ahead folks keep at it, pound Ngreth needlessly more and watch the bat come down.
    Try seeing the forest for the trees and take a hint.......

15. Frogmancer Augur

No, it’s time to go back to Velious. Corrupted Coldain!
  16. HeatherPurrs Augur

Forced tradeskill stuff especially in progression is flat out ignorant of how players play and what players want and eventually you'll be updating a resume and come to this realization.
  17. HeatherPurrs Augur

Look at the number of hours I've played your game and my gear... You're out of touch my friend.
  18. feeltheburn Augur

problem is you dont have link so he cant see your gear :) just saying.
    svann likes this.
  19. Ngreth Thergn Developer

This quest is not in progression. Nothing is *forcing* you to do this quest except the desire to have best in slot item.

And yes, I do "get" that some people think that the fact it is the best in slot item is "forcing" them to do it. There was a rather long conversation on these forums about rewards for hunter achievements that said the same thing... that if the reward was "good" it "Forced" people to do hunter.
    Soju, Orbital101, Thrillho and 2 others like this.
  20. segap Augur

Much of the direction he has been taking the game is far away from what I enjoy. It's very much a game of micromanaging resources. For his sake, hopefully he has a better pulse on that the majority of the playerbase is wanting. 90% of the people I know don't like the direction. For all I know, I could be socializing in a small bubble of like mindedness though.

At least I can appreciate that he's interacting with the community. The rest of the dev team seems to have gone awol (including during beta).