Draught of the Craftsman not working on ROS recipies

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elthorien, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Elthorien Elder

currently doing conflagrant fish scale patch.. not getting 100% salvage with the potion running
    Hiladdar likes this.
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

How bad is it? I do remember reading year's ago that, due to the way it's programmed, there is still a very small chance of not recovering something (like, less than 1%).

Whenever I've used DotC, it's for a lot of combines, and I just use auto-combine, so no idea if I've seen this myself or not. Just reporting what I've read.

If you're seeing something much more obvious, then that's another story.
  3. Elthorien Elder

combine 10x conflagrant fish scales inside tackle box to receive 1x conflagrant fish scale patch

currently have potion still running... failure yields only TWO of the ten fish scales salvaged... it is supposed to be 100% so should get all 10 back on failure
  4. Elthorien Elder

update... second set of combines in the series.... combine 10 conflagrant fish scale patch to make 1 conflagrant fish scale swatch... upon failure with potion running, this one is also only returning TWO of the 10 items for salvage.. should be all 10
  5. Ssdar Augur

can you confirm on any other recipes or just the fish scales? May just be a bug with that recipe's failure?
  6. Elthorien Elder

i stopped at the fish scale combines... they are easy to get ... the other stuff is so rare.. i will not risk it.. at most they MIGHT give me the potion back, but not the other stuff that i failed on
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

The fact that you got back exactly two both times makes it sound like a bug to me. Assuming you have maxed Salvage, you should be salvaging, what, 30 or 40% anyway?

I don't blame you for holding off for now.
  8. Elthorien Elder

the catch is, i was running the draught of the craftsman ... it should be 100%
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Yeah, I got that. My points were:

Even without, you should be salvaging 30-40%.

And exactly two both times seems like a bug... with DotC.
  10. Hiladdar Augur

Given that real money is paid for the Drought of the Craftsman, that is a an issue where something was bought for real money with an implied contractual guarantee is not working as advertised.
    Slippry likes this.
  11. svann Augur

Idk why you would use a draught on fish scales, but its your money I guess.
  12. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I will be punting this to the code team. I have two guesses as to the cause:
    I have a feeling that the spell effect that makes Draught work does not work with fishing. Fishing was not a "combine" skill when this spell effect was originally created.
    It's also *possible* that items with an Alt-Fail (this has alt-fail) doesn't work with it as well.
    Tugroka likes this.
  13. Nolrog Augur

Perhaps the alt-fail is getting applied after the Draught, so it supersedes the 100% from the potion.
  14. Ngreth Thergn Developer

15. Tsavo New Member

16. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Nope.
    Using your wording:
    "don't expect to get all the ingredients back on a fail for any combine where a component is returned on fail, even with DotC"

This is in no way Ring of Scale specific. There are simply more combines in RoS than usual that are not all or nothing.

it more like:
    When making a combine of any kind, don't expect to get a specific component back where the component is both in the sources and the failure results, even if the counts of those sources is different, even with DotC

If you make the RoS combine of the Bard wrist item... since the fail does NOT return anything but the hammer. You'll get all components back. But the bard BP. You'll only ever get 2 sheets back, but you will get all other components (including the hammer... but only because instead of salvaging it, you get it back on the fail)
    Tsavo likes this.
  17. Tsavo New Member

That's reasonable, thanks for clarification.
  18. Stephen51 Augur

Sorry to de-rail this discussion slightly, but it seemed a bit of a waste starting a new DotC thread.

I recently bought one for my Girlfriend's druid to try to raise her research skill using the Combat Spellbook recipe (Writing Ink, Mystic Ash, 5 x piece of parchment), much the same as I did for my main some time ago. With a triv of over 300 it was a good way of raising what still is a horrible tradeskill.

I noticed that the duration now ticks down in PoK which was a bit sad, but I guess understandable. What I also noticed was although I got my girlfriend's toon up over 200 in research, the research trophy did not evolve at all. I had it in the range slot which has always worked in the past.

Not sure if this is a bug or a change, but I wondered how will I get the trophy to start evolving again?
  19. Bjpotratz New Member

I believe the trivial has to be within 50 (or maybe 100) of your skill in order to get exp on the trophy.
  20. Thrillho Augur

This was changed a few years ago because people were using the PoK (and similar) zones to maintain the potion's benefits indefinitely.

The Combat Spellbook's trivial (375) is too high for it to impact the trophy's evolution at your current skill level. Can't recall what it is at the moment though. It will start evolving once you reach a certain threshold though. You need to be within X skill points for it to have an impact.